1 in 4 women have abortions? Wow.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Believe and receive God’s love.
Unfortunately, that's not what Jesus says to be his friend.
“If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love” (John 15:10). “You are My friends if you do whatever I command you” (verse 14).
Never said it was. You mentioned a quotation I didn’t.
So John 3:16 is or isn't religious tradition?
If it is , what makes John 15:10,14 religious tradition?
My belief is that Bible is part of religious tradition,
How do you decide which part is and isn't.
I love and find aspects of religion useful but not even close to the Holy Spirit personal illumination of religion and religious traditions.
So you have nothing to offer from religion tradition (Bible) that would offer an example or verse how or what this "Holy Spirit illumination is?"
You limit God by saying He limits himself to the Bible, I am not able to do that.
I know you don’t believe God is much bigger and more personal than what the Bible offers you but I do. My experience and observations in my life confirm that.
This part of your comment is blow and projection.

Integrity

Binge Poster
“If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love” (John 15:10). “You are My friends if you do whatever I command you” (verse 14).

So you have nothing to offer from religion tradition (Bible) that would offer an example or verse how or what this "Holy Spirit illumination is?"

Again. I believe in the 2 commandment and desire to follow them every moment of my life.
God’s love for the world isn’t.

Bible verses are part of religious tradition.

God speaks through it, it is not God speaking.
Look it up.
Been there done that.
Research it if you want.
Deflect,
You have no answer but the Bible.

El Correcto

god is dead
You limit God by saying He limits himself to the Bible, I am not able to do that.
This is a wonderful point for a Christian to make. Limiting your beliefs of god to a book that was written thousands of years ago by people in completely societies that would be unrecognizable to most of humanity today is dumb. Defending people that do this as if it is just their opinion is where we differ. There is a lot of the Bible that is 100% just factually incorrect statements about reality and has been proven to be misunderstandings of modern people interpreting the works and beliefs of ancient peoples.

Integrity

Binge Poster
So all bible verses are religious tradition. Yes or No?
You reject that the 27 books/letters are a result of a translation from the words the Holy Spirit directed the Apostles to write? Yes or No?
So all bible verses are religious tradition. Yes or No?
Yes. The Bible is a collection of manuscripts that form Judeo-Christian written religious tradition.

You reject that the 27 books/letters are a result of a translation from the words the Holy Spirit directed the Apostles to write?
Yes and no.

I love the Bible and I find it useful.

Integrity

Binge Poster
This is a wonderful point for a Christian to make. Limiting your beliefs of god to a book that was written thousands of years ago by people in completely societies that would be unrecognizable to most of humanity today is dumb. Defending people that do this as if it is just their opinion is where we differ. There is a lot of the Bible that is 100% just factually incorrect statements about reality and has been proven to be misunderstandings of modern people interpreting the works and beliefs of ancient peoples.
Some mental health professionals view absolutistic thinking about the Bible as being a cognitive dusorder. I think I posted a link to this info in the past.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"

Integrity

Binge Poster
Just the ones that answer your unscriptural views.
I'll answer with the Bible every time. My "feelings have nothing to do with it.

Talk about pick and choose..lpl
You are without hope.
Just the ones that answer your unscriptural views.
I'll answer with the Bible every time. My "feelings have nothing to do with it.
Your experience seems to have very little to do with it as well. Have you even personally encountered Jesus apart from reading about Him in written religious tradition?
Talk about pick and choose..lpl
You are without hope.
My hope is in the person of Jesus only.

vantexan

Yes. The Bible is a collection of manuscripts that form Judeo-Christian written religious tradition.

Yes and no.

I love the Bible and I find it useful.
Yet you describe the chosen apostles of Jesus as just fallible men. If they write something you disagree with then they aren't directed by the Holy Spirit. But you are and communicate with the Holy Spirit on a regular basis. So you know better on some subjects than the Apostles. It's a precarious position for one claiming to be a Christian to take.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Your experience seems to have very little to do with it as well. Have you even personally encountered Jesus apart from reading about Him in written religious tradition?

My hope is in the person of Jesus only.
That religious tradition you speak of is the only way anyone can personally know Jesus. All the stuff you spout is made up blow,

Integrity

Binge Poster
Yet you describe the chosen apostles of Jesus as just fallible men. If they write something you disagree with then they aren't directed by the Holy Spirit. But you are and communicate with the Holy Spirit on a regular basis. So you know better on some subjects than the Apostles. It's a precarious position for one claiming to be a Christian to take.
Yet you describe the chosen apostles of Jesus as just fallible men.
Yes.
If they write something you disagree with then they aren't directed by the Holy Spirit.
Mistaken on some accounts or just poorly written in areas to lead to misunderstanding.
But you are and communicate with the Holy Spirit on a regular basis.
Yes
So you know better on some subjects than the Apostles.
As the Holy Spirit guide, leads, and illuminates the meaning. J
It's a precarious position for one claiming to be a Christian to take.
So be it.