Driver Position = Package Handler??

AwashBwashCwash

I applied for 2 driver positions and both interviewers told me I would need to be a package handler first. is that true? I don't get it. why not just have a job posting for a package handler?

4323qexajuh.jpg

Gabey

I'm not sure what happened to this comment section but anyway - the job description specifically says it is a driver position... $21/hr. but the interviewer said I have to be a package handler first. why post a driver job but it's really just a package handler job. I don't get it?

Sweeper

Where’s the broom?
I'm not sure what happened to this comment section but anyway - the job description specifically says it is a driver position... $21/hr. but the interviewer said I have to be a package handler first. why post a driver job but it's really just a package handler job. I don't get it?
It’s commonly referred to as bait and switch. Get used to it if you are planning on taking a job here. They’ll outright lie frequently to fill positions.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

if you get hired you will understand it’s just a matter of time

UnionGuy

HR are scummy lairs. I remember last peak where a hub posted a link for seasonal driver position. My friend went and it turned out that only one person would get it but if they wanted to be PVD's they would be hired on the spot. He said everyone left and no one took the PVD offer.

Gabey

oh wow that's... interesting. yeah I definitely can't leave my current job to become a package handler so I will keep holding out for a driver position. so it's basically just a random chance to get an actual driver position through applying then?