9.5 throughout Peak!!

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by YoungDriver84, Nov 16, 2008.

1. YoungDriver84

YoungDriver84 New Member

I was told by management that they are going to enforce the 9.5 rule all the way through peak season. Has anyone else been told this?
  2. Fnix

Fnix Active Member

Does 9.5 mean you can only work from 9-5 or 9.5 hours?
  3. dilligaf

dilligaf IN VINO VERITAS

No, have not heard that.

BLACKBOX Life is a Highway...

Yeah! 9 to 5 I could dig that!
  5. BigBrownSanta

BigBrownSanta New Member

I believe what they meant was that they were going to enforce the no one under 9.5 rule. Get ready for alot of 12 hour days.:wink2:
  6. upsdude

upsdude Well-Known Member

LMAO at your signature!
  7. upsdude

We did that last year, same manager says that will be the goal this year as well.

Peak 07 was probably the easiest I’ve experienced in my 22 years.
  8. BigBrownSanta

BigBrownSanta New Member

9. upsdude

10. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

11. rocket man

rocket man Well-Known Member

DO your job no missed no late airs do your lunch 9 5 dont mean nothing do it right safe thats what counts. have a good holiday.
  12. Deion68

Deion68 deion68

We were told the samething this week at a PCM. Also all drivers now that have helpers, NO Questions asked must be under 9.5...
  13. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

I don't see that happening at my center. I had 3-10+ hour days last week and all the routes are not in yet and helpers have not started....

Last year, I consistently punched out at 1930 (start at 825).

14. JustTired

JustTired free at last.......

If they want everybody in before or at 9.5 they would have to dispatch at an 8-8.5 day. I don't see that happening. My guess is that they know it's not going to happen. But by telling everyone that they need to call if they're not going to make it puts the burden on the driver. It's the usual attempt to get the drivers to skip lunch and breaks, take potentially dangerous shortcuts and otherwise pull a rabbit out of their hat. I suppose there is a small percentage that attempt the nearly impossible. Enough anyway that it's worth their effort each year to try it. JMO
  15. trplnkl

trplnkl 555

They don't enforce the "no one over 9.5" rule any time of the year here.
    Well, they od try telling us that no one is to work over 9.5, but then they give you 11 hours of work to do.
  16. Sleeve_meet_Heart

Sleeve_meet_Heart making the unreadable unreadabler

Since when does UPS enforce anything that does not benefit them and them only?
  17. But Benefits Are Great!

But Benefits Are Great! Just Words On A Screen

It's pretty hard to break the laws of physics, no matter how much the SUPS complain.
  18. jw55wags

jw55wags New Member

I was told today that our helpers won't start till the first week in dec.
  19. Bad Gas!

Bad Gas! Active Member

I've heard this for the last several years...but when the last 2 peak weeks get here and the volume jumps...you will hear "don't bring anything back without an attempt"......no rollovers....So, we will have to see it to believe it..
  20. mattwtrs

mattwtrs Retired Senior Member

Helpers started in my old center over a week ago, trips are down but drivers are being used as helpers if they want. My wife said the driver that delivers to her office was training a new hire helper off the street today.

Maybe the Teamsters & Company have agreed to not use helpers until December in your area.