Driver Stuck in resi driveway

clean hairy

"I was required to run what Orion said, and this is what happened"
Let Managment explain to the Authorities what this Orion thing is that gets Drivers stuck in a driveway!

Ring Sport

Managment wants everything done in a time efficient manner, DON'T WASTE TIME! It is pointed out to us frequently.
That said, they waste time with guys playing with sledge hammers and pieces of wood instead of getting a tow truck to get the package car unstuck?
Using common sense would have had quicker results.

Think about it. The bumper is right on the ground. How do you suppose a tow truck is going to get chains onto the axle and pull it out at a straight angle with the bumper on the ground? You can't hook the axle from the side and pull it out without risking screwing up brake lines and what not that would be attached to the backside of the wheel. As well as screwing up the body. And hooking the bumper is a big no no as you risk pulling the whole backside of the package car off. I have seen that personally happen and the driver was charged with an accident because of it. Tow truck wasn't involved as it was a rural route and a farmer offered to pull him out of being stuck.

Brownwrench had the right idea, lumber and a floor jack.

PT Car Washer

Wrap a strap around the rear of the package car attached to the boom of the tow truck. Think big tow trucks. The big ones that are used for pulling tractor trailers out.

rod

Retired 22 years
Wrap a strap around the rear of the package car attached to the boom of the tow truck. Think big tow trucks. The big ones that are used for pulling tractor trailers out.

Wrap a good size 6" snatch strap around the bumper----hook to good size vehicle--give it hell---snatch ups truck backwards probably bending rear bumper up a ways--find a good strong loading dock-- back into it faster than you normally would--bumper is bent back into shape--go about you business.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Wrap a good size 6" snatch strap around the bumper----hook to good size vehicle--give it hell---snatch ups truck backwards probably bending rear bumper up a ways--find a good strong loading dock-- back into it faster than you normally would--bumper is bent back into shape--go about you business.
Any UPS facility with a mechanic worth his salt has a designated "bumper pole" or "bumper wall" specifically for that purpose.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
I push and pull quite a few into shape that way, but they often get a raised area because of stretched metal. Then it's friction wheel and welder time.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Think about it. The bumper is right on the ground. How do you suppose a tow truck is going to get chains onto the axle and pull it out at a straight angle with the bumper on the ground? You can't hook the axle from the side and pull it out without risking screwing up brake lines and what not that would be attached to the backside of the wheel. As well as screwing up the body. And hooking the bumper is a big no no as you risk pulling the whole backside of the package car off. I have seen that personally happen and the driver was charged with an accident because of it. Tow truck wasn't involved as it was a rural route and a farmer offered to pull him out of being stuck.

Brownwrench had the right idea, lumber and a floor jack.
Had a hitch on an old P1000. Got hitch stuck into pavement going a a decent incline to a business.

Shop came out. Jacks, 2x4's, tow straps, etc. Could not free it.

After about half hour of trying, called a tow truck. Business had 2 entrances. He got in front of me, hooked cable to front axle and pulled me free in about 2 minutes.

Funny part was that tow company was right across the street and they were going historical watching mechanics try to jack it up and use 2x4's.

They did not even charge a penny. They were more than happy just to show UPS "how it's done."

Tortuga

I AM THE MiLKMAN
Not going to lie, this happened to me. A neighbor saw the whole thing and ran over with a 3 ton floor jack and some 2x4s. The jack was able to lift each side enough to stick some of the wood underneath the tires. I got it out and was able to complete the rest of my day lol. Best part about it was that management never knew what happened.

Est.1998

Not going to lie, this happened to me. A neighbor saw the whole thing and ran over with a 3 ton floor jack and some 2x4s. The jack was able to lift each side enough to stick some of the wood underneath the tires. I got it out and was able to complete the rest of my day lol. Best part about it was that management never knew what happened.
1605666716814.jpeg

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly

67EF1AF3-CB6B-491E-A114-08E5F5D1DB73.gif