You Won’t Believe How Cheap This Company Has Become

trickpony1

I had a run going to an outlying, podunk extended center.

The PT'ers told me the HR girl would go to bars in this military town and recruit.

So...

EDIT: this town didn't have a very good reputation. Imagine...

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
"No RPCD shall be laid off or displaced from the classification while 22.4 combination drivers are working in the building."

We haven't even seen the advent, of 22.4 drivers.

My position remains;

Where are they coming from ?

If inside people don't want a full-time RPCD job....

How is the company, going to fill the 22.4 positions ?

-Bug-

HR will recruit from bars, nightclubs, homeless shelters etc.

....nursing homes, moms basements...
We already hired and trained them.

Peak hire/casuals

rown_oser

Same As It Ever Was
Somebody found that sign and brought it back to the hub to take that picture, come on man it’s clearly a joke

No. Who would put their career in jeopardy for this small "joke?" If caught, one could be fired for theft of property/vandalism/defacing company property, no? I simply walked past it and said to myself "GTFO," I need a picture of this for the BC kids.

oldngray

nowhere special
Yes ... two dozen.
picdump_2946_15.jpg

Redtag

Part on order, ok to drive
View attachment 229208 Their Q4 profits are too disgraceful so an option they’re using is to rent out parking spaces during the day. TF?

Not only the sign you have A 137 and 136 series truck still on the road in New York! I can only imagine what the frames look like on those dinosaurs....

Your automotive department needs to ADA those things.

rod

Retired 22 years
It’s called living in a place where you actually have to lock your doors at night. So you’ve never visited NYC, LA, Chicago?

Yep--been to all three. Paid $75 in NYC to park while we went up in the Empire State Building. Got into a pissing match in Chicago over a parking spot. Being I didn't want to leave town in a coffin I gave it to him (Mama taught me to pick my battles), LA was so smoggy you could hardly see a parking spot. I prefer to live where there are no parking garages or parking meters and the sky is blue. I do admit even living in the sticks we lock our doors at night now. Something we never had to do when I grew up here.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
I remember many years ago, UPS in their infinite wisdom, decided to utilize their planes on weekends by unloading the cans and installing seats to use as private charters. Don't think it worked out well, as I didn't hear about it again after that.