You're joking right?

Cementups

Box Monkey
I don't know if you guys notice but FEDEX express doesn't drive with the driver's door open no matter how hot. Spoke to the driver one day he says they aren't allowed to, weird...!

Not really weird since the FedEx guy on my area has A/C.

As far as the doors on MY truck. people have asked about the doors I just tell them that "This is my summer truck. When it stars getting chilly they will bring my winter truck back into service."

I had a cust. very upset because I wouldn't come back when his note stated. This is in a very rural area and I clearly marked that I would be back (both boxes) between 10:30-2:00 and 2:00-5:00. His note said he would be home after 5:30. I made another delivery notice on day 2 chekcing the boxes and circling the times to make it clear when I would be there. Next day i get back and there is a note telling me where he works (on te other side of the mountain 15 miles away) and that he would like it delivered there before 5 p.m. I leave a note that states that he will get it tomorrow then by the driver on that route. Driver on that route tells me the next day how livid the customer was and that he was really pissed that I wouldn't go out of my way to deliver his new rifle when/where it was convenient for him. Oh my bad, I forgot that I should put my other 130 customers on teh back burner just for him. He'll get over it.

sx2700

Banned
LOL

or when you hand them the DIAD to sign and they immediately turn it over because they think it is upside down.

Well.....If you'd never signed one before wouldn't you think it was upside down? I only say this because I work part time at UPS and I didn't know that until I had to sign one at my full time job, I turned it around too.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Well.....If you'd never signed one before wouldn't you think it was upside down? I only say this because I work part time at UPS and I didn't know that until I had to sign one at my full time job, I turned it around too.

Which means the driver probably laughed about you on his way back to the pkg car.

overallowed

I have a fleabag mobile home park on my route. It is probably at least 90% spanish speaking Mexicans (probably illegals). Since they don't have credit cards, I have a lot of COD's there. When the bi-lingual delivery notices started coming out, I grabbed a large amount of the english only DN's, figuring I could do my part to help them learn english. One of them called in a complaint saying that because of the high percentage of spanish speaking customers in here, they should have a spanish speaking driver. We all had a good laugh over that. We're still in America, aren't we?

sx2700

Banned
Yeah, I think I'm outta here too. This board is getting ridiculous. Nobody can post anything without getting flamed or insulted.

But Benefits Are Great!

Just Words On A Screen
Rule number 463, on page 2, 267 of the "how to live life" handbook, and I quote;

"Your job is a means to obtain money. Money is a tool to provide for family. Your job does not define who you are, it is not who you are. Forget this, and you will be one unhappy person."

Another thread here had some guy saying "I'm not gonna pre-load, sweep the floors, it's degrading". I say this with as much tact as possible - what a maroon.

I don't give a damn if I clean toilets, as long as the pay is there to support my family. When I become a driver, and I will, you can call me a delivery boy, a truck driver, an errand boy, I could not care less, just keep the paycheck coming.

Man, I got a job, I'm working. That is better than what a lot of loafers can say.

My LEAST favorite question I hear from people I just meet? "So, what do you do?" I always answer that I am a veterinary neurosurgeon, with a specialty in Parrots.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Love it when people want to know how to erase their signature on the DIAD. Once I told a regular customer that I knew well to shake it like an Etch-a-Sketch which she did in front of several of her coworkers. Much to their delight. Got some big laughs.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I have a fleabag mobile home park on my route. It is probably at least 90% spanish speaking Mexicans (probably illegals). Since they don't have credit cards, I have a lot of COD's there. When the bi-lingual delivery notices started coming out, I grabbed a large amount of the english only DN's, figuring I could do my part to help them learn english. One of them called in a complaint saying that because of the high percentage of spanish speaking customers in here, they should have a spanish speaking driver. We all had a good laugh over that. We're still in America, aren't we?
I would be willing to bet that most of those Mexicans are here to do the work that a lot of white people are too lazy to do.
I deliver to some low-income apartments and I have made an observation. The Hispanic homes I deliver to are clean and the men are never home during the day, probably becuse they are out busting their ass in a field somewhere. Its always the women who come to the door, and on COD's they have a money order ready to go.
When I deliver to a white home...half the time it is a guy who answers the door. He is still in his pajama pants at 1:00 in the afternoon. He frequently has a cigarette and a beer in his hand, and hasnt shaved for a couple days. House is a mess, kids are running around screaming, and wife/girlfriend is probably waiting tables while this loser is sitting around collecting an unemployment/comp/disability check. If I have a COD for a place like this, it is always 2 or 3 days before he manages to come up with the money to pay for it.
If this offends anybody, too bad. I call it like I see it. The hardest work I ever did in my life was not UPS, it was picking strawberries and cucumbers during the summer when I was a teenager. I was doing it for school clothes money, not to survive.
I am glad we have bilingual delivery notices. They help me do my job better.

Forty6and2

I'm Broken
Love it when people want to know how to erase their signature on the DIAD. Once I told a regular customer that I knew well to shake it like an Etch-a-Sketch which she did in front of several of her coworkers. Much to their delight. Got some big laughs.

thats hillarious. i think i'm going to steal that one from you.

looper804

Is it time to go home yet
I would be willing to bet that most of those Mexicans are here to do the work that a lot of white people are too lazy to do.
I deliver to some low-income apartments and I have made an observation. The Hispanic homes I deliver to are clean and the men are never home during the day, probably becuse they are out busting their ass in a field somewhere. Its always the women who come to the door, and on COD's they have a money order ready to go.
When I deliver to a white home...half the time it is a guy who answers the door. He is still in his pajama pants at 1:00 in the afternoon. He frequently has a cigarette and a beer in his hand, and hasnt shaved for a couple days. House is a mess, kids are running around screaming, and wife/girlfriend is probably waiting tables while this loser is sitting around collecting an unemployment/comp/disability check. If I have a COD for a place like this, it is always 2 or 3 days before he manages to come up with the money to pay for it.
If this offends anybody, too bad. I call it like I see it. The hardest work I ever did in my life was not UPS, it was picking strawberries and cucumbers during the summer when I was a teenager. I was doing it for school clothes money, not to survive.
I am glad we have bilingual delivery notices. They help me do my job better.
Look at what you are saying.1st you say they are doing jobs white(i'm guessing you mean all American's here) people are too lazy to do.Later you say when you were a teenager you worked in the fields.Do me a favor and go back to those fields tomorrow and let me know how many American teenagers are working there.Will most likely be zero because the illegals have taken their jobs.How would you have felt if when you were a teenager you couldn't get that job? It wouldn't be because you are lazy right? By the way you are a legal citizen aren't you?