Does anybody like their job?

Braveheart

I like most of the customers. There will always be a couple jerks.

I like most of the fellow drivers and part timers. Some are not team players and only care about themselves. Some are little rats that go tell managers about coming grievances.

The managers used to be cool before the stock went public. Fair but Firm.

They used to be honest and fairly clean about how they went about treating workers.

Now the managers in my hub are almost all dirty, lying cut throats. They will set you up just for kicks.

The job has taken a toll on my body more and more with each passing year. And it is not getting any cooler during the summers that last 6-8 months down south.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I'm not trying to argue or anything, but could you elaborate a little more on how women are treated better than men? In my center, there's probably around 40 people working the local sort. There's around.. maybe 6 or 7 women, including me (and no, we're not all in smalls.) Almost everyone on my shift, men and women, comes in smiling and in a good mood, and there is just a good atmosphere all around. Like I said before, I might have just lucked out with my shift, supes, and building. However, I know that it's not JUST me or JUST the women who enjoy working for UPS.

I can't elaborate more, such as give examples or even situations. That is just the way it is in my eyes. One of the most biting negatives with regards to working for UPS is the favortism, and definitly gender plays a role in some of the circumstances. I have worked 3 buildings for more than several years each and have seen it play out quite a bit. This is NOT only UPS, but the Teamsters as well! everyone has their own experiences and I respect the fact other people would feel differently given different viewpoints.

flltmmr

I love my job! I love driving, I love working outdoors, I love working with the customers, I love fast-paced physical work, I love the company, I love the job security, I love the benefits, and I love the relative independence of the job. What I HATE is the incessant overtime! I am not going to ramble on about it as the topic is covered by many, many different threads and hundreds, if not more, posts, but in the end it is going to cause my eventual departure from the company. If it were not for the economy I would all ready most likely be gone. I have thought about a combo job but seeing as how the company is bent on dissolving those positions, I have no choice and waiting another 7 years for feeders is out of the question as well.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Everyday that I report for work is a mystery; I honestly don't know what I will be doing day to day. They use me as bulk shuttle driver, a misload shuttle driver, a carwasher, customer counter, picking up hazmat at the airport, getting working diads to drivers, going out and helping drivers with over 70lbs, doing oca , basically I'm someone's bitch.

A

anonymous6

For those of you who mildly dislike their jobs here or really disdain them and don't want to quit ( or can't ) here are a couple tips on making it more bearable. i have made some study on this subject.

1. most of us are shareholders,no? then think and act like you are the CEO of the company and that your actions really have an impact. (they do )

2. help someone out, either a co worker or a manager. study after study shows that when we are helping other people, our levels of satisfaction and happiness grows.

works for me when I am on my meds.

share your ideas too.

OP

Livin the Dream?

Disillusioned UPSer
For those of you who mildly dislike their jobs here or really disdain them and don't want to quit ( or can't ) here are a couple tips on making it more bearable. i have made some study on this subject.

1. most of us are shareholders,no? then think and act like you are the CEO of the company and that your actions really have an impact. (they do )

2. help someone out, either a co worker or a manager. study after study shows that when we are helping other people, our levels of satisfaction and happiness grows.

share your ideas too.

OP

Drugs. Lots & lots of drugs. Beer too.

over9five

Staff member

share your ideas too.

OP

3. If posiible, take your lunch with other UPSers. Helps to know others have the same concerns as you. As we all know, there is no-one who understands our jobs except another UPSer.

upsgrunt

I feel like this job is like any other job- there are good and bad parts, and it is what you make it. I enjoy it 85% of the time, but like any other profession there are days that never end.

Do you think a proctologist wakes up every morning excited about looking at dirty A-holes all day?:sick:

over9five

Staff member
Do you think a proctologist wakes up every morning excited about looking at dirty A-holes all day?:sick:

Which raises the question, Why would anyone choose that profession? Who would wake up ANY morning excited about looking up....

What makes someone want to be a proctologist?

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
Which raises the question, Why would anyone choose that profession? Who would wake up ANY morning excited about looking up....

For the Money!!! They say these days because of the economy you can find it stashed just about anywhere!!:happy-very:

Livin the Dream?

Disillusioned UPSer

Probably smarter than all of us. They realized that, no matter what career they took, they were going to be dealing with A-Holes all day long anyway, might as well get paid for it.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
3. If posiible, take your lunch with other UPSers. Helps to know others have the same concerns as you. As we all know, there is no-one who understands our jobs except another UPSer.
There's very few of those here that I would want to take lunch with.

MechanicForBrown

Prblm found,part on order
I feel like this job is like any other job- there are good and bad parts, and it is what you make it. I enjoy it 85% of the time, but like any other profession there are days that never end.

:doctor:

:rofl: