Younger Generations...

rod

Retired 22 years
My 15 year old grandson in Texas has a learners permit but shows absolutely no interest in learning how to drive. The sad thing is he has a cherry CJ-5 Jeep he could be driving to high school next March but it just sits and collects dust in the garage. The 2 times he has sat behind the wheel that I know of was when I the one who took him. His parents aren't exactly pushing him to drive either. All they do is complain about having to haul the kids everywhere. I just don't understand it. When I grew up you took your actual drivers test the same week you turned 16 and had already driven many practice miles with your parents.

rod

Retired 22 years
My 15 year old grandson in Texas has a learners permit but shows absolutely no interest in learning how to drive. The sad thing is he has a cherry CJ-5 Jeep he could be driving to high school next March but it just sits and collects dust in the garage. The 2 times he has sat behind the wheel that I know of was when I the one who took him. His parents aren't exactly pushing him to drive either. All they do is complain about having to haul the kids everywhere. I just don't understand it. When I grew up you took your actual drivers test the same week you turned 16 and had already driven many practice miles with your parents.

govols019

You smell that?
I turned 16 on a Sunday...The drivers license place was closed on Mondays....the wait until that Tuesday was horrible.

Heck, I had my own car before I was 16.
I wasn't old enough to drive it yet but I was working on it so I had my own vehicle when I got my license.

PT 4 Life

Most-Hated Member

Why wouldn’t you want to drive? I was like 13 when I learned lol

Serf

Create content & become an influencer. Never punch a clock or put a hard :censored2: up on the scoreboard ever. Just operate in a theater of like & subscribe.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus

It’s nice to see that a lot of young people are starting to realize they need God in their life. Everyone needs something bigger than them to believe in and be held accountable to. I saw the movie, Jesus Revolution on Monday. It was a pretty good movie about the “Jesus Revolution” in the 70s.

qdg2

It’s nice to see that a lot of young people are starting to realize they need God in their life. Everyone needs something bigger than them to believe in and be held accountable to. I saw the movie, Jesus Revolution on Monday. It was a pretty good movie about the “Jesus Revolution” in the 70s.
Do you mean "religion"?(God)?

How do you hold them "accountable"? And "to" who exactly? Their preacher? Priest? The Church? By donations?

And the only way to have something bigger in their lives....is religion?

Jesus "revolution"....the movie......OMG. Pun intended.

Say, how do you have "God in their life"?

You also said "a lot"....REALLY?

Statistics show otherwise.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.

How do you hold them "accountable"? And "to" who exactly? Their preacher? Priest? The Church? By donations?

🤣

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus

Do you REALLY have to overthink everything? You are mentally exhausting. Relax.

Last edited:

Thebrownblob

Do you REALLY have to under think everything? You are mentally vacant.

Instead of attacking me......how about addressing the questions?

You made some declarative statements that statistics simply don't seem to match....logically.
I wonder if you feel or have statistics that show people coming to Christ and having hope is lacking, if you would be so inclined to help do something about that?

I’m going to bet even with that little I know of @Operational needs she has the heart and the temperament to do so. Do you?

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus

You made some declarative statements that statistics simply don't seem to match....logically.
I have better things to do than answer your questions. Those are the kind of questions I would answer when children ask. I’d rather watch paint dry or pull off my finger nails.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus

Anyone with even half a brain would’ve realized that what I said was MY opinion and not based on anyone’s statistics.