You tell em Donald

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
That wasn't what I said.
IMG_0225.JPG

Oldfart

Hillary has more class in one of her turds than Trump has ever had. Why am I not surprised you're a fervent supporter. I do hate Trump, and I feel sorry for those ignorant enough to buy his BS.
Someone as negative and low class as you is just the type person that Hillary campaigned for. Did it get her elected?

TRUMP=President
Hillery=LOSER
MFE=A person with TWO college degrees and all he became was a dumb ole truck driver.

Bummer

vantexan

but but but I thought with low corporate taxes the companies would come back and and and jobs and and and.......

it's a bull:censored2: line and suckers take it hook line and sinker. See the current corporate strategy of threatening to leave until the government caves and gives you a tax break... under the promise of "moar jobs".

What people seem to forget is what was "Great America" as most people think of it... will never happen again. When "Great America" was around... calling Japan was at least 50 cents a minute... and the only way for you to get schematics there was to use FedEx/DHL/UPS or the post office. It's not going to happen people. We will never have that "Great America" again. We have to reimagine our 'Greatness' and that means someone who is forward thinking and different.... not anyone in our current government.
But to hear Democrats Obama did a fantastic job and Hillary would've too. If this is as good as it gets we really are screwed.

vantexan

Incorrect. There is no desire to seriously cut into the real "meat and potatoes" of government spending. In fact to do so is akin to political suicide.
And yet we are heading for a fiscal cliff and what I see here is don't cut waste, fraud, and abuse. Don't slow down spending. Take more from everyone. Cut out a program that helps people survive to give to others. And make the country less secure because no one will ever challenge us. So what if they run over our allies, they'll leave us alone. Sounds to me that we're focused on the right here, right now with no concern for the inevitable. And let's not grow the economy, let's grow the government. Cradle to grave.

bbsam

Staff member
And yet we are heading for a fiscal cliff and what I see here is don't cut waste, fraud, and abuse. Don't slow down spending. Take more from everyone. Cut out a program that helps people survive to give to others. And make the country less secure because no one will ever challenge us. So what if they run over our allies, they'll leave us alone. Sounds to me that we're focused on the right here, right now with no concern for the inevitable. And let's not grow the economy, let's grow the government. Cradle to grave.
If debt reduction is truly the aim, there is no other path. Waste, fraud and abuse reductions will not get us there. Not even close. So what are you willing to do past that?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If debt reduction is truly the aim, there is no other path. Waste, fraud and abuse reductions will not get us there. Not even close. So what are you willing to do past that?

While you are correcting that reducing FWA will not get us there, you cannot deny that it would be a step in the right direction.

Let's use a personal debt consolidation loan as an example. You will end up right back where you were before taking out the loan if you do not take the steps necessary to prevent it, whether it be reducing spending, increasing income or a combination of the two.

vantexan

You deflect a lot. The point is the largest experiment in trickle down economics that has been conducted in Kansas is a dismal failure for the citizens of Kansas. It doesn't work and it hurts people.
Says the Left. What is hurting Kansas is low ag prices. Our local newspaper is left of center and I'm not seeing them rail against Brownback.

vantexan

Cut everything and people will have to suck it up if serious about debt reduction. But first and foremost eliminate taxes and regulations that hold business back. More revenue will flow to the gov't. Worked under Reagan, was working under Bush but combination of wars and a real estate bubble did him in.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Says the Left. What is hurting Kansas is low ag prices. Our local newspaper is left of center and I'm not seeing them rail against Brownback.
yet the left says nothing about the continuing of taxes raises in California. Which have resulted in a 1.6 billion deficit. Kansas is doing fine, the left has to say it failed.

bbsam

Staff member
While you are correcting that reducing FWA will not get us there, you cannot deny that it would be a step in the right direction.

Let's use a personal debt consolidation loan as an example. You will end up right back where you were before taking out the loan if you do not take the steps necessary to prevent it, whether it be reducing spending, increasing income or a combination of the two.
It is a step in the right direction. I have never said otherwise.

My question is what about after FWA? I mean if we were only able to cut that and cut 100% of it (probably not possible) is it "good enough" to only saddle future generations with $480,000,000,000 worth of debt per year? If not, (I would say it's not) then how do you cut taxes enough to spur growth to increase tax revenue to cover not only the tax cut but also the $480,000,000,000 debt? I suggest it isn't possible and thus ask what draconian cuts are we willing to make?

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
You deflect a lot. The point is the largest experiment in trickle down economics that has been conducted in Kansas is a dismal failure for the citizens of Kansas. It doesn't work and it hurts people.

I'm not defending trickle-down (it's a delusional bogeyman that lives in the minds of liberals), but anyone who wishes for higher taxes is a fool of the highest order.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
It is a step in the right direction. I have never said otherwise.

My question is what about after FWA? I mean if we were only able to cut that and cut 100% of it (probably not possible) is it "good enough" to only saddle future generations with $480,000,000,000 worth of debt per year? If not, (I would say it's not) then how do you cut taxes enough to spur growth to increase tax revenue to cover not only the tax cut but also the $480,000,000,000 debt? I suggest it isn't possible and thus ask what draconian cuts are we willing to make?

Eliminating Pell Grants would save over $20 billion/year. Cutting federal food assistance programs by half would save around $35 billion/year. Another $25 billion that's being used to subsidize farmers. That's just from a quick Googling of the bigger programs and doesn't include the tons of crap that's buried in the budget.

Our current budget incurs a deficit of 15%. A 15% cut to every item in the budget would balance it.