Zuck says 22.4s gone next contract

What is your idea for ensuring Sat and Sunday work is done by full time Teamsters?
Well it's not a flex job like they advertised during the last contract.
Everyone that has a half a brain cell knew they was going to use those guys making a lower wage and work the living crap out of them.
They need 9 5 protection and 8-hour guarantees just like the rest of the drivers

Nah
Disagree.
So what's your favorite part, the language that establishes a second tier driver with reduced pay, or the part that changed air driver progression from 2 years to 4 years? Or maybe you gush over the Article 17 Paid for Time language that increased the threshold for penalty pay, so UPS could steal more money from hourlies.

Integrity

Binge Poster
So what's your favorite part, the language that establishes a second tier driver with reduced pay, or the part that changed air driver progression from 2 years to 4 years? Or maybe you gush over the Article 17 Paid for Time language that increased the threshold for penalty pay, so UPS could steal more money from hourlies.
The part that has Full time Teamsters set up to handle the Sat and Sun work that is the result of 7 day delivery operations. Not perfect but in my opinion it was critical for it to be a full time job.

Nah
The part that has Full time Teamsters set up to handle the Sat and Sun work that is the result of 7 day delivery operations. Not perfect but in my opinion it was critical for it to be a full time job.
Why? Did it have to be full-time? Isn't it good enough to have the work done by Teamsters?

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
What is your idea for ensuring Sat and Sunday work is done by full time Teamsters?

You don’t set up a classification that is guaranteed to be paid on average 5 dollars less after a four year progression than the rest of the package cars drivers doing the same work.

A lot of people thought that these 22.4 positions would be similar to the (bid ) 22.3s. They are bid on a sign up sheet inside the building, most of these 22.4s are hired off the street. The general thought presented by the Union at the time that they would work inside (preload) (driving). That went out the window quickly.

They could of easily covered a 7 day operation with RPCD’s just bid the new routes by seniority.
There was no reason to create a two tier full time package car position, it was a concession plain and simple, and a vast number of us who voted saw through the propaganda.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Full time Teamsters contribute to the full time pension.

No. In my opinion and the opinion of my Executive Board a part-time solution was unacceptable.

Full timers and part timers both contribute only to Teamster controlled “Monetary Contribution Pension Plans” like the Western.

Integrity

Binge Poster
You don’t set up a classification that is guaranteed to be paid on average 5 dollars less after a four year progression than the rest of the package cars drivers doing the same work.

A lot of people thought that these 22.4 positions would be similar to the (bid ) 22.3s. They are bid on a sign up sheet inside the building, most of these 22.4s are hired off the street. The general thought presented by the Union at the time that they would work inside (preload) (driving). That went out the window quickly.

They could of easily covered a 7 day operation with RPCD’s just bid the new routes by seniority.
There was no reason to create a two tier full time package car position, it was a concession plain and simple, and a vast number of us who voted saw through the propaganda.
I obviously bought the propaganda.