Fed-ex dives into the biggest day

Discussion in 'FedEx Discussions' started by Returntosender, Dec 10, 2012.

1. Returntosender

Returntosender Well-Known Member

2. Mr. 7

Mr. 7 The monkey on the left.

Meh,
    We had a pretty normal looking day.

3. vantexan

vantexan Well-Known Member

Isn't today the big shipping day with tomorrow through Thursday receiving all that freight?

4. SmithBarney

SmithBarney Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure most of the reporting is referring to Ground, we've already been told that peak pickup day is the 17th at express

5. There isn't a doubt in my mind .. my most packages ever .. for the 2nd time this peak!

6. HomeDelivery

HomeDelivery Well-Known Member

my heavier day was the past Sat, but due to the snow on the mid-west, we're expecting our volume to spike in the next 2 days

have a safe peak!

7. Notice the reporting occurs only when the sort has ended. lol wonder why?

8. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Who counts the busiest day as packages picked up. Weirdos. Lol jk

9. Goldilocks

Goldilocks Well-Known Member

Gotta tell you, Ground Service is great. You guys are doing a great job.

10. LTFedExer

LTFedExer New Member

I've heard the 17th is the last day to ship without paying 'extra'. They must be talking about Ground, because if my calculations are correct......XS shipped Wednesday means Monday delivery.
    You haven't seen the Ground packages sitting at a stop for 3-4 days waiting to be picked up....have you?

11. A reason this could be happening is that someone is shipping something out, but instead of calling the pickup in for a scheduled pickup, they are just waiting for the next time they receive a Ground delivery? Happens on my route sometimes.

12. RTURNSONLY

RTURNSONLY Member

Well, did Fedex broke the record of 19m packages on Monday as expected? Are the final numbers in?

13. Mr. 7

Who cares?
    Are you gonna make any more or, less money b'c of it?

14. bbsam

bbsam Moderator Staff Member

15. b33nman

b33nman New Member

lol So they won't see us throwing the boxes in and stepping on them.

16. RTURNSONLY

RTURNSONLY Member

Actually Mr.7, I do. I enjoy and savour every time the over-paid, inept and clueless Engineering department screw up with their deep and well thought projections. Get it? ;)

17. Mr. 7

I share your feelings on our Engineers. Here's what I was saying at the sta. last night re. whether or not, I'd have to come it today..."Whatever they say will happen, count on the opposite happening"

18. RTURNSONLY

RTURNSONLY Member

Yeap, thats always the case at our sta too.