Your UPS legacy?

Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n,

I don't understand you comment.

What is yawn supposed to mean?

For the sake of furthering this discussion please explain.

Sincerely,
I

I enjoy reading you're post but when you crowbar religion into the discussion where it clearly has no place it just turns me off. Why do you have a need to force feed your beliefs onto others?

Integrity

Binge Poster
I enjoy reading you're post but when you crowbar religion into the discussion where it clearly has no place it just turns me off. Why do you have a need to force feed your beliefs onto others?
Indecisi0n,

My faith is not my religion, my faith in God is the basis for all of my life and every breath I take.

I don't over God my posts but He is part and the foundation of who I am and my purpose in life.

I have no other alternative but to include Him in my discussions from time to time.

Please provide evidence that I have tried to force feed my beliefs onto anyone.

I recognize clearly that the God of the universe doesn't have to be forced onto anyone. He will go into the hearts he will go into according to his will.

I firmly believe everyone should get right with God but I also recognize that God has put it in us to choose what and who we will believe in.

I also encourage and firmly believe in everyone's God given right to this choice.

I am sorry for offending you, please forgive me.

Sincerely,
I

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
if i had that much time left, i would throw myself in front of a train

It's funny, I think about that all the time. I have 20 years and change left. I think to myself "damn, that's a long time", but then I remember that these first 12 years have absolutely flown by and I feel better.

As for the job, absolutely thankful. It's the best that someone like me will ever do. Some of my very best friends are the people I have met through work. Does the company make seemingly stupid decisions? Yes. Constantly. But as long as they're turning a profit and my paychecks aren't bouncing, I'm just fine with it.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It's funny, I think about that all the time. I have 20 years and change left. I think to myself "damn, that's a long time", but then I remember that these first 12 years have absolutely flown by and I feel better.

I sincerely hope that the Union does not change the rules on you by raising the minimum age and/or years of service required to receive a full pension. Our pension recently added a minimum age (55) in addition to the 30 years of service; hence, we have a couple of younger drivers who will have to work 6-7 more years to receive what will most likely be less than what I will receive in 7 years.

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
Everyone, if you really think about the question - it is a good question.

I -
Allow me to suggest simplification.
Allow me to remove the constraints / rules imposed.
Allow me to remove the subjective evaluation and break everyone free.

Is complaining really complaining?
Could complaining really be an exercise in awareness and bring change?
I feel no one should be judged for "complaining" on BC.

High-jacking a thread.
AJ --- Guilty

How will you be remembered on BC?

Indecisi0n

Everyone, if you really think about the question - it is a good question.

I -
Allow me to suggest simplification.
Allow me to remove the constraints / rules imposed.
Allow me to remove the subjective evaluation and break everyone free.

Is complaining really complaining?
Could complaining really be an exercise in awareness and bring change?
I feel no one should be judged for "complaining" on BC.

High-jacking a thread.
AJ --- Guilty

How will you be remembered on BC?

35816710200901072255331247145936419_004_640.jpg

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Sanchez?
We all fall down?

This was just one of the many miscues the Jets committed on their way to a 49-19 drubbing. Vince Wilfork pushed the lineman in to Sanchez, who then fumbled the ball, which was then picked up by a Patriot and run in for a touchdown as part of a 35 point 2nd quarter.

kingOFchester

More concerned with the legacy I leave with the family when I check out of life. UPS is a job that allows me to support my family. Go in, work as directed, clock out. Then spend the rest of my time concentrating on the family.

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
This was just one of the many miscues the Jets committed on their way to a 49-19 drubbing. Vince Wilfork pushed the lineman in to Sanchez, who then fumbled the ball, which was then picked up by a Patriot and run in for a touchdown as part of a 35 point 2nd quarter.

I believe Sanchez forged his legacy last night.
3 TD in 52 seconds will forever follow him...

Integrity

Binge Poster
More concerned with the legacy I leave with the family when I check out of life. UPS is a job that allows me to support my family. Go in, work as directed, clock out. Then spend the rest of my time concentrating on the family.
kingOFchester,

I agree honor and legacy begins at home.

Our legacy at work is part of our legacy we leave with the family.

Think about this; I don't know what your situation with your family is but we all should want our children and our wives(or husbands) to hear from our employer a report that would make them proud.

A report that would say that we were people who walked and worked with courage and integrity and that we cared about the interests of our employers and our coworkers.

Sincerely,
I

Notretiredyet

My legacy is the people I leave behind when I retire, been working at the same building since day one. We've been thru good times as well as bad, most are like family to me. Gone from the rookie to the old guy that the rookies come to for advise/help and hopefully thru the years I've done more good than harm. Today I'm off to meet a lot of them both retired and still employed at a local watering hole for lunch. Many of them will complain, but I'll take the time to listen as others had for me years ago and help them as best I can. Have a good afternoon, know I will.

rod

Retired 22 years
If my legacy at UPS is judged by the way my old customers still remember me 11 years after I retired when I run into them ----then I would say I left a damn good impression on them. I've lost track of the number of times I've heard "we sure wish you were still our driver". (yes -- I know its not the same UPS today and I tell them that). If my legacy is judged on how I'm remembered at my old center then ----I don't give a crap. All that is really remembered about you there is that everyone moved up a notch on the seniority list the day you left. As far as complaining goes -I enjoy complaining. It gets more fun with age.

Integrity

Binge Poster
If my legacy at UPS is judged by the way my old customers still remember me 11 years after I retired when I run into them ----then I would say I left a damn good impression on them. I've lost track of the number of times I've heard "we sure wish you were still our driver". (yes -- I know its not the same UPS today and I tell them that). If my legacy is judged on how I'm remembered at my old center then ----I don't give a crap. All that is really remembered about you there is that everyone moved up a notch on the seniority list the day you left. As far as complaining goes -I enjoy complaining. It gets more fun with age.
rod,

Thanks for participating in this thread.

You are entitled to care about whatever you choose, but allow me to make one observation.

This is based upon my experience and opinion and I mean you no disrespect or judgement.

Generally speaking individuals who are characterized as complainers and seem to enjoy complaining are very rarely viewed as happy people.

I know you probably don't care but chronic complainers will not be remembered as happy people no matter how much they try to convice or tell others how happy they are.

Sincerely,
I