advice needed!!!

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by rich01987, Nov 18, 2013.

1. rich01987

rich01987 New Member

So i have been preloading for 2yrs now and i transferref to a brandnew building same local in hopes of landing a full time driver spot i do saturday airs and management keeps telling me they will have a slot for me soon been in the new building for 4 months now and the same things are being said.. I know i have to wait till after peak to be put on the full time driver list.. Do i stay and wait or do i go back to my old building if i can?
  2. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 mouth breathers...everywhere

Can you transfer back to your old building after only four months? I'm not sure if you can. I'd ride it out till after peak and see what happens.
  3. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

I am pretty sure you will have to wait at least a year before you can transfer again.
  4. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 mouth breathers...everywhere

Yup, I was gonna say a year but I think it depends on your mine I believe it's 6 months.
  5. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

Holy no patience, bat person.

You waited 2 years and that was too long, so you moved to another building and a couple of months is too long????

I am thinking that you need to take a chill pill.
  6. jumpman23

jumpman23 Oh Yeah

7. Funfact

Funfact Well-Known Member

You better check to see if those 2 building are covered under the same seniority list first. In my local there are 3 buildings and one FT seniority list for all 3 buildings. If they let you transfer not be a education transfer I would say that they might be on the same seniority list.

Also management can tell you anything it all comes down to if you have enough seniority and a clean driving record when they post a position.