4 year progression

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Mrs. Cold doesn't mind the stubble look until I'm kissing her then she's complaining about scratching her.....then you should hear what she says when I'm trying to kiss anywhere near her face..she's soooo....great!
Time to buy her a pair of assless chaps.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
if you have to wait 10 or 15 years to even start full time why would you wait around? honest question

The folks in my hub with 12-15 years were told -- by an HR rep upon being hired -- that the wait to go FT would be "around 8 years." The folks with 8-10 years were told "around 10 years."

tejano408

I'm waiting for my feeders class to begin. It was originally scheduled for May 31st, which would have put me under the current contract and in the 3yr progression. Now all of a sudden, there's a "shortage" of trainers and my class has been pushed back to July 19th, when I will go under the new contract and 4 year progression.... As Piedmont stated, I feel like I'm getting a little screwed... though after 13yrs part-time, I'll take whatever just to get out of the damn building.

BTW Piedmont, you're in 391 I assume?
Let Me Get This Right You Can Go From Part Timer Straight To Feeder Damn I Need To Be In Your Hub Our Feeder List Takes A While

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Can you imagine the reaction when they add another year to the progression and lower the top out to $25/hr in 2018?
Wow...you just won't shut up about this.....what is your total fascination about it? I think people are seriously concerned about your mental state..no joke.

pharacyde

Let Me Get This Right You Can Go From Part Timer Straight To Feeder Damn I Need To Be In Your Hub Our Feeder List Takes A While

Yup. Though from the way it seems, its easier to get on feeders here than it is package car. I've seen 3 package car bid lists in the time I've been here. This is the 2nd for feeders. I've only seen 1 combo job posting. I've signed them all. Feeders is the first one I've gotten called up for.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
What's gonna happen is management will say "hey part time cover-next wk you are running this route. They run it for 2 11 hr days. Then they say they need them on another. For another 2 11hr days. There is no grievance to be filed

stink219

What's gonna happen is management will say "hey part time cover-next wk you are running this route. They run it for 2 11 hr days. Then they say they need them on another. For another 2 11hr days. There is no grievance to be filed

Nature of grievance:
Pursuant to Article 37 Section 1 Paragraph (c) of the the collective bargaining agreement between the IBT and UPS, the employee was initially assigned to cover a route for a full week but was prevented from completing that assignment due to reassignment by the Employer.

Remedy to be desired:
(1) To grant the grievant triple time pay for all hours worked in excess of 9.5 hours per day for the week of the infraction. (2) To have the employees work day reduced below 9.5 hours per day. (3) Make grievant whole.