Drivers list.

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by jacobram, Aug 18, 2014.

1. jacobram

jacobram Member

When you want to go FT PC driving, is there a list that you put your name on or do you sign a bid sheet like every other job that opens?

Sent using BrownCafe App
  2. Funfact

Funfact Well-Known Member

You do both. They usually put up a list for PT wanting to go FT at the beginning of the year sign it and sign every driving bid that they put up.

In my area they have a 3 displacement limit bids if after that they place a PT in the open position those PT come from the list they put up at the beginning of the year by seniority of the people on that list. So if there are higher seniority PT wanting to go FT but they never signed that list and you did you get picked before they do if the bidding would have met a four move. That how I got my position.

If they put a route up for bid it goes by seniority of who ever signs that bid.
  3. jaker

jaker trolling

Do employees ever talk to each other anymore
    • Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 4
    • List
  4. Go Brown Or Go Home!

Go Brown Or Go Home! Active Member

And the search button is definitely broke!
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  5. Box Ox

Box Ox Would rather be driving an E-frame

Bid sheets go up earlier in the year. Sign them all as you never know who might not qualify or back out. You might want to give holiday temp driving a shot as management won't run the numbers on you and you'll get a feel for whether you'd definitely like to leave PT for it forever or opt for PT and another job. Summer temp driving will give you the best idea as you're given more feedback on how you're doing and have a chance to experience how hot the inside of a package car can get.
  6. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

Usually, Mama or Papa does everything.
  7. Go Brown Or Go Home!

Go Brown Or Go Home! Active Member

Where I'm at you go to HR and sign a intent to drive sheet. Then once your a driver you sign bid sheets.
  8. BigBeef42

BigBeef42 Active Member

Our bid sheets are posted near the hub entrance when jobs come up.

Also check HR bro

Less Runnin, More Stunnin
  9. upschuck

upschuck Well-Known Member

Our bid sheets are posted on each work areas bulletin board. 5-6 areas.
  10. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

You need to ask at your building. Things are different depending on where you are.
  11. TooTechie

TooTechie Geek in Brown

Yeah a product of the I'd rather text you than talk to you generation.
  12. superballs63

superballs63 Well-Known Troll Troll

Well, if they would text other drivers, then perhaps they would know how these things work.