CLASSIC GROUND DRIVER

It will be fine

You mean between your hat size and your IQ? Oh, that's right, they're the same. Is providing a link to these numbers a little too advanced for you?

I'll I see is Alyssa Milano. That's a good thing.
Need me to work Google for you? Fmcsa score isn't classified, nor is it difficult to find. Here's the quick breakdown since typing fmcsa into google is beyond your capability.
Out of service rates.
Vehicle: Ground 12.7 Nat Average 20.7
Driver: Ground 1.7 Nat Average 5.5
Hazmat: Ground 3.6 Nat Average 4.5

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
"The FMCSA says there are many reasons why these crashes were not included in FedEx Ground’s safety record. They cite possible mistakes such as miscoding the crash reports, recording the wrong DOT numbers or flat out failing to report at all."

Well so much for being better than the national averages. @bbsam

Like I said Ground's scores are nothing to be proud of.

Last edited:

It will be fine

"The FMCSA says there are many reasons why these crashes were not included in FedEx Ground’s safety record. They cite possible mistakes such as miscoding the crash reports, recording the wrong DOT numbers or flat out failing to report at all."

Don't know where you got that quote, but is there any reason to believe miscoding and recording wrong DOT numbers would only happen to FedEx Ground incidents?
Ground's hazmat score is better than Express by the way.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Sounds like even the Feds can't keep the opcos straight. I do know Ground kills lots of drivers, both their own and innocent motorists. Especially the OTR drivers.

bbsam

Staff member
So FMCSA scores are inaccurate and can from now on beach taken lightly? Garbage In/Garbage out, right?

It will be fine

"The agency says it’s unclear whether the two California accidents or the 13 others across the country would significantly affect FedEx Ground’s safety score"
They also say they weren't reported due to officers failing to properly document crashes. So there's no reason to believe that would happen with only FedEx Ground crashes. It would happen with the same frequency as every other carrier. This would not affect Ground's standing compared to national averages.

bbsam

Staff member

Do you have problems deciding which number is bigger?

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Do you have problems deciding which number is bigger?
Not at all. But do you?

You're totally blind to the fact that Ground's scores suck.

Just because you have a chunk of change invested in your (cough) own business doesn't make the situation any better.

bbsam

Staff member
Not at all. But do you?

You're totally blind to the fact that Ground's scores suck.

Just because you have a chunk of change invested in your (cough) own business doesn't make the situation any better.
No. I think the numbers suck. I think the whole scoring system sucks. Garbage in/Garbage out.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
"The agency says it’s unclear whether the two California accidents or the 13 others across the country would significantly affect FedEx Ground’s safety score"
They also say they weren't reported due to officers failing to properly document crashes. So there's no reason to believe that would happen with only FedEx Ground crashes. It would happen with the same frequency as every other carrier. This would not affect Ground's standing compared to national averages.

That's two that they actually know about. This would lead one to surmise there are probably others.

bbsam

Staff member
That's two that they actually know about. This would lead one to surmise there are probably others.
But it's not an X "cover up". There's no conspiracy, just a flawed system. There's no reason to believe the numbers for Express or UPS are any more accurate.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
But it's not an X "cover up". There's no conspiracy, just a flawed system. There's no reason to believe the numbers for Express or UPS are any more accurate.

Didn't say that there was, but it looks like a flawed system is giving Ground scores they don't deserve, doesn't it?

bbsam

Staff member
Didn't say that there was, but it looks like a flawed system is giving Ground scores they don't deserve, doesn't it?
Looks like a flawed system who's data can't be trusted for any company. You simply can't take numbers in a vaccuum. They don't make sense. They have to be able to be compared and contrasted as I tried to point out in posting Ground's compared to the national average. But if those numbers are significantly flawed, none of it really means anything.

For example, what if UPS also had 38 fatalities? Well naturally you'd point out that UPS is a far larger operation. Compare and contrast.

What if UPS had 12 fatalities that didn't make it into the FMCSA scores? Does it change anything? It should. It should make us skeptical that we are getting an accurate portrait of companies' safety record especially since that is the whole point behind the FMCSA scoring system.