Derailing Posts and Whining about Nancy

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I've been here 15 years and DO NOT hate either my job or my co-workers. I like my co-workers (95% of them) and actually like the job. Today is January 4th and it was -2 degrees friend in Boston when I woke and about .5 meters of snow on the ground. Yes, this sucks. However, when I dream of say June 29th and its 85 degrees friend and sunny until 9pm I really enjoy this driving job. How can you not? I'm outside in beautiful weather with no boss hovering over me delivering meaningless cardboard (ex. medical shipments, etc.) for $33 an hour, alone with my thoughts, dreams, and fantasies. Life can not be better in the blue collar world than a UPS driver on June 29th.

Would you rather be a plumber? Closed spaces and human waste doesn't really appeal to me.
How much is .5 meters of snow?

So I'm american and have no frame of reference.

browniehound

I'm just happy to be employed. I'm more than happy. I'm giddy for the simple fact that I have a job seeing as Obama isn't creating any new ones for the poor bastards that are unemployed. This and they pay me 33 bucks an hour.

upscat

To My Fellow UPS Workers,

The purpose of this discussion thread is not to gripe or complain about conditions at UPS, management, the Union or for that matter anything at all about UPS. The sole purpose of this discussion thread is to discuss the following work-related issue with other employees as an initial step in engaging in some concerted activity to bring this issue up to the company as a group.

It is my hope that by addressing this issue in concert we not only be working for our own mutual aid, protection and improved working conditions, but we will be working for the benefit of any and all coworkers that may have been adversely affected by this issue.

For Discussion:

If you hate your job and those you work for at UPS then why do you stay?

If are truly that miserable then what motivates you?

Sincerely,
I

I enjoy being miserable. the crying and complaining amuses and entertains me. nice tights. Do the wings work?

Brownslave688

We had two drivers call in sick on Thursday which prompted our center manager to go on a bit of a tirade during the PCM on Friday. He basically told us that the drivers who had banged in would be given extra work today as they had been forced to cut a route due to the call-ins yesterday. Yes, he said that he was basically going to punish those drivers for calling in sick. He also told us that we need to come to work each and every day and if we do call in sick we need to limit it to one day and that anything beyond that would require a doctor's note.
Ups needs to realize how good most of us are. Just talked to my friend who works for the city water and light department. I asked him if they would just be chilling in the office Monday and Tuesday. He said probably. If not everyone is going home sick. He said most of the workforce already has sick paper work filled out but are only turning them in if they are asked to do actual work.

rod

Retired 22 years
Ups needs to realize how good most of us are. Just talked to my friend who works for the city water and light department. I asked him if they would just be chilling in the office Monday and Tuesday. He said probably. If not everyone is going home sick. He said most of the workforce already has sick paper work filled out but are only turning them in if they are asked to do actual work.

This sounds just like a city worker friend of mine. I should add that he gets $34 bucks hour an plus full benefits plus more paid days off than he could ever use (every National holiday plus a VERY lenient sick pay program). My advise to anyone seeking employment at UPS---check out getting a government job first.

gingerkat

Integrity, I've always respected your posts. With that being said, how come you badger others with "why" so much? In another thread I posted my answer, but you never came back. When you disappeared I asked you "why" but you never answered back.

Are you not good enough to answer the questions you ask?

Brownslave688

This sounds just like a city worker friend of mine. I should add that he gets $34 bucks hour an plus full benefits plus more paid days off than he could ever use (every National holiday plus a VERY lenient sick pay program). My advise to anyone seeking employment at UPS---check out getting a government job first.
It's pathetic. Perfectly nice Friday a few weeks ago and they played bean bag toss most of the day. We aren't talking a town of 2000 where days there may not be much to do. No we are talking 100k plus.

They do personal work on vehicles all the time and order double of tools because "they don't pay me enough and I need one". People wonder why government workers are hated.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Integrity, I've always respected your posts. With that being said, how come you badger others with "why" so much? In another thread I posted my answer, but you never came back. When you disappeared I asked you "why" but you never answered back.

Are you not good enough to answer the questions you ask?[/quot

Glad to see I'm not the only one

rod

Retired 22 years
It's pathetic. Perfectly nice Friday a few weeks ago and they played bean bag toss most of the day. We aren't talking a town of 2000 where days there may not be much to do. No we are talking 100k plus.

They do personal work on vehicles all the time and order double of tools because "they don't pay me enough and I need one". People wonder why government workers are hated.

My friend washes his pickup twice a week "on company time". I don't think he has worked a full five day week in years. They can use vacation time and sick time in as little as 15 minute periods. (and don't really need to be sick to use it).

blkmamba

blkmamba,

If a discussion thread has a question to stimulate a discussion who would ask the question but the discussion thread creator.

I don't understand.

I was just trying to clarify the target of the discussion thread, it was not intended for individuals who love their jobs but for individuals who claim to hate their jobs.

You state that 50% of the enjoyment or fun that you get from coming to this site is watching people hijack threads.

Just so you know 0% of enjoyment or fun that I get from coming to this site is watching people hijack threads.

Are you yet another of the self proclaimed spokesperson for all BC participants?

And you talk of another's ego. Go figure.

Where did you get the idea that I am a self-proclaimed spokesperson, my views represent me, and me only. So you keep reaching for whatever you can. I have a big ego, I mean, seriously I was a supervisor, don't you know are :censored2: doesn't stink. haha

blkmamba

cosmo1,

I would love for those who have no use for Integrity to put him on ignore.

This would save me a lot of time putting up with a lot of nonsense before I place them ignore.

If you don't start contributing in a more acceptable way you will be on that list before long.

Sincerely,
I
hahaha you refer to yourself as "him". Get over yourself.