DOT vs NON-DOT

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
At Express, operating any asset which you haven't been specifically certified to operate by the company will get you into serious hot water if you're caught - regardless of whether it's on the road or within the confines of the facility. Heaven help you if you're involved in any sort of incident while doing so.

It will be fine

At Express, operating any asset which you haven't been specifically certified to operate by the company will get you into serious hot water if you're caught - regardless of whether it's on the road or within the confines of the facility. Heaven help you if you're involved in any sort of incident while doing so.
I know, there's a golf cart at our terminal and people have to be certified to drive it. It's hilarious. So when they drop you guys down to non-dot do they take away the internal certification on the larger vehicles?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Why would it be unsafe or illegal? It doesn't require a CDL.

As Route 66 stated, you can be terminated for operating any vehicle for which you have not been trained or certified. At the ramp, I used to routinely hop on a tug and move dollies...no longer. At a station, you only operate the vehicle(s) you are signed-off on.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I know, there's a golf cart at our terminal and people have to be certified to drive it. It's hilarious. So when they drop you guys down to non-dot do they take away the internal certification on the larger vehicles?

Yep. We used to have an electric cart at the ramp, and they wouldn't let the RTDs drive it because they weren't certified. LOFL.

Purplepackage

We had a non dot guy parking trucks at night and he hit the mirror on another truck and broke it, he was on the verge on loosing his job becasue he wasn't certified.

As long as your certified having an accident is no big deal, sign this accident report and carry on your way. Becasue lets be honest unless you are Upstate you have probably had an accident before

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I'm not your cupcake little man , and my response to your stupid advise remains the same. Managers are not to be trusted to have an hourlie's back when there is a potential for their own job to be in jeopardy.
fedex should have thought about these scenarios before they moved all of those drivers to non-dot. Now its all "do me a favor and break this one little rule, you know for the sake of the operation and all." All the times I have seen managers be d rules to hit numbers etc then when something goes wrong throw that driver under the bus to save their own sorry :censored2:.
The best advise you can give a newbie is to never ever trust a member of fedex mgmt, (even the ones who act like your buddy),and if he insist on you breaking a rule, get it in writing. Otherwise he should move his own **** truck.

Awww, you're so cute when you're so mad that you can't spell! Like, TOTALLY!

My advice (or advise, if you will) is to not move it if you don't want to. Real difficult concept to grasp.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
i know of 2 CDL-A and 1 CDL-B drivers at my hub... scratches head on why they are here when they can clearly go out there and get more for their commercial drivers licenses

one guy said he got tired of the OTR stuff; well then get a local job, ie truck those ground trailers from hub-to-hub

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
You offered to explain annuities. The PPA is one, but you obviously don't even know it.

Alright. An annuity is a financial product that pays out structured payments after an upfront lump sum payment is made.

You couldn't have used Google to figure that out?