wayfair

swollen member
The real tag for this thread should be "9.5 :censored2: Draggers". My center is full of 9.5 drivers who barely have 8hr days but still are out over 10. Subsequently any and all not on the list have been forced to work late and help. Which then has forced us onto the list. So my question is now what are those :censored2: Draggers gonna do? Funny thing is now with vacations and sick calls(10 yesterday, 9 the day before), our center is a giant mess. Word is this has finally forced management to go after drivers not doing their job. Before you start about how that's their numbers, put a sock in it. We all know who's lazy and not doing their jobs. So here's an idea, let's pull our heads out and stop pretending that Johnny-3hr over-McGee is being wronged. Johnny can get a job somewhere else cause the Johnny's don't deserve this job in the first place.

Sounds like you have ORION in your building.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
There's more to it than that, add in the cost of a vehicle and the maintenance and fuel that goes along with it, pension benefits, workers comp premiums, unemployment insurance, more preloaders needed to load the more trucks, etc etc etc.
It's not even close that it's way more cost effective to go with less drivers.
This is somewhat incorrect. When there are "cut routes", the same preloaders then most add/cut all of the packages, change the labels with crayon and then re-sort or recycle. The time taken is actually more than if they had just kept the few cut cars. Instead of 4 cars, a preloader might be cut back to 3. But it's not the difference of another body.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Why won't the Union crack down ASAP on the 9.5 issue? How many times do we have to file? I'd hate to see a bunch of drivers go down right before peak due to excessive repetitive motion injuries.
Your going to see the repetitive motion injuries anyway regardless of the time of the year or the amount of hours a driver works, its inevitable really. This job isn't a 25 to 30 year job anymore more like a 15 to 20 year job if your lucky if you started driving after the year 2000 -2010, and if you started driving after those years, NO WAY IN HELL YOU MAKE IT 25 TO 30 YEARS without being crippled or having multiple joint replacement surgery or your back going out. Your body isn't designed to do this job everyday, kind of like if you run 5 to 10 miles a day for years, guess what eventually something is going to wear out. And don't think UPS doesn't know this, that's their MO, just in case some of you aren't smart enough to figure out whats really going on, they don't want you to make it to retirement, they would rather you go out on disability and not make it to full retirement, cheaper for them in the end and they don't think youll have the balls or resources to take them to court and actually defeat them. That's how they think, THAT THEIR HIGHER THAN GOD AND CANT BE DEFEATED. That's why if you ever have to take them to court, you better EINSTEIN it and google lawyers who have won lawsuits against UPS, because that's the only way your going to win instead of some local SCHMUCK lawyer that you have or know represent you, and heres the most important part if you ever take them to court, YOU HAVE TO HAVE OTHER DRIVERS SUBPOENED TO TESTIFY, and if they do testify they are automatically thrown in the lawsuit for their protection from retaliation from the company. So heres another important tidbit also, if you ever get hurt on the job and you come back to work, you never ever ever take a settlement check for that injury because if you ever reinjure that body part you wont be able to get paid for that injury again since you were an idiot and took a settlement for it once already. So if you ever do get hurt on the job, take your time and be smart and do your diligent homework because your going to need it to defeat these idiots lol.

Browndriver5

No.

How many times do we need to go over this.
Your going to see the repetitive motion injuries anyway regardless of the time of the year or the amount of hours a driver works, its inevitable really. This job isn't a 25 to 30 year job anymore more like a 15 to 20 year job if your lucky if you started driving after the year 2000 -2010, and if you started driving after those years, NO WAY IN HELL YOU MAKE IT 25 TO 30 YEARS without being crippled or having multiple joint replacement surgery or your back going out. Your body isn't designed to do this job everyday, kind of like if you run 5 to 10 miles a day for years, guess what eventually something is going to wear out. And don't think UPS doesn't know this, that's their MO, just in case some of you aren't smart enough to figure out whats really going on, they don't want you to make it to retirement, they would rather you go out on disability and not make it to full retirement, cheaper for them in the end and they don't think youll have the balls or resources to take them to court and actually defeat them. That's how they think, THAT THEIR HIGHER THAN GOD AND CANT BE DEFEATED. That's why if you ever have to take them to court, you better EINSTEIN it and google lawyers who have won lawsuits against UPS, because that's the only way your going to win instead of some local SCHMUCK lawyer that you have or know represent you, and heres the most important part if you ever take them to court, YOU HAVE TO HAVE OTHER DRIVERS SUBPOENED TO TESTIFY, and if they do testify they are automatically thrown in the lawsuit for their protection from retaliation from the company. So heres another important tidbit also, if you ever get hurt on the job and you come back to work, you never ever ever take a settlement check for that injury because if you ever reinjure that body part you wont be able to get paid for that injury again since you were an idiot and took a settlement for it once already. So if you ever do get hurt on the job, take your time and be smart and do your diligent homework because your going to need it to defeat these idiots lol.

That's why I'm going to feeders whenever possible. I could do that for the rest of my life lol

DOK

This is somewhat incorrect. When there are "cut routes", the same preloaders then most add/cut all of the packages, change the labels with crayon and then re-sort or recycle. The time taken is actually more than if they had just kept the few cut cars. Instead of 4 cars, a preloader might be cut back to 3. But it's not the difference of another body.

But I'm saying if they added enough rtes to give everyone 8.5 hours the added cost is significant. Cheaper to pay the 9.5 grievances.
I'd like to see in the next contract all time worked over 9.5 hours is paid at double time, period. No 9.5 list, no grievances to file and follow up on. I think it's coming.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
The real tag for this thread should be "9.5 :censored2: Draggers". My center is full of 9.5 drivers who barely have 8hr days but still are out over 10. Subsequently any and all not on the list have been forced to work late and help. Which then has forced us onto the list. So my question is now what are those :censored2: Draggers gonna do? Funny thing is now with vacations and sick calls(10 yesterday, 9 the day before), our center is a giant mess. Word is this has finally forced management to go after drivers not doing their job. Before you start about how that's their numbers, put a sock in it. We all know who's lazy and not doing their jobs. So here's an idea, let's pull our heads out and stop pretending that Johnny-3hr over-McGee is being wronged. Johnny can get a job somewhere else cause the Johnny's don't deserve this job in the first place.
Keep runnin and gunnin
Maybe you will figure out how to play the game one day or maybe not

Overpaid Union Thug

This is exactly why we need a "What to do when injured" sticky and a "How I take on UPS in court" sticky.

Foamer Pyle

Why don't just do your time it is part of your job.
Because not everyone wants to spend their entire life at work. Some people have families, and would like to eat dinner with them instead of getting home just in time to tuck their kids in bed. This forced excessive overtime isn't worth $200 dollars an hour to me. My family time is worth more money than they can pay. You can't buy back time fool.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
But I'm saying if they added enough rtes to give everyone 8.5 hours the added cost is significant. Cheaper to pay the 9.5 grievances.
I'd like to see in the next contract all time worked over 9.5 hours is paid at double time, period. No 9.5 list, no grievances to file and follow up on. I think it's coming.
Great idea I LIKEY LIKEY lol

Northbaypkg

20 NDA stops daily

Totally agree here. There are folks who are just straight up abusing this 9.5 thing which makes it unfair to both the folks who aren't on it and the folks on it who actually want be off on time and not moving at a snail's pace.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
Keep runnin and gunnin
Maybe you will figure out how to play the game one day or maybe not
Going on 20 years, problem is I don't see my job as a game. Perhaps for those drivers that do, they are in the wrong business. I don't run nor do I walk but what I do is work. Yes my center has Orion and have had it for over a year but these :censored2: Draggers existed before that. Bottom line is that these bad apples seem to be manipulating things into their favor, but their day will come soon enough.

By The Book

Going on 20 years, problem is I don't see my job as a game. Perhaps for those drivers that do, they are in the wrong business. I don't run nor do I walk but what I do is work. Yes my center has Orion and have had it for over a year but these :censored2: Draggers existed before that. Bottom line is that these bad apples seem to be manipulating things into their favor, but their day will come soon enough.
You will only become more frustrated and stressed out worrying about who does what, and how slow or fast they do it. It's not the drivers in your centers fault that they are on the 9.5 list. Does this affect the drivers who aren't on the 9.5 list, yes. Did these drivers on the 9.5 list force the other drivers to get on the 9.5 list, no. It's a choice you have taken, but don't blame another driver for using the contract to his/her advantage, that's their right.

Jordan8021

Because not everyone wants to spend their entire life at work. Some people have families, and would like to eat dinner with them instead of getting home just in time to tuck their kids in bed. This forced excessive overtime isn't worth $200 dollars an hour to me. My family time is worth more money than they can pay. You can't buy back time fool.
Then quit..Nobody is forcing you to do the damn job

BostonBo

Having the right to work less than 9.5 was negotiated in our contract, and UPS isn't honoring the spirit of that agreement. My dispatcher knows how many stops I need to be at 9.5, and I don't want, need, or deserve 1 more stop than that except during peak. I don't care how productive my coworkers are. If they don't scratch, it's either them or UPS has bad numbers on that route. Not my problem. I don't need 10 to 40 percent extra dispatch nearly every day. I am not a machine.

DOK

Having the right to work less than 9.5 was negotiated in our contract, and UPS isn't honoring the spirit of that agreement. My dispatcher knows how many stops I need to be at 9.5, and I don't want, need, or deserve 1 more stop than that except during peak. I don't care how productive my coworkers are. If they don't scratch, it's either them or UPS has bad numbers on that route. Not my problem. I don't need 10 to 40 percent extra dispatch nearly every day. I am not a machine.
I work there, I figure they have me daily until 7pm, I don't make plans during the week. My kids are grown though, when they were younger I did get done by 5pm or so, now it doesn't bother me working late.

Foamer Pyle

Jordan8021 is a management troll. Anyone with any tenure at UPS doesn't want to be forced to work 10 to 12 hours a day. UPS would love to see more drivers quit, but what we need is real language in the next contract to make this company pay for excessive overtime, without having to file. Anything over 9.5 double time, and then triple pay after 10 hours.