Best "dad" moment

bubsdad

"Hang in there!"
Beautiful moment...beautiful thought.

Remember forever, the feeling you feel, the first deep glance into those eyes as you hold your newborn baby boy.
Someone felt the very same emotions when they held you for the first time and glanced into the same eyes you are now using to feel the same emotion.
Very true AJ. You will never replace or repeat the emotion you feel at that moment. It is truly amazing that you live your whole life not knowing that little person but in an instant you would be willing to give your life for him/her.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Thats the feeling I had when mine were born,then a little panic, like crap this little guys life depends on us?? I was so happy i hugged all the nurses !!

27Redfish

My son and I both fish professional redfish tournaments. My son and his fishing partner are sponsored by the company he works for. Back in November '07, we were fishing in the IFA Championship in Panama City FL. My son and his team mate won the tournament and me and my team mate placed 11th out of 123 teams.

Thats me on the far right hugging my son on the stage after they won! I had to keep my sunglasses on because something got in my eyes!

normal_dsc_1460.jpg

bubsdad

"Hang in there!"
My son and I both fish professional redfish tournaments. My son and his fishing partner are sponsored by the company he works for. Back in November '07, we were fishing in the IFA Championship in Panama City FL. My son and his team mate won the tournament and me and my team mate placed 11th out of 123 teams.

Thats me on the far right hugging my son on the stage after they won! I had to keep my sunglasses on because something got in my eyes!

normal_dsc_1460.jpg
That is awesome. Must have been a very good experience. Good luck with future tourneys.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ

normal_dsc_1460.jpg
That's funny, hey, is that back fin permanently affixed to your spine?

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
My best 'dad' moment thus far was when my godson (also my brother) said my name the first time. Our mother told me he had been trying my name for close to a month with her. That morning, she'd been bringing him down when he saw my picture on the wall, pointed right at it and softly said to her, "DAN!" She told him, "Yes, that's right! Now, tell HIM when he comes home." Ahhhh....the early years! -Rocky

over9five

Staff member
Hard to think of ONE.

I liked teaching them.

I remember one night sitting around the fire camping, my daughter commenting about how many stars were out.
"Suns", I said, "for the Sun is a star, and all the stars are suns".

Big concept for young children. Fun to explain tho, and they end up thinking you're a genius!

bubsdad

"Hang in there!"
Hard to think of ONE.

I liked teaching them.

I remember one night sitting around the fire camping, my daughter commenting about how many stars were out.
"Suns", I said, "for the Sun is a star, and all the stars are suns".

Big concept for young children. Fun to explain tho, and they end up thinking you're a genius!
It is cool when they think you are about the smartest person in the world. When my daughter was 6 I was the smartest guy she knew, when she was 16 I was the dumbest guy she knew. Now she's 22 and I'm starting to be somewhat smart again. My son is still young enough to be impressed by the things I can teach him.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I have often pondered this,and I find it very sad your dads lifetime of collecting,was gone in 2 days.I have quite a few comics and nobody in my family cares.I am getting old,I might as well sell them and buy a new toy.
DS, I just heard a bit on the news, that I thought might interest you. There is a guy auctioning off 70 comic books, (some first additions of Superman and Batman) and it expected to bring as much as 500,000$.:surprised: