Drivers- Best Shoes

watdaflock?

I'd love to know the BMI of all these people saying how lighter shoes makes such a big difference.
They all must be skinny/ripped and can dramatically tell the difference of a few grams in their shoes.

Your feet getting tired does not have to do with the weight of the shoe. Your feet get tired because of not enough cushioning, support and how the shoe fits/forms to your foot.

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
I'd love to know the BMI of all these people saying how lighter shoes makes such a big difference.
They all must be skinny/ripped and can dramatically tell the difference of a few grams in their shoes.

Your feet getting tired does not have to do with the weight of the shoe. Your feet get tired because of not enough cushioning, support and how the shoe fits/forms to your foot.
Thats why gel insoles are a good investment especially with a running shoe.

oldngray

nowhere special
Thats why gel insoles are a good investment especially with a running shoe.

Agreed. Nothing beats a quality shoe but that still doesn't defeat the physics of the extra strain caused by heavier shoes. You want support especially in arches but all else being equal a lighter shoe will always be better.

watdaflock?

I am 6' tall and weigh 165 lbs. My feet/legs get tired more quickly when I wear boots instead of sneakers.

And? The weight of the shoe has nothing to do with your legs getting tired either.
How shoes are made and the curvature of the last makes the difference. How you walk and your footstrike and pronation issues has to do with your feet getting tired.
ea4011_lasts.gif

and "LOL" at the ignorant people disagreeing with me.

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
And? The weight of the shoe has nothing to do with your legs getting tired either.
How shoes are made and the curvature of the last makes the difference. How you walk and your footstrike and pronation issues has to do with your feet getting tired.
ea4011_lasts.gif
Go to CVS and get on their foot machine then buy the appropriate foot inserts. They make a difference despite the 49 dollar price. I've got bunions and shifts the foot so its more comfortable.

oldngray

nowhere special
ea4011_lasts.gif

and "LOL" at the ignorant people disagreeing with me.

How many years have you driven?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular

My last ups injury...when I went to the UPS doctor after my shift...they weighed me with my work boots. I was curious so I took them off and weighed myself again...7 lbs difference. That extra weight will tire your legs if you're not used to it.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

How shoes are made and the curvature of the last makes the difference. How you walk and your footstrike and pronation issues has to do with your feet getting tired....and "LOL" at the ignorant people disagreeing with me.

You can LOL all you want but it is my experience that my feet and legs get tired more quickly when I wear my boots instead of my sneakers and, yes, I use insoles that I change between shoes.

oldngray

nowhere special
My last ups injury...when I went to the UPS doctor after my shift...they weighed me with my work boots. I was curious so I took them off and weighed myself again...7 lbs difference. That extra weight will tire your legs if you're not used to it.

7 pounds doesn't sound like a lot but every pound makes a difference when you climb up and down from a truck a couple of hundred times a day.

watdaflock?

My last ups injury...when I went to the UPS doctor after my shift...they weighed me with my work boots ...and i was curious si I took them off and weighed myself again...7 lbs difference..that extra weight will tire your legs if you're not used to it.

Did you also see a podiatrist and show him your three and a half pound boots? I question how well those boots fit your foot too. Did they slip at all and actually support your foot?

watdaflock?

You can LOL all you want but it is my experience that my feet and legs get tired more quickly when I wear my boots instead of my sneakers and, yes, I use insoles that I change between shoes.

When is the last time you've been fitted for shoes by a foot expert? Have you ever been checked for pronation issues?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Did you also see a podiatrist and show him your three and a half pound boots? I question how well those boots fit your foot too. Did they slip at all and actually support your foot?
They are extemely comfortable....I've worn them on 18 hr ups workdays in the summer heat. Granted...I put on fresh, dry socks halfway through my day...but I never even got a blister. I only go to my podiatrist for cortisone shots...and she didn't recommend custom orthodeics