Earn and learn program

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Kurt, Dec 4, 2013.

1. Kurt

Kurt New Member

Anyone know what majors in college or schools that cover this? Can i enroll while i already began work? I'm a driver, & i wish to know more
  2. Danimal705

Danimal705 New Member

Log in to upsers website using work info I believe and the link to tuition assistance is under My Life and Career tab. You should talk to someone in HR
  3. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

Harvard perhaps? Someone tell me how a driver can go to college? 10 pm classes? Late classes to them are 7 pm while we are still doing our last 10 stops!
  4. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Online and weekends?
  5. cosmo1

cosmo1 Just another internet hooligan.

The OP just started as a seasonal, folks.:hot:
  6. PiedmontSteward

PiedmontSteward RTW-4-Less

In case you're retained after peak as a PT hub employee
    , Earn and Learn covers up to $1,500/semester and ~$20/class for books at any accredited university. Your local community and/or state college probably qualifies. It's not offered at all hubs, only at hubs located in typical college towns.
  7. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

Do they tax that money?
  8. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Good question. I would think that the IRS would treat this as a scholarship that you would have to report on your taxes.
  9. PiedmontSteward

PiedmontSteward RTW-4-Less

There's a questionnaire at the end of the reimbursement application -- if the tuition is going towards a degree/certification that could help you find a new job and isn't required to keep your current job, it's considered taxable.