Drivers- Best Shoes

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
And? The weight of the shoe has nothing to do with your legs getting tired either.
With all due respect, that's the most ridiculous thing I've read this week. Strap those exercise weight bands to each ankle and do our job for a day and tell me weight has nothing to do with legs getting tired.

Less work = less muscle fatigue plain and simple. The rest of what you posted makes sense including the type of shoe, insole, orthotic, etc.

watdaflock?

Again you dodge the issue. Why won't you answer a simple question?
Because the discussion here is best shoes for tired feet and legs not years experience driving.

Years driving a truck has absolutely nothing to do with the subject at hand and the facts you've learned from my posts.

oldngray

nowhere special
Because the discussion here is best shoes for tired feet and legs not years experience driving.

Years driving a truck has absolutely nothing to do with the subject at hand and the facts you've learned from my posts.

You again demonstrate your ignorance of what doing the job requires. And this thread is titled Drivers - Best Shoes, not tired feet and legs.

watdaflock?

Strap those exercise weight bands to each ankle and do our job for a day and tell me weight has nothing to do with legs getting tired.
Please don't try changing the subject. How many drivers you know that also wear ankle weights?

To be more clear - saving a few grams of weight in shoes does not make a difference.
If you're a driver who likes to deliver packages with ankle weights you most likely would notice a difference with out......duh'.

watdaflock?

First answer my previous question. How many years have you driven. If any at all?

The amount of years has nothing to do with our discussion and the scientific facts on what causes your legs and feet to be tired does not change, because of seniority as a driver.

watdaflock?

My shoes fit fine....if we are meant to wear wet socks....why do we always put on dry ones?

Nobody said we are meant to wear wet socks. Now you're just getting silly.
My point was wet socks do not cause blisters, shoes which do not fit properly do. Blisters are caused by friction. The friction of the blister comes from your shoe not a wet sock.

Just providing another fact......

oldngray

nowhere special
The amount of years has nothing to do with our discussion and the scientific facts on what causes your legs and feet to be tired does not change, because of seniority as a driver.

So obviously you have never driven and refuse to admit it. If you had any experience actually doing the job you would understand what everyone else has been trying to explain to you. Driving a package car is NOT sitting down and driving most of the time nor is it like working in the hub for fewer hours each day while standing on flat surfaces.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
So obviously you have never driven and refuse to admit it. If you had any experience actually doing the job you would understand what everyone else has been trying to explain to you. Driving a package car is NOT sitting down and driving most of the time nor is it like working in the hub for fewer hours each day while standing on flat surfaces.
Exactly....strap on some heavy boots and walk up and down a inclined gravel driveway carrying a package for a few hours....see how your legs feel.

watdaflock?

Your wasting your time at UPS. You should have become a podiatrist.

I'm just somebody who actually likes to learn, especially about the health subect.
Funny how much our Union and UPS management preaches about living healthy yet so many of you are clueless about basic biomechanics and how the body works.