Back to stops per Car again.

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by upsguy72, Apr 23, 2012.

1. Funfact

Funfact Well-Known Member

Showed up to work this morning. Had to cover the route I covered last week. Last week I had around 150 stops each day around 200 packages. Today it's 184 stop 420 packages. My SUP says they are back to Stops per car and he can't do anything about it.

I called in over 10 so they send me help about 1 pm (an Air Driver ) I ask him what they said he said to give him business so I won't miss any however he can't take a lot because it will mess up the stops per car numbers. I punch out at 10 of 8 with 9hr and 51 min.

This is what my car look liked.

2. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

I'm missing the problem :shrug:
  3. LiB

LiB New Member

First I would cover up that box label that denotes what route your on in MA. Then I would fill out the Precomm in the Diad. Then I would alert the safety committee of dangerous conditions in package cars (There is no way you can make a rapid selection when boxes look like that, therefore increasing your time in the heat of the package car.) If that doesn't work then I would file 9.5 greivances. However, throughout all of these suggestions I would follow the methods.
  4. upsman2940

upsman2940 New Member

Ours was 154 per car had some over 200! I had 174 worked 11 hrs. Nice way to start a week!!
  5. rocket man

rocket man Well-Known Member

why did you get dons so early?
  6. Funfact

I like getting home at a decent time I have an hour drive on each end of my shift. I left my house at 7:20 this morning and didn't get home till 8:55. That a 12 1/2 hr day....
  7. Funfact

As far as the precomm in the Diad they only care about getting the right package in the right car. I'm on the safety committee however it has been disbanded. I choose to follow the methods and take my time.... The 9.5 isn't going to work last week I ran scratch and punch out before 5:00... Although I could walk through the car and the 8000, 6000 sections where half full the 3 day I did the route last week...
  8. iruhnman630

iruhnman630 Active Member

Nice looking load. Now about the use of your camera...
  9. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

9hrs 51mins is our 8hr request around here, I'd love to work that Mon-Fri. As far as your load is concerned, looks like you need a 1200.
  10. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

I thought I seemed heavy today.... Oh well the sun is setting later and the days are nice I don't mind the hours this time of year. Plus I'm shooting for 80K this year.
  11. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

Monday's are always heavy due to cut routes around here. I guess some folks don't mind working here 20% longer (4 day work week) as they walk out the guard shack. I'll take thier money, let's me throw more into my Roth401k so those same chumps can watch me walk out the guard shack, never to return while they wonder how I did it so soon.
  12. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

I feel your pain they screwed me also sixty stops and ten hour 45 min. I'm with you bro this has to end they are killing us.
  13. splozi

splozi Guest

Quality preload strikes again.
  14. Funfact

It was a 1200... The only plus for the route is that the car is a new automatic..
  15. kingOFchester

kingOFchester Well-Known Member

16. menotyou

menotyou bella amicizia

Can't imagine not having an automatic, anymore.
  17. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

Next time pour an empty bottle of water in the center and then call in a leaky package.
  18. PASinterference

PASinterference Yes, I know I'm working late.

BACK to stops per car?? We never got away from it. Whoever programs our dm forgets to delete her menu from month to month.
  19. bottomups

bottomups Bad Moon Risen'

Don't want to rub it in, but I had 95 stops and 143 parcels to deliver yesterday. Deliver out of a P5 and I almost could not walk through my load when finished loading. 211 miles and punched out a little over 9.5 hours.

Oh yeah, had my annual safety ride yesterday also so I had a helper all day!
  20. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

Roth401k is a retirement account with the company. It allows after tax money to grow tax free and is spent tax free in retirement.