Drop Out of Your 401k

vantexan

Whats pathetic is you`re paranoid delusional. Doe`s FedEx` insure cover that like UPS` does? Or is ours.........superior?
Paranoid delusional suggests I feel I'm being attacked by things that aren't there. Go read your posts, plenty of attacks. Observe FedEx policies over the last 17 or 18 years. Systematic year over year takeaways to bolster profits. Compare what they offer now to a newhire as opposed to 20 years ago. And I read in the papers that this is across the board. You can't relate or you'd know what we're experiencing. Instead you make it personal. You don't want my idea to catch on so attack me at every turn. I'm Scots-Irish, you know, those guys who've fought for generations in Northern Ireland. The more you attack the more I dig in and resist. Keep it up!

Paranoid delusional suggests I feel I'm being attacked by things that aren't there.
Like evil forces that make you leave a job for greener grass, come back to the same job you were unsatisfied with after the business failed (needed a smarter CEO?), didn`t take personal responsibility to plan ahead for your future, and won`t let you drag others into some crazy plan to attack billionaires like ants to an elephant? Your right, nothing wrong there.

I'm Scots-Irish, you know, those guys who've fought for generations in Northern Ireland. The more you attack the more I dig in and resist.
Wife`s Irish. You don`t scare me by a long shot.

Keep it up!

bbsam

Staff member
There's a future at FedEx if you are willing to exploit others for money. There was a bright future in the Nazi Party at one time too.
Hey, we all have our crosses to bear. Welcome to hard-core capitalism. Hang on. The ride's just begun.

vantexan

You can't. This one is global.
I know a beach town, popular with backpackers, where daily highs are in the 60's and 70's year-round due to an ocean current that moderates it. Record low was 52. Good surf, safe, alot of cheap apts and restaurants, everything's walkable, great seafood. Good, cheap transport to nearby large city with a new mall 10 mins away with an 8 screen Cinemark multiplex. Can live there easily on $650 a month, could get by on $300 if you had to. These guys think I've not done my homework for my future but they don't begin to know the research I've done. Having a large house in a nice neighborhood with all that entails doesn't appeal to me. I've lived in a travel trailer in RV parks for 11 years now. Walked for much of that. Keeping up with the Joneses...I hear ya.

vantexan

Watch those prices when the U.S. defaults and global markets panic.
Well as the Dollar is the world's reserve currency if it goes down so will their's. The Euro is in greater danger and if Greece, Portugal and Ireland don't get their act together there will be flight from the Euro into the Dollar. The Dollar isn't what it was, but it's good enough for awhile. Portugal's bonds were downgraded to junk a few days ago. Not good...

vantexan

And the natives get desperate and go up the hill after the rich (to them) Americano.
You demonstrate a typical American's knowledge of the world. There are millions of Americans living overseas. They aren't getting slaughtered in the streets. For example Guatemala had a 36 year civil war. There were thousands of Americans living there all through the war. For all it's troubles there are an estimated 1 million Americans living in Mexico. Did you know Walmart, Costco, Sam's Club, Home Depot and others are all over Mexico? Heck, Walmart is in Argentina. Not to mention all the American restaurant chains are there. BBSam is right, it's a global market now. And much of it is much safer than in major U.S. cities.

You demonstrate a typical American's knowledge of the world. There are millions of Americans living overseas. They aren't getting slaughtered in the streets. For example Guatemala had a 36 year civil war. There were thousands of Americans living there all through the war. For all it's troubles there are an estimated 1 million Americans living in Mexico. Did you know Walmart, Costco, Sam's Club, Home Depot and others are all over Mexico? Heck, Walmart is in Argentina. Not to mention all the American restaurant chains are there. BBSam is right, it's a global market now. And much of it is much safer than in major U.S. cities.

As I said, feel free to move.

LTFedExer

Agreed, but the $32hr driver lives much better than the average FedEx driver in NYC. And FedEx drivers in Podunk will be on the lowest payscale, so can't even begin to compare them to the UPS driver.
Isn't that you've been doing since you started posting? These threads aren't because you don't make 'enough' money. These threads exist because UPS drivers make more than you.
Touched a nerve with you guys, huh? Go back and read your posts. You talk about how I want to bring everyone down to my level. You feel superior, rub it in every chance you get. Your American Dream is overpriced, and you've spent your life chasing your tail trying to obtain it. So much so that you can't understand anyone that doesn't share your values. Pathetic.
Negative. You put yourself at a lower level.
I know a beach town, popular with backpackers, where daily highs are in the 60's and 70's year-round due to an ocean current that moderates it. Record low was 52. Good surf, safe, alot of cheap apts and restaurants, everything's walkable, great seafood. Good, cheap transport to nearby large city with a new mall 10 mins away with an 8 screen Cinemark multiplex. Can live there easily on $650 a month, could get by on $300 if you had to. These guys think I've not done my homework for my future but they don't begin to know the research I've done. Having a large house in a nice neighborhood with all that entails doesn't appeal to me. I've lived in a travel trailer in RV parks for 11 years now. Walked for much of that. Keeping up with the Joneses...I hear ya.
If I remember right, you're 49. Let's see if those prices hold true when you retire.

vantexan

Isn't that you've been doing since you started posting? These threads aren't because you don't make 'enough' money. These threads exist because UPS drivers make more than you.Negative. You put yourself at a lower level. If I remember right, you're 49. Let's see if those prices hold true when you retire.
No, you've obviously missed where I've said here and many times elsewhere that all I'm asking for is to top out in a reasonable time, that I'm not expecting UPS pay. Just pointing out from above that if a UPS driver in NYC struggles at $32hr, imagine what an average FedEx driver there goes through. Keep in mind that an average driver for FedEx, on the "J" payscale, the 2nd highest, doesn't reach top out in 3 years like a UPS driver, but is strung along for decades if he's mid-range. As the average family in much of Latin America gets by on the equivalent of $200 to $400 a month, I don't expect prices to get out of hand soon. And at 49, I plan to be there in 3 years. What's your plan?

LTFedExer

No, you've obviously missed where I've said here and many times elsewhere that all I'm asking for is to top out in a reasonable time, that I'm not expecting UPS pay. Just pointing out from above that if a UPS driver in NYC struggles at $32hr, imagine what an average FedEx driver there goes through. Keep in mind that an average driver for FedEx, on the "J" payscale, the 2nd highest, doesn't reach top out in 3 years like a UPS driver, but is strung along for decades if he's mid-range. As the average family in much of Latin America gets by on the equivalent of $200 to $400 a month, I don't expect prices to get out of hand soon. And at 49, I plan to be there in 3 years. What's your plan?

Believe me, if you were at top pay now, you would still be complaining you don't make enough. Do you think UPS would re-negotiate their contract every X years if what they make is enough? But, the union has its own agenda I won't get into here. I don't need to imagine what a courier living in NYC goes through, I lived there. It's where I started with FedEx. I did not own a car (didn't need one) or a home (rented) and the company paid for my transportation to work. FYI, I didn't move for monetary reasons. I moved down South and took a $3.50/hr pay cut AND was PT vs FT in NY. The whole time putting money into my 401K. How? Make a budget and stick to it. You posted earlier that you got a 2% raise, yet you'd be willing to put your numbers up against anyone's. BULL......you don't get 2% because your numbers are good.

You go to work for a company. Whether that company is a multi-billion dollar company or a mom and pop grocery store makes no difference. The company decides how to pay you, how to give you raises, when/how long you top out, whether you get a pension or not, etc etc. You can bitch and moan all you want. But, you still have 2 choices, take it or leave it. Would I like to make more money? I'd be a liar if I said no. But, I don't make the decisions, so I take what I get and make it work for me. I budget for a 35 hour week and anything over that is a bonus that goes to savings AFTER I put 11% into my 401K. If you can't do that, you should take another look at your finances.

As for prices in SA getting out of hand 'anytime soon'. Remember, you have quite a few years left and they go by fast.

vantexan

LTFedExer, you aren't very bright, are you? That year I got 2% everyone got either 2 or 2.2%. I got 2% because of sick days. I've been tops in productivity in most places I've worked. I also don't have a wife working so I can't save like you can. I can say this until I croak but you still won't get it. And amigo, I'm there at 52 with enough savings until my pension starts at 55. SS will kick in at 62. I fully expect prices there to increase over time, but I'll have enough to deal with it. You on the other hand will stay here, pay through the nose, and struggle. And assume that's the way it is and better this than to live in a shack with no electricity and running water in Guatemala. You could be in a place like Guatemala with fantastic weather and scenery, better than Mississippi and I've lived in Hattiesburg, watching Satellite tv, buying extremely fresh fruit and veggies for 10% of what they cost in the States, enjoying life. But no, you live in the greatest country on Earth and you know better. I'm wasting my time posting this.

LTFedExer

LTFedExer, you aren't very bright, are you? That year I got 2% everyone got either 2 or 2.2%. I got 2% because of sick days.
What year was that? I'll check what I got that year when I get back to work.
I also don't have a wife working so I can't save like you can.
I'm not married.
better than Mississippi and I've lived in Hattiesburg
I lived in Brandon and worked out of Richland. I know the area fairly well.

Guarantee when I retire, I will be far from struggling. Hard to struggle when you're debt free.