Your Worthless Medical Insurance

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
How many of you have figured-out that your "coverage" is useless? Another gift from that really great boss of ours, Mr. Smith. I'm sure he has identical coverage, right? Another way that Fred reduces your wage. Even if you make "more" this year, he has exceeded whatever that amount is by a huge factor since he basically eliminated usable health care. Fred, we love you!!

I'm not sure who I think is more vile, the dearly departed Fred Phelps or our own version of a monster.

CJinx

The plans available in my state on the exchange are only marginally better and cost significantly more. More power to you if you can find a better deal somewhere else.

MAKAVELI

The plans available in my state on the exchange are only marginally better and cost significantly more. More power to you if you can find a better deal somewhere else.
With subsidies I would've paid about the same or less on the exchange. The point you are missing is this is supposed to be a benefit not comparable to getting it on your own. It's one thing to pay an insurance company a premium who is trying to make a profit. But when you are paying a premium to your employer so they can make a profit from our health plan that argument just doesn't work.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
With subsidies I would've paid about the same or less on the exchange. The point you are missing is this is supposed to be a benefit not comparable to getting it on your own. It's one thing to pay an insurance company a premium who is trying to make a profit. But when you are paying a premium to your employer so they can make a profit from our health plan that argument just doesn't work.

Exactly. It isn't a benefit at all.

TUT

What do you folks get for that much?

Open market gets you this:
Family of 3

$932/mo
$1750 Deductible for individual/$3500 Family
70-30 Plan, you pay 30% after deductible
$12,500 Max Out of Pocket

If I drop it down to...

$750/mo
$4500 Deductible/$9000 Family
60-40 Plan, you pay 40% after deductible
$12,700 Max Out of Pocket

Something tells me yours is still better then either of them, I've never heard of a Company Plan costing members anywhere near $750+ per mo. Not very sexy on your own. So as I asked, what is your health coverage? Not don't get shy now!

MAKAVELI

Open market gets you this:
Family of 3

$932/mo
$1750 Deductible for individual/$3500 Family
70-30 Plan, you pay 30% after deductible
$12,500 Max Out of Pocket

If I drop it down to...

$750/mo
$4500 Deductible/$9000 Family
60-40 Plan, you pay 40% after deductible
$12,700 Max Out of Pocket

Something tells me yours is still better then either of them, I've never heard of a Company Plan costing members anywhere near $750+ per mo. Not very sexy on your own. So as I asked, what is your health coverage? Not don't get shy now!
You're forgetting to mention about the subsidy. If you're not getting one then you can easily make more than double what we make. That's why it's hard to compare your plan to ours.

TUT

You're forgetting to mention about the subsidy. If you're not getting one then you can easily make more than double what we make. That's why it's hard to compare your plan to ours.

This is a private plan if you were to end coverage with Fedex and go out on your own. This isn't a plan that I am currently using.