BROWN NOSERS GET THE BEST RIDES!?!?!?!?!

Irishman Collins

Can you name a single person.... who's death can be directly attributed to these vehicles ?

Ever ?

There is language.

"The Employer will replace package cars at a rate no less than the percent replaced over the duration of the prior contract that expired July 31, 2008. The Union will be notified if the Employer cannot meet this schedule because of volume downturns."

http://teamster.org/sites/teamster.org/files/6161478090_master_final.pdf

At the current rate, all the older "death traps" should be gone by the end of this contract.

-Bug-
Of course I cant. As soon as these accidents occur the company writes a check and has family sign a hush order. You should know this

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Ninja spelling edit. ;)

Details ?

Anyone, can post a google image.

You have to be better.... than that type of BS.

-Bug-
You got me, I photo-shopped it.
Not!!!

I actually saved this photo from a thread on this site, long ago.

This driver was very seriously injured, not sure what came of him.
I don't need to be "better" than anything and the people who read this thread will decide what is BS and what is not, and again a picture says a thousand words.

Why is it you feel someone has to die for this to be a legitimate issue?

Irishman Collins

Can you name a single person.... who's death can be directly attributed to these vehicles ?

Ever ?

There is language.

"The Employer will replace package cars at a rate no less than the percent replaced over the duration of the prior contract that expired July 31, 2008. The Union will be notified if the Employer cannot meet this schedule because of volume downturns."

http://teamster.org/sites/teamster.org/files/6161478090_master_final.pdf

At the current rate, all the older "death traps" should be gone by the end of this contract.

-Bug-
Please re read my posts. I don't think you are getting it

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
You got me, I photo-shopped it.
Not!!!

I actually saved this photo from a thread on this site, long ago.

Ok.

Link, to the thread ?

I've been here longer than you.... And have never seen that.... or the thread.

Help me out.

Why is it you feel someone has to die for this to be a legitimate issue?

Don't try and put words in my mouth.

By trying to do so, I can see why.... you can't get elected in your Local.

-Bug-

Irishman Collins

Thought so.

That sounds like.... more TDU conspiracy propaganda.

-Bug-
Yea your right thousands of vehicles go out everday and no accidents happen. Out of the thousands of vehicles that go out everday about 15% of these are the death traps with no shoulder harness or head protection. You don't think it is peculiar that it is hard to find fatality information on Google relating to these unsafe vehicles? In my area the first thing the company does with an accident is cover up the logo so the public can't see it. Sometimes you have to think outside the box.

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed

Ever ?

I have one and I'll pm the link if you'd like as I don't want anyone to think I am attacking the deceased driver which I am not.

While it's not conclusive and wasn't attributed to the vehicle or driver, this person was rear ended in a gas p1000 an was pushed into on coming traffic.

Now, being that these vehicles do not have power steering well after power steering became relatively cheap an readily available, we could surmise he had turned the wheels as he rolled up to the turn to stop and wait.
What's that you say? Against the methods? You're right but you all know tht method was nearly impossible to follow in a gas p1000.
One could also surmise that the lap belt alone contributed but we don't know that.

While I agree with your opinion as a whole, you're argument of "well, since you can't name one it has never happened" doesn't hold water. We all know how this company really is when it comes to crash info.

Overpaid Union Thug

I'm so sick of the spoiled rotten driver syndrome. Whether it be brown losers or drivers that the supervisors accommodate because they are scared of them. They all suck. Grow up! Trucks should never be switched just because a driver says so. No steward should ever allow the practice of drivers taking the liberty to reassign trucks for their own personal gain. The only time they should be changed (NOT switched with another bid route) is when the route determines it. Meaning....semi-permanent/permanent changes in the route like more volume that wouldn't normally fit or even the opposite if that is the trend. A driver should NEVER be able to bid a route and take the truck with them from their former route. Nor should they be allowed to all of the sudden decide they want a different truck later. If you bid a route you should be stuck with the truck that comes with it unless it is no longer serviceable. The only time a truck assignment should be determined by seniority is when a new truck is added to the center. And that should only apply to the routes that genuinely need the type of truck involved. And when a bid route truck gets taken out of the lineup for whatever reason that route should get a temporary truck.....NOT another route.

Irishman Collins

I'm so sick of the spoiled rotten driver syndrome. Whether it be brown losers or drivers that the supervisors accommodate because they are scared of them. They all suck. Grow up! Trucks should never be switched just because a driver says so. No steward should ever allow the practice of drivers taking the liberty to reassign trucks for their own personal gain. The only time they should be changed (NOT switched with another bid route) is when the route determines it. Meaning....semi-permanent/permanent changes in the route like more volume that wouldn't normally fit or even the opposite if that is the trend. A driver should NEVER be able to bid a route and take the truck with them from their former route. Nor should they be allowed to all of the sudden decide they want a different truck later. If you bid a route you should be stuck with the truck that comes with it unless it is no longer serviceable. The only time a truck assignment should be determined by seniority is when a new truck is added to the center. And that should only apply to the routes that genuinely need the type of truck involved. And when a bid route truck gets taken out of the lineup for whatever reason that route should get a temporary truck.....NOT another route.
I don't think the point here is, poor me I have to drive an old truck. It is, why am I driving a truck that is unsafe and antiquated. What is the criteria for someone to be put in such a truck. Is it because he or she isn't on the safety committee, age, production, not a Suck ass, union Stewart or is it some sort of roulette that management plays with drivers lives?

Overpaid Union Thug

I don't think the point here is, poor me I have to drive an old truck. It is, why am I driving a truck that is unsafe and antiquated. What is the criteria for someone to be put in such a truck. Is it because he or she isn't on the safety committee, age, production, not a Suck ass, union Stewart or is it some sort of roulette that management plays with drivers lives?

That actually wasn't my point either. In fact...in that situation a driver should be able to ask for a better truck. My point is that they shouldn't be able to take a truck from someone else because THEY bid on a route that has a crappy truck. Let alone just because they want to take "their" truck from the old route to the new.

oldngray

nowhere special
Just because a truck is old and uncomfortable does not mean it is unsafe. Some people act like spoiled children if they don't always get a shiny new truck to drive.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
Pretty much in any serious accident the seatback collapses and the driver is ejected because of only having a lap belt.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I don't have a problem with a driver taking "his" truck with him if he bids off of his area to an area that uses the same size pkg car. I also don't have a problem with senior drivers getting first dibs on new pkg cars.

oldngray

nowhere special
I have never heard of a driver ejected when he was wearing a lap belt. The problem is more head injuries from hitting the windshield or steering wheel because his upper body is not restrained.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I have never heard of a driver ejected when he was wearing a lap belt. The problem is more head injuries from hitting the windshield or steering wheel because his upper body is not restrained.

The only ejections I have ever heard of occurred when the driver was not wearing the lap or 3 point belt.

Overpaid Union Thug

I don't have a problem with a driver taking "his" truck with him if he bids off of his area to an area that uses the same size pkg car. I also don't have a problem with senior drivers getting first dibs on new pkg cars.
What does the identical size have to do with it? The same size doesn't mean they are exactly identical and it sure doesn't mean they handle or run the same. If he bids OFF a route (or is bumped off of it) then they should not have the rights to that truck anymore. It's funny because the same people that think otherwise are typically the same ones that seem to be up the dispatcher's ass daily to get certain stops/areas removed from their routes. And the work is ironically moved to the route they took "their" truck from. Sad....so sad.

Irishman Collins

The only ejections I have ever heard of occurred when the driver was not wearing the lap or 3 point belt.
Ejections from the vehicle, it could never happen. It's kind of like the Patriots and their cheating coach admitting fault. It will never happen. It must feel great to root for a cheating team in the Super Bowl? Then again, who else would UPS management root for. It's fitting.