benefits of Full Time drive over TCD?

AllOnTheHorses

Hello, I am curious if there are good reasons (to your thinking) to accept a full time driver position or go TCD. (?)
Yes I realize that TCD makes much more money (sooner).. however I am squeamish about the scheduling havoc it will cause in my life.
Thoughts?

Mr Shifter

Every year of Full Time work will earn you more pension than if you worked part time. You will have seniority overany part timer or cover driver since now you're a full time employee. If you ever want to move into a combo or feeder job seniority will be your best friend.

AllOnTheHorses

Thanks for the thoughts.. yes pension is on my mind as I am mid forties. Something else on my mind is personal finances.. that is that as TCD, presumably I would not have the income history needed for mortgage application anytime soon until I have full time slot. Thanks for the reply!

The Driver

I drive.
fc,550x550,black.u2.jpg

Thanks for the thoughts.. yes pension is on my mind as I am mid forties. Something else on my mind is personal finances.. that is that as TCD, presumably I would not have the income history needed for mortgage application anytime soon until I have full time slot. Thanks for the reply!
When or if you retire at 65 you will only have a 20 year pension. How much does that pay? Maybe less then a PT pension. Good luck.

Acc0rd

Drive sooner than later. More retirement by far. More money than cover when you top out, can roll into a nice feeder route later on, and your full time! Unless you have a balling wife like mine, paying bills is on your shoulders so wouldn't you want the best life you could provide for your family? Also, put some money aside each week from now on for a retirement supplement. A small bit now grows fast! Good luck.