Archives

M

mbeups

UPS Sued for Franchise Violations by Coalition of Mail Boxes Etc. Owners

January 21, 2004

Malibu, California national alliance of nearly 200 Mail Boxes Etc. stores, under the auspices of a nonprofit support and advocacy group called the Platinum Shield Association, are now locked in two California lawsuits in Los Angeles Superior Court with parent company United Parcel Service-Mail Boxes Etc.

{deleted by moderator for TOS violation}

Copyright 2004 Entrepreneur, Inc. All rights reserved.

C

cheryl

Gee... there's one of those copyright violations that violate the TOS (Terms of Service)...

Please don't copy and paste text from a copyrighted source. The best thing to do is to summarize in your own words and then post the link. Even clipping a few lines and then posting the link is okay, but if you copy and paste the entire article you are violating copyright laws...

C

capnroxxor

Thanks, Cheryl. I was about to make the same mistake with the same article until I saw your reply to the already-posted article. Noted for future reference.

T

tieguy

Funny how the the guys posting under all the different ID's are the ones that are so worried about who is who on this board.

Capnroxxor since your so concerned about this subject who are you on yahoo?

U

upsdude

Don't know if it means anything but we were told to start an hour early tomorrow, training. Seemed sort of last minute.

I'd think UPS would buy a "Union" company just to keep from facing the inevitable.

L

local804

Not a peep out of anyone here.....The only gossip we heard was a suit and driver both getting the boot. The news was true, sad, but true.

B

brownmonster

I am not T. Giles but I enjoy the way he/she gets under the skin of you MBE types. BM

A

afups

Have been eagerly awaiting a big news item from the Company...but...it seems to me that Thursday next week would be the day it will be announced. That is when the company reports earnings and a big announcement would fit in there much better than this week. We'll see.

Whatever it is, I hope it is a shot in the arm for the stock. Large purchases have a tendency to bring the stock price down. Great earnings and increases in volume could balance things out.

M

mojobuc

I am currently employed at the PM International clerk station. I want to get into the Early AM shift's, any way, any where possible and plan on signing the sheet this evening.
My question is, is it really that bad in the mornings?
I've been told countless horror stories by my co-workers, and can not imagine it being that bad.
I do expect a much heavier workload, be it at a clerk station or unloading feeders, but dam, I am missing my kids growing up by working nights, and I hate it, so ...

Just want to know so I can prepare myself properly if and when it happens.
Thanks.

C

capnroxxor

Cap went home. Board posting is not a full-time job. Thats the beauty of board posting, you can continue a discussion over days and weeks. Why dont you guess, since no one I guessed at was forthcoming. Do your own detective work.

Ok you got me. Im msupsman on Yahoo.

T

tieguy

conference call at noon today.

I can't remember what Brown Cafe ID I was emailed from about a Manager named Mike in PE. Just wanted to let that person know Mike got a promotion and is going to corporate Atlanta. Mikes a good guy , I'm glad to see it happen.

T

toonertoo

That is the best employment area for people with young children, assuming your spouse is home to get them up and off to school. Your day is behind you and you are free for all the afternoon activities with your children, and get to enjoy summers with them. No more missed ball games, school plays or doctor appointments, because of work. Even when you are required to work late, you should still be home in plenty of time for the kids. Evening shift is terrible for parents, you are leaving for work when they get home, and they are going to bed when you get back home. Good Luck

M

muncher

A bit of advise, when it comes to anything at UPS... I WILL BELEIVE IT WHEN I SEE IT!!

S

sweatyguy

Spent a year in feeders unloading and 4 in the sort aisle...Its physically demanding, but it was one of the best time's of my life. I look back on it fondly...

G

gman

People just make stuff up all the time on here. I can remember 25 - 30 years ago people talking about packages being sorted and loaded by computers. Well not by the computers, but organized by them and a total plan day being printed with a "left turn, right turn" directions and a computer that can pin point every driver by sattlelite. And going to other countries like China and Germany, and delivering packages form L.A. to N.Y. over night.
Ya, sure. Like any of that will ever happen.

N

nunya

Yep. Meanwhile packages are delivered from LA to New York overnight for quite a while. Where have you been?

Also, the big super-secret call wasnt all it was cracked up to be, was it?

Oh, isnt it about time to talk about a buyout?

But you are correct about one thing people that know something arent going to disclose it here. Those that do dont know squat.