Express raises.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
You live in a state of perpetual fantasy to compensate for the fact that you never made anything of yourself. Tell me, why didn't you leave the company in the mid-nineties? You have stated in several posts that the company has been in a state of decline since then. You would think that a really smart guy, such as yourself, would have left back then. Could it be you have nothing to offer? Why would you bother professing your superior to anybody, in any way, much less myself?

Over the last 6 years, he has announced his imminent departure a few times. That's in addition to all the "I'm going to quit just as soon as [whatever]" promises/threats. There's always an excuse as to why he doesn't keep his word.

59 Dano

Upper middle class lifestyle? How much do people in the upper middle class gross annually? $250k? A bit more or less? If you think a million dollars, adjusted for inflation 20+ years from now, will you give you an upper middle class lifestyle for another 20+ years you're kidding yourself.

My parents are retired with a net worth of around $1.5 million that I know of. No debt of any kind. I know for a fact that they never earned $100,000 in a year and I think they might have hit $80,000 a couple of times near the end of their working careers. Those amounts are for their combined incomes. Their current income in retirement is between $80k and $100k (probably closer to 80), a good chunk of which is just reinvested.

Give me a million today and I'll have $2 million in 20 years without even trying.

For guys like you it's all about the big money exec's make, and we're just here to benefit them. It's bad enough what you do to us, but you crap on our families too in the name of the all mighty Dollar. Upper middle class? 1%er's? You have no class, you're just money grubbers. All the money in the world won't change that.

Ah, the irony of someone who desperately wants more money complaining about people who have money.

I Am Jacks Damaged Box

***** Club Member (can't talk about it)
Sigh, Dano's here.

Suiting up!

MOPP_4_high_res.JPEG

59 Dano

Yes, but a million dollars won't provide that for very long. Inflation marches on, and low risk interest bearing investments pay little.

ROTFLMAO!!! The current rate of inflation has been NEGATIVE all year and we haven't had a rate of 3% or higher since late 2011. If you're having trouble beating inflation w/your investments, my goodness you shouldn't even bother.

59 Dano

Don't know the cost of training a new hire, but have heard for each accident, a station is charged $16,000. Could be wrong, but that number sticks in my head.

That may or may not be the number (it changes each FY) but it's probably not far from it. The company takes all of the costs of accidents and divides it by the number of accidents. That's how they come up with the number. It's the average. They do the same thing for injuries.

MAKAVELI

I heard topped out couriers are still coasting along, immune to discipline for poor performance...
At my station it's not the topped out couriers that are poor performers. It's the new hires. Most of them can't find their ass from a hole in the ground. Perfect management material.;)

59 Dano

And why will it not happen?

Because of the commitment for the company to adhere to it. They don't want the commitment.

One of the other posters brought up a conversation with his managing director in which the MD spoke of that type of pay system. Then he tossed in the point that it could be suspended at any time.

I would be more impressed with a weaker step schedule that the company didn't deviate from than one that was stronger but subject to indefinite pauses.

59 Dano

At my station it's not the topped out couriers that are poor performers. It's the new hires. Most of them can't find their ass from a hole in the ground. Perfect management material.;)

At my station 3 of every 4 topped out couriers can't consistently make their onroad goals. Swings average 105% to %115 on those routes.

MAKAVELI

Because of the commitment for the company to adhere to it. They don't want the commitment.

One of the other posters brought up a conversation with his managing director in which the MD spoke of that type of pay system. Then he tossed in the point that it could be suspended at any time.

I would be more impressed with a weaker step schedule that the company didn't deviate from than one that was stronger but subject to indefinite pauses.
The company is just setting themselves up for even higher turnover for that philosophy. They already opened their mouths about putting in a step system. Now if they backtrack on that, it will only convince more that FedEx is truly can not be trusted and to look for better long term opportunities.

Last edited:

59 Dano

The company is just setting themselves up for even higher turnover for that philosophy. They already opened their mouths about putting in a step system.

Not really. All we've heard here are rumors that aren't consistent with one another.

Now if they backtrack on that, it will only convince more that FedEx is truly can not be trusted and to look for better long term opportunities.

Well, it's pretty stupid to expect it because of gossip. However, the big test will come if it's implemented. That's even with the caveat that it can be suspended if needed. The 1st time it's suspended, you'll have couriers screaming bloody murder even though it was made clear that such an act would be possible.

That's why I'd prefer that they just implement a more conservative step program that they won't have to suspend. The other one might be a better deal in the long run, but being that no one can use a calculator these days, the only thing that will be focused on is "They promised us this but they aren't giving it to us for another 6 months" or whatever. A less aggressive plan would do some good by having the company say it's going to do something and then sticking to it without altering it 4 times in 6 years. That kind of stuff is terrible.

MAKAVELI

Not really. All we've heard here are rumors that aren't consistent with one another.

Well, it's pretty stupid to expect it because of gossip. However, the big test will come if it's implemented. That's even with the caveat that it can be suspended if needed. The 1st time it's suspended, you'll have couriers screaming bloody murder even though it was made clear that such an act would be possible.

That's why I'd prefer that they just implement a more conservative step program that they won't have to suspend. The other one might be a better deal in the long run, but being that no one can use a calculator these days, the only thing that will be focused on is "They promised us this but they aren't giving it to us for another 6 months" or whatever. A less aggressive plan would do some good by having the company say it's going to do something and then sticking to it without altering it 4 times in 6 years. That kind of stuff is terrible.
Rumors that were started by MANAGEMENT. Now that maybe one of the stupidest ideas management has had. Right alongside Zapmail.

59 Dano

Rumors that were started by MANAGEMENT. Now that maybe one of the stupidest ideas management has had. Right alongside Zapmail.

Ah, Zapmail. You guys love Zapmail, because you all knew when it started that there was about to be a glut of cheap fax machines that were going to hit the market and that the space shuttle was going to blow up. LOL!

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
My parents are retired with a net worth of around $1.5 million that I know of. No debt of any kind. I know for a fact that they never earned $100,000 in a year and I think they might have hit $80,000 a couple of times near the end of their working careers. Those amounts are for their combined incomes. Their current income in retirement is between $80k and $100k (probably closer to 80), a good chunk of which is just reinvested.

Give me a million today and I'll have $2 million in 20 years without even trying.
Tell someone who cares.png