Bin Laden

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
So the computers, hard and flash drives taken from the mansion won't have the same or even more information?
there was no internet, on report 101, it keeps getting better.

A trial does not bring the immediate closure that a corpse does.
Well when we are thinking of giving terrorist criminal trials, there never would have been a corpse.

I guess so, electric chair after decades is easier !
If only we could have got him there, would have been great.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
So 40 Seals couldn't have arrested him so we could try him?

Go back to your dancing in the streets.

So he could be found guilty in the USA, and then executed? I'm usually not in favor of killing a criminal outright, but I'll make an exception for that SOB. If he was tried at the Hague, there probably wouldn't have been a death penalty. Please tell me why this roach deserved to live another second, much less the 10 years he got after 9-11? Like I said, ask those 3,000 people if they are sorry the SEALS lit him up. My guess is that they'd like to have lived to see it.

over9five

Staff member
This wasn't a law enforcement operation. Remember? "War footing"

The changing story has raised doubts over assurances that the team of U.S. Navy SEALs was prepared to take bin Laden alive.
"If he had surrendered, I think -- attempted to surrender -- I think we should, obviously, have accepted that," Holder told the Senate committee.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/0...ief-questions-legality-killing/#ixzz1LWzvWYEG

He wasn't even armed. How more could he have surrendered? Supplied his own handcuffs???

DS

Fenderbender
Would you want him in US custody ?
Don't you think it would trigger a lot of terrorisum on American soil ?
Or even demostrations in the US, muslims against Americans ?

Why create all that turmoil, and pay for all the double and tripple security for years to come ?
Costing tax payers hundreds of thousands of dollars per day, for the next 10-20 years.

Be happy, what they did !
I agree with you Klein,but it sure would've been cool if they impaled him Vlad the impaler style at ground zero.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
So 40 Seals couldn't have arrested him so we could try him?

Go back to your dancing in the streets.

he was dead already, his body guard shot him. That is what I think. If any of the reports are correct, which I have not decided which one to believe........................They could have taken him alive easily.
Dont want to show the pics, I was listening to a Navy seal on the radio, I know it is not gospel, BUT, supposedly his eyes were blown out and that would happen from a rear shot, not a seal who is trained to shoot directly to one place in the head for a kill. There would only be a hole in the front and the back would be blown out.
I was happy my president made the right decision, to take him out, but now Im not sure if he did, or if it was a done deal.

I hate that we cannot just believe the news. its all like smoke and mirrors anymore. Kinda like Hillary saying it was the scariest 38 minutes of video she ever saw, but Pannetta said the tape is all blank. Is that like ducking airfire in Bosnia when there was none, she just mis spoke?

moreluck

golden ticket member
It's bothering me. It is un-American (you wouldn't understand) to kill an unarmed man. Especially in front of his wife and kids.
The Duke never would have done it.
He was in 'reach' of 2 weapons....pistol and ak47....but found it easier to push the wife in front of the seals.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
There's a whole lot of armchair quarterbacking going on here. There is nothing easy about an operation like this and the outcome is always in doubt. They had already lost a helo and taken fire from the guy in the guest house and had no real idea what was waiting for them in the main house. Their biggest advantages were surprise and speed and both of those were slipping away every minute they were on the deck. Once shots were fired they knew that had to finish up and get out of there before the Pakistani Army and god knows who else showed up. Bottom line is that they killed the bad guy, grabbed a boat load of raw intel, and all our people came home safe. That's a good op. That's a damn good op, considering who the target was. I agree with over about the dancing in the streets, but that shouldn't take away from what SEALS accomplished. Our guys did it right.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
OMG, it turns out that huge "firefight" they kept bragging about was 40 heavily armed Seals against Osamas mailman. Of all the people they killed, only one had a gun.... the courier.

Story

So should the SEALS have stood there and waited for Osama to arm himself before opening fire?

It was never intended to be a fair fight. If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

I agree that it was rather tacky of people to hoot and holler and celebrate his death by waving flags, but the bottom line is that he is dead and all of the SEALS are alive, and that is the best possible outcome.

Arresting him and putting him on trial was out of the question. The man publicly admitted responsibility for his acts of terror and declared war upon us. He knew, or should have known, what our response would be. Once the SEALS found him, his chances of survival were about the same as those of the innocent people who were working on the top floors of the Twin Towers on Sept.11th 2001.

Karma is a bitch.

klein

Für Meno :)
Why doesn't anyone here tell what the original plan was ?
Which was just to air bomb the compound !

But, Obama, didn't want that, and he made the call to get the Navy Seals involved.
He wanted to make sure if Bin Laden was in there.
Just dropping a bomb, they would have never known if he would have been dead or alive or even in there !
The call Obama made was great, but also risky and more complicated.
But, it was made, and with satisfaction knowing well his target is dead !

Babagounj

Strength through joy
9-11 FAMILY: 'SHOW US PROOF BIN LADEN KILLED'...

no pictures means no proof , so how can we be sure that they got the right one ?

Oh, we just have to take his word for it.

klein

Well , if Osama comes out with a new video, holding a newspaper after his death, then kiss Obama good-bye.

Something you can atleast hope for, like me hoping to win the lottery ! :)

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Dead-Meat.jpg

trickpony1

I can't remember the name of the Country/Western song but it pretty much sums up my thoughts on the matter.
It goes something like this.......

"....we ain't wrong,
we ain't sorry and
it's probably gonna happen again."

Congrats to SEAL Team Six!

klein

Al-Qaida vows revenge for Osama bin Laden's death in first confirmation by terror network

CAIRO - Al-Qaida confirmed the killing of Osama bin Laden Friday and vowed revenge, saying Americans' "happiness will turn to sadness" in the first statement by the terror network since its leader was slain in a U.S. commando raid against his Pakistani hideout.

I can't remember the name of the Country/Western song but it pretty much sums up my thoughts on the matter.
It goes something like this.......

"....we ain't wrong,
we ain't sorry and
it's probably gonna happen again."

Congrats to SEAL Team Six!
Truth about men...Tracy Byrd