Dock worker pushed out of his shift

Discussion in 'UPS Freight' started by FreightWorker, Jun 9, 2016.

1. FreightWorker

FreightWorker New Member

I'm a part time dock worker at UPS Freight. Been working 8 to 24 hours a week for the past 11 months and am about to get my benefits. In the past week we had a new driver transfer to our hub, we already have too many drivers, and if a driver does not have a route he can work the dock and push us out of our shift. I have not worked for the past week because drivers are working the dock. What can I do?

2. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

There is not much that you can do other than file for unemployment.

3. sppollock

sppollock Member

Are you working inbound or outbound? Is someone on the opposite shift getting hours that has less seniority then you do? If so file on seniority. You will find that a full time driver has more seniority then a part time dock worker, Im sorry you have to hear that but that is the case.

4. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

How big is your dock?

5. silenze

silenze Lunch is the best part of the day

You can bump someone else on another shift or even possibly in another building if one exists in your local union

6. Inthegame

Inthegame Well-Known Member

Ignore answers from UPS Brown drivers to start, then call your Business Agent to see what your options really are.

7. sppollock

sppollock Member

We have 47 doors and maybe 15 dock workers between both shifts. We only have 3 full time dock and 4 full time drivers that bid the dock.

8. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

Three on one dock? Hmmm sounds like you need a larger dock or more of them.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  9. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

I really wish you would grow the :censored2: up. Your constant sexual innuendo is really getting old.

10. PackerFan247

PackerFan247 New Member

At my freight terminal drivers have seniority over dock workers. Not much you can do

11. Glide09

Glide09 New Member

same at mine....full time has seniority over part time... but like someone said you should be able to bump someone with less part-time seniority on a different shift if there is one available.

12. calvin321

calvin321 New Member

Guattgygyuygggygyvggygugyyy

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List