Does UPS care at all about employee morale?

22.34life

No they didn't.... The union workforce with 25+ years are a generation of workers that UPS is going to greatly miss. I don't what happened but the people hired in the last 10-15 years are worthless...

to some extent this is true but for different reasons than what you believe.i have worked here going on 12 years and when i got hired turnover was high but the people that stayed were quality.now they hold these guys hands and everbody makes senority.in my first 30 days they worked the smile* out of me ,they tried to make me quit.i had no training sup and had to do everything on my own if i had a question i had to ask a coworker.i loaded a trailer,i ran all the recycles, i picked up everbodys irregs,i was the first person on the clock and the last one to leave.after 30 days i was born again hard and they new i wouldnt quit because they had already gave me the worst.this is the problem today now they baby these guys and then the make senority and they quit because the job is way harder than the 1st 30 days.it should be sink or swim,this job aint for everybody if you dont want to work hard get the friend* out and get some nice pu**y desk job.

UPSSOCKS

The same can be said about the last 20 years of CEO's at UPS.

Yeah they have done such a horrible job, UPS is almost bankrupt.. Get real "name witheld" I would withhold my name to if I talked about things I knew nothing about... Go to UPS.com and take a look at the investor relations section, and check the financial statements for the last ten years........

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Yeah they have done such a horrible job, UPS is almost bankrupt.. Get real "name witheld" I would withhold my name to if I talked about things I knew nothing about... Go to UPS.com and take a look at the investor relations section, and check the financial statements for the last ten years........

The numbers look great thanks to all the morale killing initiatives.

browned out

Of course they care about morale. Lets keep it low is what I have always heard and they also used to give away alot of rats asses, i guess. I remember them saying "like I give a rat's ass"

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
Yeah they have done such a horrible job, UPS is almost bankrupt. Get real "name witheld" I would withhold my name to if I talked about things I knew nothing about...

Anyone else noticing the irony here? Because we are all to believe that this guys birth certificate reads "UPS SOCKS"? Dullard.

Go to UPS.com and take a look at the investor relations section, and check the financial statements for the last ten years........

Yes, great idea. I'm interested in buying UPS stock but want objective research on it, so I'll visit UPS.com's investor relations. Surely they'll tell me about the shortcomings of the company and its stock! Though I do like the option on that cute little page of yours @ Investor Relations that allows you to compare UPS stock to up to two others. I got a chuckle when I compared it to Fed Ex. It's no wonder you'll spend 50 years working at this company before you can retire. You've been dropping $57 a share for years on a stock that closed at $56 yesterday. Real smart. Oh wait, I forgot, you're handed stock to sit in your air coniditioned office all day. Silly me.

UPSSOCKS

Anyone else noticing the irony here? Because we are all to believe that this guys birth certificate reads "UPS SOCKS"? Dullard.

Go to UPS.com and take a look at the investor relations section, and check the financial statements for the last ten years........

Yes, great idea. I'm interested in buying UPS stock but want objective research on it, so I'll visit UPS.com's investor relations. Surely they'll tell me about the shortcomings of the company and its stock! Though I do like the option on that cute little page of yours @ Investor Relations that allows you to compare UPS stock to up to two others. I got a chuckle when I compared it to Fed Ex. It's no wonder you'll spend 50 years working at this company before you can retire. You've been dropping $57 a share for years on a stock that closed at $56 yesterday. Real smart. Oh wait, I forgot, you're handed stock to sit in your air coniditioned office all day. Silly me.

What you don't understand is UPS stock and the company is more profitable than Fedex...... In 2009 Net profit margin and operating profit margin blew away Fedex, UPS also did better with return on total assets, and killed Fedex on return on equity. Guess who has a better Basics Earnings Power... UPS.... If your in it for a short while Fedex is the way to go but UPS stock is something you retire very wealthy with.......

FracusBrown

Ponies and Planes
What you don't understand is UPS stock and the company is more profitable than Fedex...... In 2009 Net profit margin and operating profit margin blew away Fedex, UPS also did better with return on total assets, and killed Fedex on return on equity. Guess who has a better Basics Earnings Power... UPS.... If your in it for a short while Fedex is the way to go but UPS stock is something you retire very wealthy with.......

Not really true anymore. Do a comparison of UPS, FDX and the S & P 500 for the last 10 years. FDX is ahead of UPS by 100%. UPS slightly leads the S&P. UPS stock is worth less today than it was 10 years ago. You could have invested in savings bonds and be ahead of where an investment in UPS is today compared to 10 years ago.

UPSSOCKS

Not really true anymore. Do a comparison of UPS, FDX and the S & P 500 for the last 10 years. FDX is ahead of UPS by 100%. UPS slightly leads the S&P. UPS stock is worth less today than it was 10 years ago. You could have invested in savings bonds and be ahead of where an investment in UPS is today compared to 10 years ago.

Compare 2009's financial statements.... What are you talking about... Do you know how to read a financial statement???

NHDRVR

Profit at the expense of morale... Nothing new there regardless of the company you work for. Stop and ask a customer you deliver to or a friend that works for a large company and you will hear similar stuff.

I can't come up with another company, though, that gives out as much OT to employees that don't want it.

Anybody know of one?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Profit at the expense of morale... Nothing new there regardless of the company you work for. Stop and ask a customer you deliver to or a friend that works for a large company and you will hear similar stuff.

I can't come up with another company, though, that gives out as much OT to employees that don't want it.

Anybody know of one?

Hospitals. My ex is an RN and I can recall many times when she would have to stay beyond her shift (mandated overtime) due to staffing shortages or other emergency conditions.

I still average only 2 hours OT each week.