August 1st will be here soon...

Trucker Clock

Get your :censored2:ing head out your ass mate

Mate?

Not even in the US I see. Canada?

if the teamsters go down, the rest will go down aswell.

Sorry, but in order to take the Teamsters down, she will also have to take the Company down and start over.

The stock holders and Board of Directors will not allow her to do this. She is not free to do as she pleases. She had people to answer to.

You don’t do this to a $100 Billion Company making $5 Billion a year. You only do this to a Company already on the verge of collapse.

Not saying that UPS will never try, but there is too much to lose at this time. Sorry Mate, go back to your Country and find a home to crawl back into.

I have NOT been lurking

Degenerate Member
Mate?

Not even in the US I see. Canada?

Sorry, but in order to take the Teamsters down, she will also have to take the Company down and start over.

The stock holders and Board of Directors will not allow her to do this. She is not free to do as she pleases. She had people to answer to.

You don’t do this to a $100 Billion Company making $5 Billion a year. You only do this to a Company already on the verge of collapse.

Not saying that UPS will never try, but there is too much to lose at this time. Sorry Mate, go back to your Country and find a home to crawl back into.
You clearly don't know what her people are capable of

Cowboy Mac

I've never heard that. Where did you read it?
No Contract, No Peace by Robert M Schwartz
5897B36D-0887-47DC-AE50-32AFB0107994.jpeg
7FE6D986-F3D6-4230-A711-0429B3B08356.jpeg

542thruNthru

No Contract, No Peace by Robert M Schwartz
View attachment 425600View attachment 425599
I like Robert M Schwartz stuff.

Though I think we may have a misunderstanding. I don't see where it says anything about "offer scabs any pay or benefits above what the contract entitles them to. To do so is illegal."

Yes it's says "offering pay increases, promotions or other benefits to induce a striker to return to work"

But I believe that to mean the company bribing workers to cross.

Cowboy Mac

Though I think we may have a misunderstanding. I don't see where it says anything about "offer scabs any pay or benefits above what the contract entitles them to. To do so is illegal."

Yes it's says "offering pay increases, promotions or other benefits to induce a striker to return to work"

Isn’t that one type of scab? A worker who crosses the picket line. In this case one who is offered extra pay or benefits to be a scab.

For the company to do this is an Unfair Labor Practice, which is a violation of the National Labor Relations Act. An ILLEGAL action by the company.

Granted that doesn’t mention replacement workers. I know he mentions it at some point in that book but I’m not about to spend half my Sunday looking for it.

Sacrificial Lamb

Package Shepherd
Why in the world would you ever question feeders honoring the strike?
I know most are the ones that have the most seniority with the company, however in my neck of the woods they have been hiring people off the street instead of promoting from within the union which is why in my supplement they’re negotiating for part timers to be able to bid for a feeder job instead of doing 1 year of safe driving in package for a year before being able to land a feeder bid. Also, the mentality of most people now are very shortsighted.
I seriously take offense to this comment.
IMG_1320.jpeg

Cowboy Mac

If your local has sausage wraps and other locals don't, can we strike while being on strike? This just became the single most important issue I've seen. Well, right behind the :censored2:ing vending machines being out of :censored2:ing Cool Ranch Doritos all the time.
Yes our local has a rusty BBQ pit that they bring to the gates. It has become a joke at this point that the only thing that pit can make is sausage wraps.

Sacrificial Lamb

Package Shepherd
For the company to do this is an Unfair Labor Practice, which is a violation of the National Labor Relations Act. An ILLEGAL action by the company.
The do ULP’s all the time and they haven’t done :censored2: in my hub. They’re going to get what’s coming to them come August. I am sick of their pompous, high and mighty attitudes. I am ready.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
However in my neck of the woods they have been hiring people off the street instead of promoting from within the union

There can be reasons for that.

Is there a qualified group.... that are even interested ?

Which is why in my supplement they’re negotiating for part timers to be able to bid for a feeder job instead of doing 1 year of safe driving in package for a year before being able to land a feeder bid.

That's a nice thought. An opportunity, for people to advantage of.

Very few PT people successfully transition from 3.5 hrs a day.... to 12 to 14.

My Local tried it.

Sacrificial Lamb

Package Shepherd
There can be reasons for that.

Is there a qualified group.... that are even interested ?
It wasn’t even my local, it was local 63 that was hiring a lot off the street and my BA was the one that mentioned it. But I know the company isn’t doing their due diligence to keep a steady minimum since they also are not filling up the full time inside positions according to our Secretary Treasurer.
That's a nice thought. An opportunity, for people to advantage of.

Very few PT people successfully transition from 3.5 hrs a day.... to 12 to 14.

My Local tried it.
I’m after a feeder bid. I’ll do package, but goal is feeder and hopefully sleeper. I’ve been telling a lot of hubrats an average on how they make and they’re interested until I tell them about the mandatory drug tests, lol. Like I said in my other post, shortsighted like a mug. Haha.

Trucker Clock

You clearly don't know what her people are capable of

Her "people" only care about the price of the stock and whether or not they make Wall Street's projection for the current quarter.

Her "people" will not burn down UPS just to get rid of the Teamsters. Her "people" will not tank the stock just to get rid of the teamsters. Her "people" each own millions of dollars worth of stock and will not tank the stock, lose millions of dollars, in hopes that some time in the future, UPS comes back as some semblance of a Company that it once was.

Her "people" will not risk the many lawsuits that will come, from very big players no less, by burning down the Company. Vanguard, BlackRock, JP Morgan, Fidelity, State Street Global, etc. Her "people" only care about themselves and the value of the stock to keep the stockholders, and themselves, rich.

I have NOT been lurking

Degenerate Member
Her "people" only care about the price of the stock and whether or not they make Wall Street's projection for the current quarter.

Her "people" will not burn down UPS just to get rid of the Teamsters. Her "people" will not tank the stock just to get rid of the teamsters. Her "people" each own millions of dollars worth of stock and will not tank the stock, lose millions of dollars, in hopes that some time in the future, UPS comes back as some semblance of a Company that it once was.

Her "people" will not risk the many lawsuits that will come, from very big players no less, by burning down the Company. Vanguard, BlackRock, JP Morgan, Fidelity, State Street Global, etc. Her "people" only care about themselves and the value of the stock to keep the stockholders, and themselves, rich.
Blackrock offers a lower interest rate by having companies they loan to act "progressive"

Isn’t that one type of scab? A worker who crosses the picket line. In this case one who is offered extra pay or benefits to be a scab.

Granted that doesn’t mention replacement workers. I know he mentions it at some point in that book but I’m not about to spend half my Sunday looking for it.

Although there's a ton of grey area in that language, what's above and beyond? Paying $45/hr is more than we make, but far less than we cost. If you include pension and h&w contributions were probably closer to $70/hr, so could they offer up to that before being considered for any of this language?