Fed Exodus 2014

I Am Jacks Damaged Box

***** Club Member (can't talk about it)
What has two thumbs and nothing to do with this dead-end company anymore after 8 years?

ywv0Mki.gif

Hopefully this gets kept going.

Serf

It is a revolving door of Ramp Drivers and Couriers by me. The RTD's get the class A, then apply to UPS, Conway, Shop Rite, Wallmart, etc. where they can make 5-10 more dollars an hour to start. And the couriers come in, with the plan to stay until they get something better. I work at a larger station in the Northeast. The last employee to stay, with plans to make it a career was hired in 2008. 1 guy! Everyone since then has left. You either have 20+ years of seniority, or 18 months or less.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
It is a revolving door of Ramp Drivers and Couriers by me. The RTD's get the class A, then apply to UPS, Conway, Shop Rite, Wallmart, etc. where they can make 5-10 more dollars an hour to start. And the couriers come in, with the plan to stay until they get something better. I work at a larger station in the Northeast. The last employee to stay, with plans to make it a career was hired in 2008. 1 guy! Everyone since then has left. You either have 20+ years of seniority, or 18 months or less.

This is pretty much the story nation-wide. If you're an old guy like me (20+), you are kind of stuck, but if not...LEAVE!! People are speaking (loudly) with their feet. Too bad nobody is listening.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
This is pretty much the story nation-wide. If you're an old guy like me (20+), you are kind of stuck, but if not...LEAVE!! People are speaking (loudly) with their feet. Too bad nobody is listening.
Yep, everything falls on deaf ears with Express management. They're too besotted with Wall Street to give a damn about anything else except screwing the little guy over.

overflowed

My theory is this. None of the ops managers want to say anything that makes sense for fear of rocking the boat and getting fired. Upper management only understands what the dumb arse metrics reports show. Management is not doing its job, which is to tell upper management the real issues affecting stations. So everything must be fine and dandy as long as ops managers fib the metrics. All Good!

Serf

Last night before I shot down to the airport, I got told from my manager; "Meeting with Sr Manager for your work group Tuesday after the sort. I am going to be on vacation, but it should only be about a half hour or so. It pertains to surveys about managers, and feedback." I wanted to say, this is the 4th "survey" I have taken since I have been here. Managers can literally get thrown to the wolves and burned at the stake in regards to their piss poor performance, and they will still get a raise and bonus. Also, a steak dinner the week before Christmas. I will shuttle 2,500 pieces of freight a week, as well as pickup 150 pieces of DG and be lucky if I get a 2% increase in pay. Leave me alone!

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Last night before I shot down to the airport, I got told from my manager; "Meeting with Sr Manager for your work group Tuesday after the sort. I am going to be on vacation, but it should only be about a half hour or so. It pertains to surveys about managers, and feedback." I wanted to say, this is the 4th "survey" I have taken since I have been here. Managers can literally get thrown to the wolves and burned at the stake in regards to their piss poor performance, and they will still get a raise and bonus. Also, a steak dinner the week before Christmas. I will shuttle 2,500 pieces of freight a week, as well as pickup 150 pieces of DG and be lucky if I get a 2% increase in pay. Leave me alone!

Wow, how your attitude has changed in a few short months. You're sounding like a seasoned courier. Lol.

hypo hanna

Well now that you know the surveys are meaningless, there is no need for you to take another.
Your next step is to go to the meetings and stare blankly at the senior and hr rep for asking questions they already know the answers to and for bringing up issues they have no intention of addressing.

Last edited:

dezguy

Well now that you know the surveys are meaningless, there is no need for you to take another.
Your next step is to go to the meetings and stare blankly at the senior and hr rep for asking questions they already know the answers to and for bringing up issues they have no intention of addressing.

Just go into the break room, sit on your ass and play on your phone. That's what all our meetings look like. You'd think management would get the point but no, they keep telling us they need to control hours but then waste 30-40 minutes on a meeting no one is even paying attention to.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Just go into the break room, sit on your ass and play on your phone. That's what all our meetings look like. You'd think management would get the point but no, they keep telling us they need to control hours but then waste 30-40 minutes on a meeting no one is even paying attention to.

That's all so they can say they keep us informed. Mgmt doesn't care whether we pay attention or not, as long as we don't challenge them and ask questions.