Asked To Come In On My Personal Day

9.5er

IF you do go in to work. They must pay you time and one half for all hours worked. I recently had a day denied and this was their answer. We shall see tonight when I can view my check.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
My sup is on vacation this week. I just texted him and said "we could use some extra people today"

He replied,you think that is funny?

I said hell yes! you have no problem asking us to come in on vacation!

No reply!...lol

Without fail, every Monday morning at the start of a week where one of the on-car's is on vacation, the other will say "XXXXX is on vacation this week, do not call him/her".

My phone rings no less than once a day when I'm off. I only answer for those that carry a union card though.

The Blackadder

Are you not amused?
In my center if you really need the day you don't ask for it, you just call in sick and take it. If you ask for it all you get is a no and then the day you wanted you are sent out with an extra area.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
My sup is on vacation this week. I just texted him and said "we could use some extra people today"

He replied,you think that is funny?

I said hell yes! you have no problem asking us to come in on vacation!

No reply!...lol
screw-rhythm-i-m-gumby-o.gif

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Don't show up. Friday off? Yeah right.

Sent using BrownCafe App
I was once told by a sup that I would get Friday off. Had a massive party at the house on Thursday night. This sup even attended for awhile. The sun came up before I went to bed.

I didn't get the day off. Lesson learned.

Overpaid Union Thug

One of the biggest problems with seniority rules workplaces is that it is the lower seniority people who have small children and generally need the most flexibility.
That's why, as a senior driver, I try to show a little consideration and keep my personals focused on things really important, not just a day off to drink beer.
As for this OP, if you have received prior approval for this day off stand your ground. That child will only have one day in her life that was their first day of kindergarten. There will always be another day at work.
I wish there were more people with that mindset.

Sent using BrownCafe App