Don't Work Harder Because It Is Peak

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
So you finally respond like an adult and not with some sarcastic BS, it's about time. Anyway, this guy was trained the same way all of us were trained. The split route he needed help on is done by all sorts of different cover drivers with none of them needing help. Yet he needed help 3 days in a row. It's not like he was out blind or something. I dont know why you keep defending this guy and putting it all on management. Like I said before, management does indeed screw us a bunch. But this wasn't one of those times.

As far as me yelling, you damn right I'm gonna voice my displeasure with having to help the same guy with a simple split car 3 times in a row. Especially if the stop count is reasonable on all of those days. If he can't safely go fast enough to finish that route in 14 hours then maybe this ain't the job for him. Hey, the job isn't for everyone. Lucky for him he already (somehow) qualified.

I would of given you the stops
Then told you to friend* off

Northbaypkg

20 NDA stops daily
you mean the people who use safe working methods?

the runners are all broken down way before they retire and have a miserable retirement due to all their health problems.

So it's impossible to use safe work methods and still not need help everyday? There's plenty of guys in my building with 20+ years of driving who get 11-13 hours a day working safe and never need help. How is that?

Dr.Brownz

So you finally respond like an adult and not with some sarcastic BS, it's about time. Anyway, this guy was trained the same way all of us were trained. The split route he needed help on is done by all sorts of different cover drivers with none of them needing help. Yet he needed help 3 days in a row. It's not like he was out blind or something. I dont know why you keep defending this guy and putting it all on management. Like I said before, management does indeed screw us a bunch. But this wasn't one of those times.

As far as me yelling, you damn right I'm gonna voice my displeasure with having to help the same guy with a simple split car 3 times in a row. Especially if the stop count is reasonable on all of those days. If he can't safely go fast enough to finish that route in 14 hours then maybe this ain't the job for him. Hey, the job isn't for everyone. Lucky for him he already (somehow) qualified.
You dont know how crappy his load was or how bricked the truck was with 150lbs packages. Not the new guys fault alll the those cover drivers skipped their lunch and breaks and ran to get done.

But its all good, I dont want to keep your centers biggest asset tied up making posts on browncafe!

Last edited by a moderator:

Dr.Brownz

Man last year was my first peak and i have been dreading it all year lol i still don't get why they don't give you half the load organized then go back to the building or have an on road bring the second half later in the day it would be WAY more efficient. i spent at least 8 hours of my day just trying to get enough stuff off to restack my truck so i could start cooking but by then i only have like 3 hrs until i have to go back to the building and spend a good hour scanning missed packages and then my lunch and break. i also didn't realize all the guys were working their 14 hrs they kept sending messages to get off the clock at 12.5 hrs so friday i would have hours while everyone else had 8 hr days on friday lol rookie mistakes.. mon-thurs this year I'm working the max hours so i can go home at 5-6 friday..

They dont use common sense because all that matters is some number on a report somewhere. Reality doesnt matter; service doesnt matter

Dr.Brownz

Should have added in the first post for all the first peak drivers (this is a good one)

Do not buy a flashlight to use at work. UPS would buy you one if they wanted you to have one when you are delivering in the dark. Instead use the light on the DIAD. Incase you don't know press the organge button and then select the flashlight from the pop up menu. Tough :censored2: if it makes the DIAD run out of charge quicker (did you know using the light up keys feature does too?)Be sure to check EDD at every stop (never allow the DIAD screen to turn black because that means you arn't working hard enough LOL)

Northbaypkg

20 NDA stops daily
Because they have no balls (wont file for 9.5)

These guys could have filed for 9.5 a long time ago if they wanted. They like the hours so they don't. They could get dispatched with 9.5 hours of work and will still come back in 11 or 12 hours and laugh anytime a sup tries to tell them about over allowed. How is that having no balls?

Northbaypkg

20 NDA stops daily
You dont know how crappy his load was or how bricked the truck was with 150lbs packages. Not the new guys fault alll the those cover drivers skipped their lunch and breaks and ran to get done.

But its all good, I dont want to keep your centers biggest asset tied up making posts on browncafe!

Ok I can understand a crappy load or bricked out car one day or so. But three days in a row that's your excuse? Even then, boo freaking hoo. Every driver on this site has had to deal with those circumstances plenty of times I bet. Did you need help every single time it happened? Or was it a longer day than normal but you got it done?

Anyhow you keep making all the excuses in the world for this 'new' guy. But at 2 years in he was hardly new, I just called him new since he had less seniority than me. And no, all the cover drivers didn't run or skip breaks. After a while of working in your center you can get the feel for who the runner gunners are, who the regular pace guys are, and who the slackers are. Normal pace cover drivers will do that route with no issue.

But it's cool, keep making more excuses for the 'new' guy.

Dr.Brownz

These guys could have filed for 9.5 a long time ago if they wanted. They like the hours so they don't. They could get dispatched with 9.5 hours of work and will still come back in 11 or 12 hours and laugh anytime a sup tries to tell them about over allowed. How is that having no balls?

So if they like the hours what the issue of helping someone else out then?

El Correcto

god is dead
I sound a lot like this new guy. I don't mind when people get pissy, I get it you want to go home and not have to help. I always recommend the 9.5 list if you don't want to take on more hours. Not bitching at someone who will stay out there as long as it takes and not run a single step or work a single minute of their 12 o clock sharp lunch.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Ok I can understand a crappy load or bricked out car one day or so. But three days in a row that's your excuse? Even then, boo freaking hoo. Every driver on this site has had to deal with those circumstances plenty of times I bet. Did you need help every single time it happened? Or was it a longer day than normal but you got it done?

Anyhow you keep making all the excuses in the world for this 'new' guy. But at 2 years in he was hardly new, I just called him new since he had less seniority than me. And no, all the cover drivers didn't run or skip breaks. After a while of working in your center you can get the feel for who the runner gunners are, who the regular pace guys are, and who the slackers are. Normal pace cover drivers will do that route with no issue.

But it's cool, keep making more excuses for the 'new' guy.
If you don't want to help slow down and file 9.5 is that simple.

Maybe you should worry more about you and less about the other drivers in your area.

Northbaypkg

20 NDA stops daily
If you don't want to help slow down and file 9.5 is that simple.

Maybe you should worry more about you and less about the other drivers in your area.
Well for the last 5 months no slowing down was necessary. The load is so much now that by the time I'm finished with my own stuff it's already 8:30.

Anyway I love the OT hours. I don't mind helping once or twice a week at all. But the same guy needing help 3 days in a row to me is pushing it.

As for worrying about only myself, that would be a lot easier to do if I didn't have to help the same slacker over and over. Once again, I haven't had that problem lately. The story I told was one from almost a year ago. Since that time I haven't had to help him at all again. No other driver has ever needed help more than once in a week, let alone 3 times in a row.

Dr.Brownz

Ok I can understand a crappy load or bricked out car one day or so. But three days in a row that's your excuse? y.

Yeah I forgot UPS instituted that rule that you can only have a crappy, bricked out load one day a week and every other day it is perfect. And I'm sure no extra bulk stops or areas were added to the route right?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Well for the last 5 months no slowing down was necessary. The load is so much now that by the time I'm finished with my own stuff it's already 8:30.

Anyway I love the OT hours. I don't mind helping once or twice a week at all. But the same guy needing help 3 days in a row to me is pushing it.

As for worrying about only myself, that would be a lot easier to do if I didn't have to help the same slacker over and over. Once again, I haven't had that problem lately. The story I told was one from almost a year ago. Since that time I haven't had to help him at all again. No other driver has ever needed help more than once in a week, let alone 3 times in a row.
It's management's job to worry about him. Not yours end of story.

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy

Here we have a guy just barely off his 30 days and they let him shuttle for 8-10 hours a day and go home..tried bumping him numerous times and they always pull route knowledge bull...he's not gonna learn any routes shuttling his entire life...not sure where I was going with this hahaha

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Here we have a guy just barely off his 30 days and they let him shuttle for 8-10 hours a day and go home..tried bumping him numerous times and they always pull route knowledge bull...he's not gonna learn any routes shuttling his entire life...not sure where I was going with this hahaha
Time for a shot