Conservative vs. Liberal Beliefs

Tex, I appluad your devotion to charitable giving and agree that it is no one's business other than your own; however, you are shortchanging yourself by not taking advantage of the tax benefits associated with charitable donations. If you don't want to realize a net gain then simply increase your charitable giving to offset the tax benefit.
I do understand what you are saying and do not disagree with you. However, if I claim deductions on my taxes, then the donation is from the government (in a round about way) and not from me. If I only give or the amount I give is reliant on tax deductions it tarnishes my reason to give. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying anyone is wrong for taking those deductions just that it doesn't work for me personally. The only reason I mentioned it at all was to correct an incorrect statement from the canuck.

klein

Für Meno :)
While this might be interesting to some people it is off topic for this thread.

Oh really ?
Then please do tell Lucy, too !

On Energy

Liberals:

Oil is a depleting resource. Other sources of energy must be explored. The government must produce a national plan for all energy resources and subsidize (partially pay for) alternative energy research and production.Support increased exploration of alternative energy sources such as wind and solar power.
Support government control of gas and electric industries.

Conservatives:

Oil, gas and coal are all good sources of energy and are abundant in the U.S. Oil drilling should be increased both on land and at sea. Increased domestic production creates lower prices and less dependence on other countries for oil.
Support increased production of nuclear energy. Wind and solar sources will never provide plentiful, affordable sources of power.
Support private ownership of gas and electric industries.

klein

I didn't jack it, but your statement did read that solar and wind power will never provide plentiful affordable energy !

Looks like Europe disagress with the American Republicans ! And so do I !

And a reminder, Italy, Germany and Switzerland have next to nothing in oil reserves or production.
So, your conservative statement is false !

Oh really ?
Then please do tell Lucy, too !
The thread title is
Conservative vs. Liberal Beliefs Let us take a quick look at Luc's post. hmmmm, it seems clear that it is indeed a comparison between Libs and conservatives.. Yep pretty much right on target that the topic. you loose.

klein

Ok, his lastest conservative belief is outdated, stupid and unreal, and I'll leave it at that, and the next ones to follow.

Lue C Fur

Evil member
You're the one posting idiotic conservative garbage crap !
Keep it up, and watch the world surpass you. (not that they already haven't ) !

Whats wrong...you cant handle someone elses opinions that do not match your Liberal ones? By the way...all the post on Liberal and Conservative beliefs are from a study that was done. If you do your research maybe you can find it...if you can put down the bottle long enough.

Lue C Fur

Evil member
Euthanasia & Physician-assisted suicide

Liberals:
Euthanasia should be legalized. A person has a right to die with dignity, by his own choice. A terminally ill person should have the right to choose to end pain and suffering. It is wrong for the government to take away the means for a terminally ill person to hasten his death. It is wrong to force a person to go through so much pain and suffering. Legalizing euthanasia would not lead to doctor-assisted suicides of non-critical patients.
Permitting euthanasia would reduce health care costs, which would then make funds available for those who could truly benefit from medical care.

Conservatives: Neither euthanasia nor physician-assisted suicide should be legalized. It is immoral and unethical to deliberately end the life of a terminally ill person (euthanasia), or enable another person to end their own life (assisted suicide). The goal should be compassionate care and easing the suffering of terminally ill people.
Legalizing euthanasia could lead to doctor-assisted suicides of non-critical patients.
If euthanasia were legalized, insurance companies could pressure doctors to withhold life-saving treatment for dying patients.
Many religions prohibit suicide and euthanasia. These practices devalue human life.

Ok, his lastest conservative belief is outdated, stupid and unreal, and I'll leave it at that, and the next ones to follow.
So was it on topic or not Mr.Checker? Your opinion of of the timeliness, intelligence level or validity is irrelevant to this conversation. The reliance is that you claimed it to be off topic, which it wasn't. Unlike many of your posts on numerous threads.

wkmac

Under both liberal and conservative beliefs, I'd like to pose this question to both sides.

Under your different belief ideals, Who among you is completely or even partly exempt from the Moral Law?

moreluck

golden ticket member
If you ever wondered what side of the fence you sit on, This is a great test!

If a conservative doesn't like guns, he doesn't buy one.
If a liberal doesn't like guns, he wants all guns outlawed.

If a conservative is a vegetarian, he doesn't eat meat..
If a liberal is a vegetarian, he wants all meat products banned for
Everyone..

If a conservative is homosexual, he quietly leads his life.
If a liberal is homosexual, he demands legislated respect.

If a conservative is down-and-out, he thinks about how to better his
situation.
A liberal wonders who is going to take care of him.

If a conservative doesn't like a talk show host, he switches channels.
Liberals demand that those they don't like be shut down.

If a conservative is a non-believer, he doesn't go to church.
A liberal non-believer wants any mention of God and religion silenced.
(Unless it's a foreign religion, of course!)

If a conservative reads this, he'll forward it so his friends can have
A good laugh.
A liberal will delete it because he's "offended".

bbsam

Staff member
Under both liberal and conservative beliefs, I'd like to pose this question to both sides.

Under your different belief ideals, Who among you is completely or even partly exempt from the Moral Law?
I tend to agree with the point made by Upstate's link and therefore would propose the question could just as easily be "Who among you is completely or even exempt from the Laws of Physics?"