4 More Years of Stalemate and Brinkmanship

moreluck

golden ticket member
Second Term Curse.

Now why does bhos' want to have a meeting with Mitt Romney ?
Could it be that he wants to make him his new Sec. of Business ?

Also now there is no reason for him to hide all those sealed records , for he will never be running for any elected offices again .
Obama wants to ask Mitt......."how were you going to make 12 million jobs?" Because he has no clue.

If I was Mitt, I'd tell him to take a hike..............

moreluck

golden ticket member
On the schedule of Obamacare's implementation......stuff is added every year and I think the last was 2020. He'll be long gone and sipping pina coladas while it gets heavier & heavier for us.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
So people are upset because the government is stepping in to help insure 30 million uninsured. But those who arre insured through their employer are afraid that the employer will drop coverage. Why does the employer not get the brrunt of the rage? How do they rate a pass on their decision?
Because they are in business to make money, not provide benefits.
If they can pay a 1500.00 fine per employee, and not pay 4800.00 per yr (pulled the numbers out of the air as an example)
why should they be blamed, it is a business decision, a lucrative one at that.

klein

Für Meno :)
Because they are in business to make money, not provide benefits.
If they can pay a 1500.00 fine per employee, and not pay 4800.00 per yr (pulled the numbers out of the air as an example)
why should they be blamed, it is a business decision, a lucrative one at that.

I don't think you answered the question !

Why would they drop the healthcare plan ?
They provided them sofar all along !

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

With logic like that it is not surprising that you jump from job to job.

If it cost me $5K per employee to offer insurance and I can opt to pay a fine of $2K/employee if I choose to discontinue the insurance, which would give me a profit of $3K/employee, why in the world would I continue offering insurance?

klein

If it cost me $5K per employee to offer insurance and I can opt to pay a fine of $2K/employee if I choose to discontinue the insurance, which would give me a profit of $3K/employee, why in the world would I continue offering insurance?

So, you're saying UPS will drop insurance, even though they would pay a fine now, that they never needed to pay before Obamacare ?

M

MenInBrown

Because the premiums are skyrocketing and they can drop it all together...its a business decision.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

So, you're saying UPS will drop insurance, even though they would pay a fine now, that they never needed to pay before Obamacare ?

I never said that. What I said is that it may be in the best interest of an employer from a purely financial perspective to stop offeriing insurance and pay the fine.

Do I think UPS would ever drop our insurance? No but the days of free insurance may be coming to an end.

M

MenInBrown

You can go right on youtube and see for yourself, right out of Obamas mouth, what Obamacare would do to employer insurance. He wants to eliminate private insurance companies, and Obamacare would faze out employer benefits. Actually I posted a thread a while back with that very video.

M

MenInBrown

I never said that. What I said is that it may be in the best interest of an employer from a purely financial perspective to stop offeriing insurance and pay the fine.

Do I think UPS would ever drop our insurance? No but the days of free insurance may be coming to an end.

You mean free insurance is just beginning? (Obamacare) I work for my beneifts.

klein

Sorry, but I do not lose access to a doctor, nor does any other Canadain or 198 other countries worldwide if we switch jobs or even become self employed or unemployed.
It's called National Healthcare !

klein

National Healthcare----taking care of those who are either unable to or are too lazy to get off their ass and take care of themselves.

Nope, EVERYONE pays into it !
As it is known in Canada "Single Payer Healthcare".

By higher taxes, National Sales and provincial taxes on all goods and services, higher taxes on healthcare related "bad goods" such as tabacco and alcohol.
And even by gambling revenue.

Canada had the US style private insurance and per profit system until the mid 60's, and realized it couldn't go on like that.
As a country we are spending almost half as much as the US now, compared to the 60's when our healthcare spending was on a GDP basis just as high as yours.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Vegas Employer: Obama Won–So I Fired 22 Employees

I have to be proactive. I had to lay off 22 people today to make sure that my business is gonna thrive and I’m gonna be around for years to come. I have to build up that nest egg now for the taxes and regulations that are coming my way. Elections do have consequences, but so do choices. A choice you make every day has consequences and you know what, I’ve always put my employees first, but unfortunately today I have to put me and my family first, and you watch what’s gonna happen. I’m just one guy with 114 employees — well was 114 employees — watch what happens in the next six months.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Why don't you enlighten us since you were so spot on with your election predictions?
This is what a spot on prediction looks like:

jbny4pRX8.jpeg

Hard to believe Unskewed Polls got it so wrong...