Bin Laden

moreluck

golden ticket member
For those of you insisting that torture, aka enhanced interrogation techniques work, I have a question. Since Steve King and Dick Cheney insisted on bringing it up, do you remember what the arguement was? Wasn't it that torture needed to be used to stop an attack that was "just around the corner"? An attack that was a "ticking time bomb"? An attack that Jack Bauer types only had 24 hours or less to stop? And yet here we are 9 1/2 years later and the torture supporters are trying to claim that their techniques worked. If those techniques worked, we would have had bin Laden in 2003. So how exactly is it that EIT is responsible for bin Laden's demise and not other interrogation techniques?
You don't know how many attacks may have been broken up......you & I are not privy to that info.........so don't talk like you're in the deep dark secret service when all you are is a purple people eater!

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I heard it just a little different, he had a local chieftain's actions endangering his troops, so he quickly changed that man's mind, for the good of his men.
That is what is called a leader, placing the troops' well being ahead of his personal ambitions.

"Why not just re-elect bhos if youre looking for another idiot to run our military.".... fixed it for ya

Your heard it different?? You mean, he wasnt fined 5000 dollars?HE wasnt convicted of violating miilitary policy? He wasnt forced to retire? Or do you mean you support the mis treatment of prisoners because thats ok if you have a good reason?

Peace.

curiousbrain

You don't know how many attacks may have been broken up......you & I are not privy to that info.........so don't talk like you're in the deep dark secret service when all you are is a purple people eater!

For your reading pleasure; more, you are smarter than that. To say that "you and I are not privy to that info" is indicating that information we do not know can vindicate us; this is akin to saying that the Flying Spaghetti Monster can prove me right because no one can prove him wrong.

moreluck

golden ticket member
It's all about what is mom's favorite thing to do.......it's not beer & hockey & guy junk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Going to Home Goods is one of my favorite things to do ......therefore, on my day I chose to do it. I also chose to cook because I love doing it..........I hate standing in line at a restaurant waiting to eat cardboard food........That's what I call the desserts that look great & fancy and taste like cardboard.

When it's father's day, you can do what you want!!!! That's how it works!

klein

Für Meno :)
Just watching a news show called "Passionate Eye" on CBC.

It's about Bin Laden and how Bill Clinton tried to kill him back in the 90's. Even used cruise missles, but Osama survived the hit.
Had the CIA after him like a dog chase, trying to kill him. Several attacks were planned, but all seemed to fail.
Long story short : Clinton tried almost everything possible to get Bin Laden, and the biggest regret he had when he left office (as he told G.Bush, that he didn't succeed).
He also told Bush, he needs to keep after him, he's the biggest threat to America.

Even the CIA contacted Bush right after he got sworn in, that they urgently need to hold a meeting regarding Bin Laden.
Bush shrugged it off !

If you want to watch the news show : Google "passionate eye cbc" .

What a useless hensucker Bush was !!!!!!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
For your reading pleasure; more, you are smarter than that. To say that "you and I are not privy to that info" is indicating that information we do not know can vindicate us; this is akin to saying that the Flying Spaghetti Monster can prove me right because no one can prove him wrong.

I worshipped at the Flying Spaghetti Monster Church today. All you have to do is have faith, and read "The Gerbil", the Flying Spaghetti Monster holy book.

PASTA 10:2

klein

Für Meno :)
This show is getting even better.
The head of the CIA gave Bush an urgent written document, on June 9th, 2001, that airplanes are going to be used to attack the US, and the world trade center as a likly target.
Yet, again, Bush, did nothing.

Then the CIA head, even went further , and even gave the names of the Al Quaida being in the US and involved.....
- still nothing.

So, he got so frustrated that he resigned, with the hope that the new guy will finally convince Bush, but that came too late, as we all know.

over9five

Staff member

Wow. I just finished watching a documentary, and this analogy could have been part of it, indeed was part of it if not in those words.
Thanks Wkmac.

For those of you insisting that torture, aka enhanced interrogation techniques work, I have a question. Since Steve King and Dick Cheney insisted on bringing it up, do you remember what the arguement was? Wasn't it that torture needed to be used to stop an attack that was "just around the corner"? An attack that was a "ticking time bomb"? An attack that Jack Bauer types only had 24 hours or less to stop? And yet here we are 9 1/2 years later and the torture supporters are trying to claim that their techniques worked. If those techniques worked, we would have had bin Laden in 2003. So how exactly is it that EIT is responsible for bin Laden's demise and not other interrogation techniques?

Not sure I ever "insisted" EIT worked for any specific purpose or particular info. I have only said that they did indeed glean information from gitmo detainees and they did. How valuable the info and how it was used, I really don't know and doubt you do either. As far as what we were told in justification for EIT they did say that Al-Q was a ticking time bomb, I don't recall them saying that before the EIT they knew of a specific threat that water boarding would reveal. Other than the one confession from...what's his name...I'm sure there was other info they derived from the EITs that none of us will ever know, that lead to other areas of investigation that helped in different ways. 0bama himself said that EITs aided in the hunt for 0sama, a;tough he is a proven liar, so take it for what you will.

They have no answer for this, other than to say BUSH started 2 wars.

Thats the extent of the intelligence, for them.

Peace.

Bush did start the war with saddam hussein with congressional approval, not sure anyone has claimed otherwise.
Do you always do your victory dance on the ten yard line?
It's not a good idea, sometimes it just makes you look...well....silly.

You do realize they will counter with Obama starting war in Libya.

They don't know the United Nations voted upon it, and actually started it, and actually the French were the first to bomb Libya.

But, that's ok.
Atleast my fellowman Hitler won't be blamed anymore for starting the war, it was Roosevelt ! :)

All I've ever said about the start of our involvement in Lybia is that 0bama got us involved without congressional approval as Bush did with Iraq. The UN did indeed start the fighting in Lybia, 0 got us involved without congress voting on it. I'm pretty sure the UN can't force the US to go to battle with another country.
Don't know where you got that crap about hitler and roosevelt, other than pulling it out of your keester.

I'm not sure you linked article pertains to Morelucks statement. She said you didn't know how many attacks MAY have been broken up because you are not privy to that info. It could have been none or 100. Now either you are or aren't privy to the info, unless you are, that part of her statement was true. She didn't say there were any attacks broken up just that we didn't know.

curiousbrain

I'm not sure you linked article pertains to Morelucks statement. She said you didn't know how many attacks MAY have been broken up because you are not privy to that info. It could have been none or 100. Now either you are or aren't privy to the info, unless you are, that part of her statement was true. She didn't say there were any attacks broken up just that we didn't know.

It's more than possible I misconstrued what she meant to say; it should be said: not my intention at all - an honest mistake.

Last edited by a moderator:

wkmac

Wow. I just finished watching a documentary, and this analogy could have been part of it, indeed was part of it if not in those words.
Thanks Wkmac.

You're welcome and good point about the film. I've seen the Spaghetti Monster pic before and I always laugh when I see it.

trickpony1

Dont need to hold my hand, but Ill take it as you dont have a clue why you would vote for him.

Alan West, a defense department lobbyist, and former military officer forced to quit his position in the military because he beat a prisoner, is your choice for president? He was convicted of violating military protocol and fined 5000 dollars and forced to retire, rather than face more stiffer charges that could have resulted in a dishonorable discharge.

Yes, he sounds like the kind of leader this country needs.

Another war monger.

Why not just re-elect bush if youre looking for another idiot to run our military.

Peace.

Yup, you're right....I kinda like war mongers.
People like Patton, McArthur, Lt. William Calley, The Leavenworth 10, SEAL Team Six, of course these names probably don't mean anything to you.
My Father blew hell out of things in the WWII. What did your father do?
If it wasn't for people like my father and the rest of the WWII Vets, we'd all be speaking German or Japanese now but that probably hasn't occured to you has it?
Talk to someone who was alive and aware prior to WWII. The Japanese diplomats were in the US talking about detente, peace, love and all that other crap all the while they were planning Pearl Harbor.