Your First Day?

arice11

My first day as a preloader was rough. Not because of physical labor, but the sheer intimidation of the job. Two other guys and myself watched a video for an hour (half asleep) then took a tour of the facility. Watching them all hustle and move about while getting yelled at wasn't the most encouraging.
Having to be up by 1am just to drive to the warehouse and be at work by 2:15 is frightening. I'm excited to have a different job then the 5pm to 9pm pt Subway job I'm currently at. But it seems a bit tough to deal with.

So how was your first day at UPS?

Any advice for a preloader, just starting?
how do you navigate all those numbers and labels and even find a moment to load them when the belt is on?

laffter

I used to have a sup who liked to yell at us when potential new hires were taking their tour, just to scare them.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
I had tickets to the Eagles my first day on the job got to the game late . I work the twi .15 years later they still suck and so does peak.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Supposedly by there standards I was a little subpar when I first started. I was told after a couple of days that I wasn't needed or may be brought in for unload. I called a couple days later and asked to be given another shot. Here I am 19 years later.

JHogan5000

I need to answer a question to get a UPS t-shirt, yesterday was my first day, and I need to know what the nickname is for UPS planes. If anyone could help I'd greatly appreciate it......Thank you in advance

OptimusPrime

First day was just book work, maybe a brief tour. Was told on our second day we would be able to take the sort test for just our state. Aced it, so from then on reported to work two hours early for the sort test. Took me two days to pass that, so I unloaded only one. And that was cake. Was too fast for the sorters. (In retrospect, understand it's not about raw speed. A smooth steady flow is actually faster). That triggered a montage scene of me working and going to school, me working at UPS and a full time job, me getting layed off by my FT job, so I just did PT and UPS and collected partial unemployment.(Those were the days.) And here I sit, 11 years later having drove FT PC for about 7-8 months. Would I recommend it? Nope. But I like a lot of people never thought I would be a lifer. Glad I stuck it out.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I need to answer a question to get a UPS t-shirt, yesterday was my first day, and I need to know what the nickname is for UPS planes. If anyone could help I'd greatly appreciate it......Thank you in advance

Brown Tails.......I'm not kidding.