Baltimore goes BOOM

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Police having trouble policing West Baltimore
Police are struggling to stop violence in West Baltimore, where officers have been routinely surrounded by dozens of people, video cameras and hostility while doing basic police work since the death of Freddie Gray, Baltimore Police Commissioner Anthony W. Batts said Wednesday.

"Officers tell me and their supervisors, any time they pull up to respond to a call, they have 30 to 50 people surrounding them," Batts said. "We have to send in multiple units just to do basic police work, which says we have to work on community engagement."

At least 19 people were shot Tuesday and Wednesday, pushing the city's nonfatal shootings more than 70 percent above the count at the same point last year. Baltimore's 98 homicides this year are 42 percent higher than the same time last year.

In the Western District — an area of three square miles — 22 people have been killed this year, compared with 21 all of last year. Nonfatal shootings in West Baltimore are up 175 percent, according to the latest police data.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Police having trouble policing West Baltimore
Police are struggling to stop violence in West Baltimore, where officers have been routinely surrounded by dozens of people, video cameras and hostility while doing basic police work since the death of Freddie Gray, Baltimore Police Commissioner Anthony W. Batts said Wednesday.

"Officers tell me and their supervisors, any time they pull up to respond to a call, they have 30 to 50 people surrounding them," Batts said. "We have to send in multiple units just to do basic police work, which says we have to work on community engagement."

At least 19 people were shot Tuesday and Wednesday, pushing the city's nonfatal shootings more than 70 percent above the count at the same point last year. Baltimore's 98 homicides this year are 42 percent higher than the same time last year.

In the Western District — an area of three square miles — 22 people have been killed this year, compared with 21 all of last year. Nonfatal shootings in West Baltimore are up 175 percent, according to the latest police data.
Maybe the police should just abandon Baltimore.

I mean, would anyone miss it?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Maybe the police should just abandon Baltimore.

I mean, would anyone miss it?

There are parts of Baltimore, much like most major cities, that are really nice and there are also parts where you don't go at night, alone or otherwise.

On a somewhat related note, the Baltimore Orioles have decided to discontinue "bat day" at Camdens Yard.

realbrown1

There are parts of Baltimore, much like most major cities, that are really nice and there are also parts where you don't go at night, alone or otherwise.

On a somewhat related note, the Baltimore Orioles have decided to discontinue "bat day" at Camdens Yard.
I am serious.

They are acting like spoiled children.

Take away their police, and watch their city burn.

Then watch them beg for the police to be brought back.

You see, because the police was never the issue, they were just an excuse to behave like children.

And if they behave like children, you punish them like children.

How else are they going to learn?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I am serious.

They are acting like spoiled children.

Take away their police, and watch their city burn.

Then watch them beg for the police to be brought back.

You see, because the police was never the issue, they were just an excuse to behave like children.

And if they behave like children, you punish them like children.

How else are they going to learn?

What about those people who have no other choice than to live in that part of town?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
From Hope & Change to Rock Bottom. It is liberalism unchecked, on parade. Minority's hardest hit.

OK, so all of this is Obama's fault too? What an ignoramus. I guess if the police had gone in their with guns blazing and then called-in an Air Force airstrike that leveled the town, things would be better? Perhaps you need to educate yourself.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
The Republicans are not liberal.

Baltimore is liberal.

That's why they are up sheep creek right now.
The drug war that imprisoned an entire generation of fathers with zero chance of rehabilitation for addiction was a bipartisan idea. The entitlement system has persisted under both parties no matter which one held a majority.

People like you that try to make poverty and the crime that comes with it a partisan issue are a big part of the problem.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
OK, so all of this is Obama's fault too? What an ignoramus. I guess if the police had gone in their with guns blazing and then called-in an Air Force airstrike that leveled the town, things would be better? Perhaps you need to educate yourself.
The most vocal so called conservatives on here have made it clear their solution is the mass murder of civilians, or the removal of police and resorting to anarchy.

You'll notice they use key phrases to justify these means like calling them all "animals". It's just too hard for them to take any responsibility for the system that produces these kinds of situations.

I'm all for personal responsibility, but denying any wrongdoing, all the while willingly participating in a political system that they know full well produces these results..... I guess this just isn't real enough to some people.

wkmac

The most vocal so called conservatives on here have made it clear their solution is the mass murder of civilians, or the removal of police and resorting to anarchy.

I've been arguing for anarchy and I can tell you from my own experience that conservatives want no part of it.

Now statism on the verge of fascism is another matter!
;)

realbrown1

I've been arguing for anarchy and I can tell you from my own experience that conservatives want no part of it.

Now statism on the verge of fascism is another matter!
;)
Who, in their right mind, argues FOR anarchy?

You show me one place that has tried it, and had it work out for them.

You can't.

wkmac

Who, in their right mind, argues FOR anarchy?

You show me one place that has tried it, and had it work out for them.

You can't.

You actually engage in anarchy every day. Everyone does and they never even realize it or see it for what it is. Every time you face a decision, you take the information you and you alone have, you make a choice and then proceed with that choice without anyone else telling you what to do or how to do it, you just committed anarchy.

realbrown1

You actually engage in anarchy every day. Everyone does and they never even realize it or see it for what it is. Every time you face a decision, you take the information you and you alone have, you make a choice and then proceed with that choice without anyone else telling you what to do or how to do it, you just committed anarchy.
And if a neighbor decides to come in my home to live, do I call ghostbusters, or blow their heads off and bury them in my bsckyard?

Anarchy doen't work with a-holes.

They need the strong arm of the law.