Emmanuel AME

upschuck

The irony of upschuck's argument is that the only outcome of Eden was for sin to prevail. Otherwise the whole construct as we know it would collapse in upon itself as unworkable.
;)
Sin is prevailing now, but won't when, and only when He decides for it to end. His preference is for no one to perish, including you. Maybe He is waiting for you to see that.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Again, your normal sensibility goes out the window where guns are involved. That a system fails once does not mean that a system doesn't work. That it fails a hundred times doesn't mean a system doesn't work. Your "straw man" argument is the stuff of 9th grade civics debate.
I am merely pointing out that if the goal is actually to save lives, then warm-and-fuzzy feelgood crap like waiting periods and restrictions on magazine capacity isn't the way to go about it. The murderer in this case jumped through every single hoop that the anti-gun side cries out for, he passed the background check and the waiting period, and he took his legally purchased, low-capacity, non-assault weapon to a posted "gun free zone" and killed 9 unarmed people who were denied the means to defend themselves by a "common sense" law. I guess I don't see the common sense in that.

wkmac

Sin is prevailing now, but won't when, and only when He decides for it to end. His preference is for no one to perish, including you. Maybe He is waiting for you to see that.

My guess is he has far more important issues at hand to be concerned with that and I would completely agree with him too.

Besides, something just tells me he would never delay his masterplan just to accommodate me.
;)

upschuck

An all powerful, all knowing, all controlling deity knows the outcome and yet we still have a choice to defy what said deity knows is true.

Ok, got it.
He is not constrained by time that we are. He sees the whole timeline, not just the second that we are in presently, like we do.

Again he doesn't force you to chose Him, what is more satisfying, when your kids had to do something that you made them do begrudgingly, or when they happily did something, because their heart said it was the right thing to do. Same concept.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Roof's 2,500-word rant begins with saying he was not raised racist, but realized after his own efforts that 'drastic action' was necessary to stop the U.S. being taken over by minorities.

So TOS , another wrong assumption by you .

First things first. This little monster was raised by a family of bigots, racists and extremists. The symbolism alone in the many photos of this little white trash tell the story.

His and his family's infatuation with the numbers 1488.

Now, I know you and the other racists on this board probably have these numbers on your raised up 4 x 4 's (and it wouldnt surprise me at all) but lets take a quick look into the meaning.

According to the Southern Poverty Law Center’s glossary of racist skinhead terms, “Fourteen stands for the ‘14 words’ slogan coined by David Lane,” who died in 2007 while serving a 190-year sentence for his part in the assassination of a Jewish talk show host.

The slogan, according to the center, is

“‘We must secure the existence of our people and a future for white children.” The letter H is the eighth letter of the alphabet, so 88 is a known code for “Heil, Hitler.”"

Now, you dont embrace this symbolism unless you are the kind of dirtbag white trash that hates all people of color. This monster is in many photographs with those numbers somewhere in them.

YOU on the other hand, want to point to a sentence, that in YOUR mind, defines him not as a racist, but as ...... who knows what the heck you are trying to say, its just stupid nonetheless.

His manifesto contains this sentence, which clearly defines his RACISM, HATRED and BIGOTRY clearly.

“I have no choice. I am not in the position to, alone, go into the ghetto and fight. I chose Charleston because it is most historic city in my state, and at one time had the highest ratio of blacks to Whites in the country. We have no skinheads, no real KKK, no one doing anything but talking on the internet.
Well someone has to have the bravery to take it to the real world, and I guess that has to be me,”

To you of course, its normal everyday speech.

TOS.

Last edited by a moderator:

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
An all powerful, all knowing, all controlling deity knows the outcome and yet we still have a choice to defy what said deity knows is true.

Ok, got it.
I believe that God made us because He/She/It wants to be loved.

Love is an act of free will. The ability to love also requires having the ability to not love. Otherwise, its not really love at all. God gave humans free will because without it we would be little more than sheep and sheep get boring after awhile.

George Burns said it best when he portrayed God in "Oh, God Book Two." His excuse for the pain and horrors of the world were that he couldn't figure out how to make light without darkness, good without bad, love without hate, or free will without the ability to make the wrong choice instead of the right one. Makes sense to me.

wkmac

Sober, I was waiting for you to post. I am watching the US Open and am shocked at just bad the course looks. I thought the drought was limited to California.

Speaking of god, why doesn't he do something about Tiger. Sad to see such a dynamic player at where he is today.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
He is not constrained by time that we are. He sees the whole timeline, not just the second that we are in presently, like we do.

Again he doesn't force you to chose Him, what is more satisfying, when your kids had to do something that you made them do begrudgingly, or when they happily did something, because their heart said it was the right thing to do. Same concept.

Sorry Chuck, this stuff just makes me laugh.

As ALL the founding fathers said at some point in time, "to believe in blind folded faith is to be enslaved by religion".

What you are talking about is simply, BLIND FOLDED FAITH.

You cannot prove any of it. You cannot sustain an argument past closing your eyes and believing in it.

They were right.

TOS.

upschuck

My guess is he has far more important issues at hand to be concerned with that and I would completely agree with him too.

Besides, something just tells me he would never delay his masterplan just to accommodate me.
;)
A human soul is more important than anything else to Him, even His Son. You'd be surprised how much He wants you with Him.

Sportello

Banned
I am merely pointing out that if the goal is actually to save lives, then warm-and-fuzzy feelgood crap like waiting periods and restrictions on magazine capacity isn't the way to go about it. The murderer in this case jumped through every single hoop that the anti-gun side cries out for, he passed the background check and the waiting period, and he took his legally purchased, low-capacity, non-assault weapon to a posted "gun free zone" and killed 9 unarmed people who were denied the means to defend themselves by a "common sense" law. I guess I don't see the common sense in that.
Do you know how he acquired the gun?

Overpaid Union Thug

Ok, got it.
If I remember my bible studies correctly I'm pretty sure we were given free will and that we are now under Satan's rule. Not God's. At least until he throws Satan down again. Or something like that. I obviously need to brush up on The Bible again. I think many atheists and anti-Chriatians would be less weary of Christianity if they actually learned more about it by reading The Bible. There are many people that think Christians are still expected to stone people. For example.

wkmac

I believe that God made us because He/She/It wants to be loved.

Love is an act of free will. The ability to love also requires having the ability to not love. Otherwise, its not really love at all. God gave humans free will because without it we would be little more than sheep and sheep get boring after awhile.

George Burns said it best when he portrayed God in "Oh, God Book Two." His excuse for the pain and horrors of the world were that he couldn't figure out how to make light without darkness, good without bad, love without hate, or free will without the ability to make the wrong choice instead of the right one. Makes sense to me.

Many people feel as you but would it hurt you to know that an ant has no feelings towards you one way or the other?

If god is the creative and controlling force of the entire universe and it's vastness, seems to me my love or lack of love toward god would be like an ant not loving me.

Sportello

Banned
If I remember my bible studies correctly I'm pretty sure we were given free will and that we are now under Satan's rule. Not God's. At least until he throws Satan down again. Or something like that. I obviously need to brush up on The Bible again. I think many atheists and anti-Chriatians would be less weary of Christianity if they actually learned more about it by reading The Bible. There are many people that think Christians are still expected to stone people. For example.
I believe your understanding of the bible is on par with most of the other views you have stated here.