El Correcto

god is dead
Why the :censored2: should any full time employer be expected to accommodate your college schedule?

Jesus. We’ve got another one, @Wally
I unno, Ups always brags about their college reimbursement. I was mainly curious about that, not so much the time off. I know part timers get it, I was wondering if full time drivers are eligible as well.

Box Ox

I unno, Ups always brags about their college reimbursement. I was mainly curious about that, not so much the time off. I know part timers get it, I was wondering if full time drivers are eligible as well.

Do you think you could be a full time driver and a college student at the same time?

El Correcto

god is dead
Do you think you could be a full time driver and a college student at the same time?
Well honestly no, not once I hit my specialty program. But while earning my bachelors, I’m hopeful about it. Especially with online learning and Saturday courses. Right now I’m in the process of eliminating car debt, terminating my lease and moving home. Going to stack my money up and seriously consider this. I’m going to get my finances in order to where the job won’t be critically important for when the time comes. I honestly just hate UPS and think it’s a dead end for my generation. I strongly feel UPS will no longer be a great opportunity come a decade or so from now. I don’t want to be stuck when that time comes.

Box Ox

But while earning my bachelors, I’m hopeful about it. Especially with online learning and Saturday courses.

Nah, it wouldn't work. And don't risk your GPA for anything you do end up doing on the side.

I strongly feel UPS will no longer be a great opportunity come a decade or so from now.

You're probably right. Moving toward a career shift myself.

I want to go into nursing so I can travel.

Good field to go into. Travel nurses do well.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I want to go into nursing so I can travel. I hate being rooted to this job and want something more flexible and interesting.

Just quit and do it.... wait... take the prerequisites online if possible, apply to the program, then quit before classes start. I don't know of any schools that offer an all online nursing program, so if that's what you want to be, commit to it.

El Correcto

god is dead
Just quit and do it.... wait... take the prerequisites online if possible, apply to the program, then quit before classes start. I don't know of any schools that offer an all online nursing programs, so if that's what you want to be, commit to it.
From what I’ve been reading, you can do stuff for your bachelors before applying to the nursing program. I’m giving them a call to see what steps I’ll need to take. I’ll probably be 27 before I take the leap sometime next year.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
From what I’ve been reading, you can do stuff for your bachelors before applying to the nursing program. I’m giving them a call to see what steps I’ll need to take. I’ll probably be 27 before I take the leap sometime next year.

You don't need a bachelors to be an RN. You may want to get your RN, start working, then continue to work towards your BSN. If you really want to mix it up get your lactation nurse certification, there's a big demand.

Box Ox

You talking about getting your general education/science requirements out of the way before declaring for a BSN program?

27 is young. In 10 years you'll look back and think you were just a baby at 27. And even if you get outta school in your mid 30's you've still got 30 years to retirement age in a lucrative field while having dodged UPS.

Box Ox

ou may want to get your RN, start working, then continue to work towards your BSN.

I know some former RNs whose employers covered their whole BSN programs in exchange for a commitment to work for them for x years after they got outta school. Great way to go.

Edit: Lotta schools also have programs specifically for the RN to BSN move.

El Correcto

god is dead
I know some former RNs whose employers covered their whole BSN programs in exchange for a commitment to work for them for x years after they got outta school. Great way to go.

Edit: Lotta schools also have programs specifically for the RN to BSN move.
Didn’t realize that, definitely something to start investigating, thanks.