Baltimore goes BOOM

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Law Prof: Baltimore Officers Were Overcharged, Dismissal Likely

John Banzhaf , a George Washington University law professor , says that the charges announced by Baltimore state’s attorney Marilyn Mosby on Friday “go too far.” “I think a prosecutor is going to have a hard time proving that the actions did in fact cause death, since they seem to have no theory as to how it occurred,”
Banzhaf, who is most famous for his successful campaign to get smoking ads removed from TV, says that Mosby will have to show how each of the six charged officers directly contributed to Gray’s death.
Banzhaf says that even if Gray’s arrest was illegal, as Mosby asserts, the “chain of legal causation” appears to have been broken. Thus, the officers who arrested Gray should not face many of the charges they are accused of committing.
As for accusations that the officers were negligent in failing to provide medical care to Gray even after he asked for it, Banzhaf said that the defendants would likely bring experts who will testify that prisoners often make false claims about injuries.
“I think the cops will be able to find lots of experts who will say ‘this is pretty well standard,'” Banzhaf said. The officers’ defense experts would likely argue that “lots of people who are arrested start screaming that they are in pain, they can’t breath, they are hurt and so on. They do it to get leniency, or to get cuffs removed, and they also do it so that they set up claims stating that they were mishandled by police.”

oldngray

nowhere special
You were wrong when you took out the word "WAS" and tried to make it appear as if the medical examiner excused the officers when in fact he ruled Freddie Gray's death a homocide.

Its amazing to see the lengths you people will go to blame the black guy.

You and the others were WRONG.

6 officers charged with crimes begining with UNLAWFUL IMPRISONMENT.

They had NO REASON to stop Freddie Gray and even LESS a reason to place him in the back of a police vehicle.

Justice will have its day, until then, you can continue your attempts at providing false information.

TOS.

I never changed anything from the original quote.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
So TOS , we have arrived back at the original question .
Why did he run ?

Is it ILLEGAL to run?

All the LT said he did was "MAKE EYE CONTACT" with Gray, then gray ran. No commands were given, No crime was committed.

Since when do we arrest, hogtie, beat and give a rough ride to prisoners who run when committing no crimes?

You people are so whacked out it isnt even funny.

TOS.

Atomic_Smurf

Is it ILLEGAL to run?

No, Its not illegal to run. I like to run. Running from a cop that is chasing you is. That's called fleeing.

Since when do we arrest, hogtie, beat and give a rough ride to prisoners who run when committing no crimes?

TOS.

Making a lot of assumptions aren't you. Have u seen this idiots rap sheet? He was a detriment to society, to the common good.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I don't know what al lthe talk is about......the cops were charged.....all is peaceful now....right?
I'm booking my vacation flight to Baltmore now.

Atomic_Smurf

Just saw the photos of the 6 police officers charged. We've all heard so much about the racial narrative in this case. Must be a real disappointment to the race hustlers that are looking to make some loot off of Grays death. <sad trombone>

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
image.jpg
Of course this is about race.