Being picked on at UPS.

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
I just nod my head and politely ask them to show me how to do my job faster and maintain that pace safely. Usually gets them off my back for a bit. Arguing speed and saying someone else isn't pulling their weight won't get you anywhere. Just be a worthless target for them, do your job safely and in a way that you can feel good about yourself and go home. 4 hour job on the average, don't let it ruin the other 20 hours. Don't count on getting your self satisfaction from them, do your best and feel good about it. Their job is to motivate you further. Don't go beyond what you can safely maintain and you'll be golden.

blkmamba

My problem with todays bullying is getting in trouble for standing up for yourself. I would happily home school my kids if they got expelled for kicking someones ass for picking on them after doing everything else right and following the rules. Schools today strip kids of their self respect by not allowing them to defend themselves. Then they sit back and wonder why these kids wind up cutting themselves, commit suicide, or worse take their aggression out on others with knives and guns.

I wouldn't say schools are stripping students of their self-respect, because kids today do not even know respect means. Parents raising children today give them more while the child has to do less. Kids today are self-entitled and think along the lines of what can you do for me, not what can I do for you. So when kids pick on one another they don't know how to deal with it, because they were taught to respect others or themselves

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
I just started (not too long ago). I'm unloading. The supervisors and the manager are picking ONLY on me. I started the same day as all the new guys, even went to training with them. And I came every day at no later than 10 minutes early. They want me to unload the brown trucks very quickly (which is actually no problem for me), BUT THEY ARE ONLY RUSHING ME (OUT OF ALL THE NEW GUYS). Yesterday I finished unloading my side (beating all the new guys in a LANDSLIDE. Guess what the friend&*kers made me do? They told me to go on the other side and help the new guys out and hurry. Why the friend&&k don't they tell the new guys to hurry too? The new guys were going so slowly and they weren't telling them anything, only me. Guess what again? After I finish helping one of the new guys unloading his side, they put me on another side to help out another new guy to finish his side! Like I said, I'm a very hard working guy, but this is not fair. I wouldn't even be complaining if every one of the new guys was doing the same amount of work as me and was being told to hurry up. BUT ONLY friend&%KING ME. Last week, one of the managers told me something NASTY, I'll never forget it. But I won't say it due to my job safety. I know there are spies on here.

Once you get your seniority, remember these words: "a fair day's work for a fair day's pay." That's all you owe them.

blkmamba

Once you get your seniority, remember these words: "a fair day's work for a fair day's pay." That's all you owe them.

And they will reply "work as directed". I mean he cannot complain about helping others he is paid to do a job and cannot refuse to do so unless it is unsafe. What about the fact that that some part-timers make 17+ an hour plus benefits and drag their weight. From a company standpoint the fair day of work does not meet the standard of pay. Just a thought, not trying to start an issue but as a supervisor I get tired of hearing that saying from hourlies who are making a incredible amount of money for a part-time job.

ibleedbrown

And they will reply "work as directed". I mean he cannot complain about helping others he is paid to do a job and cannot refuse to do so unless it is unsafe. What about the fact that that some part-timers make 17+ an hour plus benefits and drag their weight. From a company standpoint the fair day of work does not meet the standard of pay. Just a thought, not trying to start an issue but as a supervisor I get tired of hearing that saying from hourlies who are making a incredible amount of money for a part-time job.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Wow you might be right. I missed the overuse of the caps. Now let's see if he starts multiple whining complaining or random threads.

He's been banned on his last two usernames so I'm sure he's onto a third now.

Might have been one of these new knuckleheads.

UPSGUY72

I just started (not too long ago). I'm unloading. The supervisors and the manager are picking ONLY on me. I started the same day as all the new guys, even went to training with them. And I came every day at no later than 10 minutes early. They want me to unload the brown trucks very quickly (which is actually no problem for me), BUT THEY ARE ONLY RUSHING ME (OUT OF ALL THE NEW GUYS). Yesterday I finished unloading my side (beating all the new guys in a LANDSLIDE. Guess what the friend&*kers made me do? They told me to go on the other side and help the new guys out and hurry. Why the friend&&k don't they tell the new guys to hurry too? The new guys were going so slowly and they weren't telling them anything, only me. Guess what again? After I finish helping one of the new guys unloading his side, they put me on another side to help out another new guy to finish his side! Like I said, I'm a very hard working guy, but this is not fair. I wouldn't even be complaining if every one of the new guys was doing the same amount of work as me and was being told to hurry up. BUT ONLY friend&%KING ME. Last week, one of the managers told me something NASTY, I'll never forget it. But I won't say it due to my job safety. I know there are spies on here.
Grow a set.

I guess so, they just don't know that they're creating a very angry :censored2: union employee. Right now, I'll kiss their :censored2:. After that 40 working days. Oh lord mercy on their :censored2:. I'm going to beat my snail's 10 inch time.

Come back and tell us how that works out for you after you make your 30 days...

Justaname

Ups will make you a thick skinned person. Eventually you'll be able to just ignore the comments. I work customer service at another job and when customers ask how I deal with the angry customers so well, I reply I've been called worse lol.

You should start going to take :censored2: everyday when this happens.