Anyone else see the message from Sean O'brien?

Rack em

Made the Podium
Signing up for a union gig and not being prepared to strike is like signing up for the Army and not being prepared to deploy. You knew what you were getting yourself into. After reading this thread I'm starting to hope we do strike. It'll get rid of some cowering weaklings, and it'll be the only way I'll get time off in August anytime in the next decade.
I would never hope for a strike, but I agree with what you're saying.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I would never hope for a strike, but I agree with what you're saying.

Just get tired of the grasshoppers' attitudes (aesop's fable, for those who didn't catch the reference). "I'm not prepared for a strike so I'm going to whine and try to get everyone else to take a crappy deal so I don't have to face the consequences of my poor decisions."

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Signing up for a union gig and not being prepared to strike is like signing up for the Army and not being prepared to deploy. You knew what you were getting yourself into. After reading this thread I'm starting to hope we do strike. It'll get rid of some cowering weaklings, and it'll be the only way I'll get time off in August anytime in the next decade.

I did not "sign on" to UPS to fulfill a lifelong dream of being a Teamster; to be honest, I had no idea of the union side of the operation before being hired.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
A lot of people can say the same thing. Even years later most still do not understand their contractual rights.

Whose fault is that ?

"You can lead a Teamster to knowledge.... But, you can't make them think."

Could be because of contract interpretations and under the table deals those rights change from year to year.

That's a broad based assumption.

Can you (or anyone) cite specific examples ?

-Bug-

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
That's a broad based assumption.

Can you (or anyone) cite specific examples ?
Yes

Article XII, Section 6 of the IBT Constitution

The General Executive Board is empowered to amend, delete, or add to this Article if at any time it believes such action will be in the interests of the International Union or its subordinate bodies.

Article 15 of the Central Region Supplement

Section 1
A regular seniority employee shall not be required to work on the following eight (8) named holidays-New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, day after Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year’s Eve-regardless of the day of the week on which the named holiday falls, provided they comply with the qualifications set forth hereinafter.

~Bbbl~™

Last edited:

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I just haven’t seen any proof of it, most of us are near or at 40 after 4 days, 6th day lunch is double time, 2 days of overtime isn’t profitable.

I thought I read something about them trying to going to 4 tens without ot after 8. The fact that OT isn't as profitable hasn't stopped them from dishing it out though.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Careful what you wish for Cowboy

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
15 of the Central Region Supplement

Section 1
A regular seniority employee shall not be required to work on the following eight (8) named holidays-New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, day after Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year’s Eve-regardless of the day of the week on which the named holiday falls, provided they comply with the qualifications set forth hereinafter.

~Bbbl~™

Yawn.

How many decades of precedence ?

Section 4

"Except as otherwise provided in this Agreement, regular seniority employees required to work on any of the above named holidays shall receive double his/her regular hourly rate for all hours worked with a guarantee of eight (8) hours for full-time employees and four (4) hours for part-time employees. Also, no employee shall be required to work on Labor Day unless authorized by the local union."

-Bug-

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Yawn.

How many decades of precedence ?

Section 4

"Except as otherwise provided in this Agreement, regular seniority employees required to work on any of the above named holidays shall receive double his/her regular hourly rate for all hours worked with a guarantee of eight (8) hours for full-time employees and four (4) hours for part-time employees. Also, no employee shall be required to work on Labor Day unless authorized by the local union."

-Bug-
:bsbullf: