Attendance question....

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
The attendance policy (agreed to by the company & union) varies in its verbiage around the country.

Attendance can be a slippery slope. "Defined" parameters, are dangerous.

Where I am, it works out to 1 occurrence per month.

Here, it used to be 4%.

(Acknowledged.... but, no formal agreement)

1 occurrence, every 30 working days. Late or absence.

Wait until management first comes to you for discipline, and ask for a steward at that time. Also, attendance discipline typically starts with a verbal warning (documented), before getting a warning letter.

Yep.

A lot of white paper contracts (non-UPS) have contractual attendance terms.

Violate them.... and suffer the consequences.

-Bug-

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Do what our guys do, just keep violating until they get pissed. Management threatens to write them up but then they need folks to go home so they put run and gun rookies in those routes. This is why management can't enforce attendance here, it benefits them for people not to show up.

Take the path of least resistance....

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Wtf does coached mean?
C'mon old timer...it means they still get the trophy even though they lost. It means instead of getting your ass kicked by the drill instructor you hold up a stress card, it means instead of getting cussed out for 20 minutes about what a slacker you are, you are told you are an important asset to the company and that you are better than that.

Although, I really wouldn't know what coached is, my mother coached me with the back of her hand and a jar of shatterproof peanut butter (which I don't want to talk about)

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

When I first started I had a senior driver tell me that we were allowed up to 3 "no call, no shows" before they could do anything to us.

I'm sorry, but to me, 1 is too many.

SaladTosser

Kill me now
Sick occasions are different from lay off days. At my old gateway they gave days off to anyone who wanted it. As far as sick occasions go, I heard it was 7 or 8 sick occasions in 9 months before you got fired.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
When I first started I had a senior driver tell me that we were allowed up to 3 "no call, no shows" before they could do anything to us.

I'm sorry, but to me, 1 is too many.
due to the high turnover rate for PT, I'm sure they're a lot more forgiving.

They can't keep many of them.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
Yes
It was a crappy job with even crappier pay when we started....

Yes, but got benefits (and paid holidays) when we made seniority. Now, literally every other part time job I see posted around here (fast food/gas station or convenience store clerk) pays about the same (.15¢ less).

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Yes

Yes, but got benefits (and paid holidays) when we made seniority. Now, literally every other part time job I see posted around here (fast food/gas station or convenience store clerk) pays about the same (.15¢ less).

Those other PT jobs don't pay for college, have contractual raises or offer no cost benefits. The 7-11 near me starts at $12 an hour...it's a pretty easy job (i've worked there) but you get sick, or your kid gets sick and need to see a doctor...that's $100+ just to walk into the office.

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
I've missed 4 days in 9 1/2 years. I don't understand people who can't show up to work regularly.
Well when you spend 60 hours a week at work it's nice to call in sick and do things you can't get done during the week...at least in my center...request a day off and you'll get laughed at