You're joking right?

browndevil

Nice post Soberups! Could not have said it better myself. I can't understand why some of the posts are negative regarding Mexicans working here either legal or illegally. Who is paying them? Most likely white owned businessess, paying them under the table tax free

overallowed

You know a different class of Mexicans than I do. Many, not all of them are like the white homes you describe. They are here to use this country for all they can. They do not contribute to the economy, or be productive citizens. They are here to work and send the money home. I take exception with your opinion that they do the work that white people are too lazy to do. They will work for a wage that is less than what most people will. I knew a guy that for years was able to earn a living installing sheet rock in new homes and doing remodels. He was priced out of his livelihood by cheap Mexican labor. His downfall was that he wanted to save enough to retire someday, pay for medical insurance for himself and his family, and plain old just live the American dream (like us upsers do). Cheap labor provided by illegal aliens is a huge problem. They don't care if they work till the day they die. Medical insurance??? You gotta be kidding. They can go to the emergency room and get free treatment (paid for by you and I via Central States and other insurance programs). As far as I am concerned, they are not welcome here any more than I would be if I moved to Mexico (fat chance). They need to be sent home. NOW.

There are many problems and situations to conceder when you start tackling the illegal immigrant subject.
I'm not sure this forum is the proper place for that. But whatever.

bellesotico

BOXstar
Love it when people want to know how to erase their signature on the DIAD. Once I told a regular customer that I knew well to shake it like an Etch-a-Sketch which she did in front of several of her coworkers. Much to their delight. Got some big laughs.

That is hilarious!! I've gotta remember that one!:laughing:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Love it when people want to know how to erase their signature on the DIAD. Once I told a regular customer that I knew well to shake it like an Etch-a-Sketch which she did in front of several of her coworkers. Much to their delight. Got some big laughs.

I used that line once but then felt really old when the receptionist asked, "What's an Etch-A-Sketch?"

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
As far as I am concerned, they are not welcome here any more than I would be if I moved to Mexico (fat chance). They need to be sent home. NOW.
If you want to send them all home now, fine. Just don't complain when the cost of the vegetables you buy in the store triples. Dont complain when you go to a restraunt and you pay twice as much for your meal. If you want Anglos to do the work for a higher wage, be prepared to pay correspondingly higher prices for the goods and services you buy. We cant have it both ways.
As far as the language issue goes...the original inhabitants of this country did NOT speak english. And the English-speaking settlers who settled and eventually conquered this country spoke a language that would be considered an obsolete dialect of the English we speak today. Societies evolve, languages evolve. Get used to it.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

There are a lot of apple orchards locally and the orchard owners have to import workers from Jamaica because the locals are just too damn lazy to get off their butts and pick apples. They would rather go to Social Services and collect welfare. The Jamaicans think that they have hit the jackpot and send home 80% of their wages each week. BTW, they love to sing while they work and they absolutely love playing the lottery, especially the scratch off tickets. If not for the Jamaicans the price of apples would also soar.

brownman15

had a call tag for a satellite dish. customer said the dish is on the roof and i need a ladder to go remove it. another time had a call tag for blinds to be shipped back and lady said they are hanging up where r your tools.

upsdude

“Hot enough for you?”
Almost, by the way, it’s awfully cold in here. How do you stand it?

“What’s in it”?
Not a clue, but it stopped ticking about 3 minutes ago!

“I want a job with UPS”
We move at a pace you’re not accustomed to.

“How are the roads”
Paved.

“Hey, did you know UPS and Fed Ex are going to merge”?
No comment

“My day is already crappy now you bring all these boxes”
That’s why you’re not allowed to bring your gun to work.

jds4lunch

What the hell is YOUPS??
A few of my favorites:

"Hey! Don't I need to sign something?" as I'm driving away...

I get this one almost every day along with the customer turning the DIAD around to sign the wrong way, or asking which end of the stylus to use. My all-time favorite had to have been the day that I delivered a package and the lady who signed for it realized the dry ice inside had melted. After I had explained that it had been sitting in my truck for the last 3 hours, she asked, "well aren't your trucks refrigerated?" to which I replyed, "only in the winter". The lady being a bit annoyed at this point shot back without missing a beat, "well that doesn't make any sense, shouldn't they be refrigerated in the summer and heated in the winter?"

Here's your sign.......

New Englander

How about "Did you hear FedEx and UPS merged?" Then have to honestly see them act as if they were witty for bringing it up?

I always answer in as smug a tone as possible - "A million times."

Same smug "I don't know I didn't order it." for the other obvious question asked. "What is it?"

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
One time I was at a service plaza stopped for coffee I had a single trailer with a dolly on back..Guy in line at Dunkin Donuts wanted to let me know that I had lost a trailer some where !!!

Forty6and2

I'm Broken
a few years ago (before i went cover driving) i was driver helping for this guy. i met the driver at the scheduled meet point. it was at a gas station on or near his route. some old man said "they keep those trucks running 24 hours a day now?" i said yep and threw open the bulkhead door and put my stuff away.
he obviously thought i was there to replace the driver who he thought had been driving and delivering all night!

Forty6and2

I'm Broken
excuse my poor english. i meant to say "he obviously thought i was there to replace the driver WHOM he thought had been driving and delivering all night.

H

hseofpayne

How about "Did you hear FedEx and UPS merged?" Then have to honestly see them act as if they were witty for bringing it up?

I always answer in as smug a tone as possible - "A million times."

Same smug "I don't know I didn't order it." for the other obvious question asked. "What is it?"

When they ask me "what is it?", I always put one hand on the pkg and the other hand on my forehead and say" it's a shirt.... no its a phone... no its a jacket......!!!!!