DIAD V Revealed

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by upsyo, Jan 13, 2010.

1. upsyo

upsyo Member

2. brownrod

brownrod Active Member

Looks great!

But if you look closely at the picture it seems the signature button is still in the same spot where everyone thumb will hit it when they hold it.

A camera the help with DFU's ? To me that means if I DR a package at a questionable place I snap off a few photos to get some evidence? Or if I'm not 100% sure I'm at the correct location because the houses are unmarked and no one is home then take a photo.
  3. trplnkl

trplnkl 555

I could see if there had been previous problems with a consignee concerning damage issues where the camera would come in handy.
    Stug, be careful, be very careful with this function.
  4. spif91

spif91 Member

So glad I won't be using it..........Happy to be in Feeders....LOL
  5. dannyboy

dannyboy From the promised LAND

now there is a great idea.

i can see it now, your out on an over dispatched day, trying to get deliveries and pickups made, and some guy, a thousand miles from your location decides that its time all the drivers in his region watch a training video.

why not reruns of star trek or i love lucy?

i love better stuff, but sometimes you have to wonder.....

but then again, if your region management team can do training vids from the corp office to each drivers diad, what do they need local management for again?

6. EmerCond421

EmerCond421 Member

I also think that it looks great! Small and portable like other carriers have, looks user friendly, now if they revamped the program.... hope it's not a multi-step input for each function.
    Would love to be able to try it out....but since we're so far out in the boonies we probably won't get the new version 'til 2012 or later. :dissapointed:
  7. upsyo

upsyo Member

DiadDude, give us the inside scoop!
  8. Cezanne

Cezanne New Member

Great, now you did it, now look for phase II of this regional consolidation..
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2010
  9. Dizzee

Dizzee ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs

Until you see the "Actual Size" photo. :wink2:
  10. EmerCond421

EmerCond421 Member

Guess we'll need a stylus!! :peaceful:
  11. Dustyroads

Dustyroads New Member

Perhaps we will photograph every driver release package we leave without meeting the consignee. I'm sure it would only take a couple seconds to do this, and it would have some interesting results. Undoubtedly, we would have cleaner driver releases, as drivers would know each one was being scrutinized or could be. There might be some issues of drivers being disciplined for bad dr's based on photographic evidence. There might be some customers who are unhappy with their place being photographed. I'm sure it may be a can or worms. But, on the upside, looking at these photographs posted, I'm all ready for it!:funny:
  12. Dragon

Dragon Package Center Manager

I can see it now,

Some one gets mad and says kiss my _ _ _ and bam, I get a photo on ODSe!!
  13. Monkey Butt

Monkey Butt You can call me Chappy Staff Member

I need P-Man to weigh in on the new hardware platform before I can form an opinion of the new

Last edited: Jan 13, 2010
  14. johnoutdoors

johnoutdoors Member

The article says rollout will be late 2010. Are they going to do the same as they did to us with DIAD IV? First week of December, here you go...
  15. cino321

cino321 Active Member

In my center we refer to the diad as "the board"... now we can't :(.
  16. Baba gounj

Baba gounj pensioner

now can this camera feature be operated remotely ?:wink2:
  17. Junetheman88

Junetheman88 U.P.S Driver

You know i would love to use that rather then the big peace of board that nearly brings my pants down
  18. cino321

cino321 Active Member

Don't use the clip!

Now we're going to get pouches and look super homo like the guys who wear purple already.

I always carry the diad, never used a clip in my life.
  19. Big Babooba

Big Babooba Well-Known Member

Just call it "The Paddle". I'm sure we're all going to get spanked.:happy-very:
  20. dannyboy

dannyboy From the promised LAND

is it just me, or would it not increase business if we sculpted our drop boxes a bit different? like maybe use the ah .......well you catch my drift.

just drop it in the slot......we will take gooooood care of it.

hell, i see a whole new ad campaign evolving